• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesotenso

1) Football. Not soccer.

2) 8 groups. 4 teams per group. 2 best in each group qualify for round of 16.

3) Fifa dosen`t allow for video checking, so referees make mistakes and people rage a lot.

4) Uruguay was not supposed to lose to Costa Rica. Thats what makes this so fucking good.

the first thing any new fan can do is ignore this bullshit.

krYlon

The goals are what make it accessible to 99% of fans. There's nothing pure about no goals. I'm not even sure how having no goals could even be considered 'pure'. Does not compute

I'm not saying there should be no goals at all lol, but i think a lot of teams have panicked in their opening matches

dude gets injured days before the WC and has to sit there watch their team lose without being able to do anything

I get it lol suarez, but think about it for a minute

Are you trying to make me feel bad for him? lol, I'm afraid any sadness or tears from Suarez only gets the average person (as in not Uruguay or Liverpool supporters) happy.

Linius

dude gets injured days before the WC and has to sit there watch their team lose without being able to do anything

I get it lol suarez, but think about it for a minute

I'm with you Salsa. I don't like sad Luis.

Voyeur Wenger don't care

5aBRMr6.jpg

VmkWcM0.jpg

i0nzGq7.jpg

fYMI9T6.jpg

ivSU6KvMpA3yY.gif

Omg these pics, my eyes

noal

Banned
James Milner. Please leave your toothbrush at the hotel and have to go back and get it. While you're there you'll bump into Bryan Robson who will put you in a choke hold and then show you what a real lionheart plays like.

This post was brought to you by Carlsberg and WKD.

Tugatrix

Porto fans are forgetting Pepe, Bruno Alves and Jorge Costa. I don't call them typical Porto scum, but that is a difference between Benfica Fans and Porto Fans, civility

Cess007

Konosuke

Hey easy on there, he on Benfica is much more controlled and avoid this kind of things

He didn't get a single red card this season for Benfica.

Edit: Oh, Porto fan. Sorry about this season :p

Are both of you serious? The last what, 5 games, that Benfica did at the end of the season, 3 of them you guys ended up winning with 10 or even 9 players on the field. And everyone was gloating about "Even with 10 players we can't lose lolololol". Markovic or wtv didn't play the Europa League final because he behaved like an idiot. You guys just have that thug mentality in you and gloat about it.

Maxi Pereira gets away with things like that regularly in the Portuguese League. It´s so fucking ridiculous that on the video of Benfica´s celebration of the League title, one of his team mates asked how the fuck does Maxi never get a red card and Maxi just laughed.

I know right!? Ridiculous.

trixx

Costa Rica beat Uruguay? Grats to Costa Rica gaf

Please make it to second round, interesting group. Can't wait for this next match

Porto fans are forgetting Pepe, Bruno Alves, Jorge Costa. I don't call them typical Porto scum, but that is a difference between Benfica Fans and Porto Fans, civility

The only exposure to Benfica supporters I have is RVY and Lamdba_Pisscum from here, civility is hardly a word to describe any of them.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So tooooorn. By heritage, I should be rooting for England, but I'm also Trinidadian and I can't forget Crouch 2006. But it's not the same team at all so it would be stupid as hell to go against England since it's a completely different team, and lots of my buddies are rooting for England.

But then I have a lot of buddies rooting for Italy, and even watching WC/Euro in school, we were usually encouraged to root for Italy.

The smartest thing would be to stay neutral.

Dartastic

I'm hype that Costa Rica won, even though it kinda screws up my bracket. Fuck yeah, CONCACAF. Next up, England beasting on Italy.

...even though I have them not progressing out of the group on my bracket. I hope they prove me wrong.

Porcile

With all the homoerotic banter directed towards him every 30 seconds, is the sole purpose of ITV's coverage to make Fabio Cannavaro feel awkward as hell for an entire month?

What are the odd of Costa Rica beating Uruguay tomorrow?

:(

Little. IMO they and Honduras are the only american teams that won't go to the next round (Yes, Chile over Spain, and USA over Portugal :p)

What are the odds Costa Rica even get a point or a goal? Slim to none.

The same odds Australia beating Chile today

Not likely sadly. :( Still going to be rooting for you either way because of Luis Suarez and his dirty hand.

as good as the ones of us beating France lol

but your group...damn son, i feel for ya

So slim.
My people. :(

Go ticos!

We did it! :D

Don't worry, Joel Campbell will handle it.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom