• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylver

Banned
szfpfw.gif

Why doesn't FIFA implement replays

Blatter also caught world football's ruling body by surprise on Wednesday by proposing a new television review system that would go well beyond the goal-line technology already being used in some countries.

He suggested that a manager or coach could be allowed to challenge up to two refereeing decisions in a game.

"If a manager disagrees with a decision, he could ask for an immediate television review with the referee," said Blatter. "It's something new."

Any such plan would need to be approved by the International Football Association Board.

endre

I'm not aware of any sport that allows challenges of calls like that. You can't challenge pass interference or similar penalties in American football.

You are more then likely correct, but my point is there should be some option to dispute ridicoluos calls like this penalty.

That bullshit call, and dive totally killed my excitement and joy for the World Cup, like being in first place in a race, then your engine blows and you retire. Just huge bummer. Fuck these refs. Sucking the joy out of what I've been waiting....ok a fuck this shit....what just happened now??? Why wasn't that a goal? B/c Croatia scored??? What the fuck is going on? What am I watching? Is this even a live sporting event anymore ?

I'm nearly done with soccer. Refs literally are the worst ever. Fuck goalkeepers and the obsession with protecting them. Tho shit ruins the sport. GKs half the time get away with the worst shit possible.

Nuklear

Banned
If you're a Brazil fan I don't know how you can be happy with a win like this. I would be so embarrassed as a country that the FIFA has to stoop to this level so you can win a match.

Filaipus

Banned
ESPN announcers kind of "suck" because they don't have anyone in the stadium, it's all television. That means they don't know who claimed the fault (the refere or the side guy), which makes a big difference.

GOGOGO CROATIA!

cripterion

Refs making so many mistakes, brazilians pretending to be hurt, football indeed. If this is the tone they're setting for this World Cup, FIFA can fuck right off.

Tekniqs

the hyperbole in this thread is amazing. Will it ramp up even more as we get deeper into the tournament?
edit: did gustavo kick that guy in the gooch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom