• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether it's bias or sheer incompetence, I've had it up to here with matches being decided by terrible calls. All of the football "purists" who claim that video replay would ruin the game are out of their mind. Croatia spent what, 30 seconds or so protesting the referee? In that time the fourth official could have reviewed the footage, come to the conclusion that it was a BLATANT dive, and Fred would have been booked. Simple as that.

survivor

Banned
If you're a Brazil fan I don't know how you can be happy with a win like this. I would be so embarrassed as a country that the FIFA has to stoop to this level so you can win a match.

Yep, I'm a fan and this is a pretty bad performance. I really don't see how they will fare well against Spain/Netherlands

FuturusX

It was a foul...see how you have to watch it in slow-motion from 2 different angles to see it. Video replay would just slow decisions down to a crawl. I've seen it 4 times now and each time it looks different.

Kyzer

Banned
If you're a Brazil fan I don't know how you can be happy with a win like this. I would be so embarrassed as a country that the FIFA has to stoop to this level so you can win a match.

Yo first of all, the refs make the decisions, not Brazil, and I'm sorry but absolutely ZERO of the worlds top teams are 100% noble. Soccer is dirty and I hate it but that's how it is. When dude flopped himself he was being held and diving is a common way to try and get a "foul" noticed by the ref. It wasn't that weird of a move. You see shit like that from France and Italy and Spain too.

46440matchfix.jpg

Oozer3993

ESPN announcers kind of "suck" because they don't have anyone in the stadium, it's all television. That means they don't know who claimed the fault (the refere or the side guy), which makes a big difference.

GOGOGO CROATIA!

This is false. ESPN's announcers for the World Cup are always in the stadium.

I'm not aware of any sport that allows challenges of calls like that. You can't challenge pass interference or similar penalties in American football.

In rugby the referee can ask the video referee things like 'Is there any reason why I can't award the try' and a number of other things, and it works really well.

sestrugen

How can Brazilians be proud of this win? They are locals, playing against Croatia, the ref giving them bullshit calls, unable to produce football and diving like usual. What a disgrace and disrespect for everyone.

Tekniqs

anyone else on the Brazil side play well besides Oscar and Neymar?

edit: fuck, close the croatians down! soooo much fucking space. I feel an equalizer late

since South Korea?

Hahahaha nothing beats that. Here's a fun fact about the ref from that Italy match.

Moreno was arrested on September 21, 2010 at the John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, while trying to smuggle in six kilograms (over ten pounds) of heroin, which was hidden in his underwear.[9] In January 2011, he pled guilty to the charges in a New York courthouse, facing a possible ten years in prison.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_Moreno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom