• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

GavinUK86

13120534835_a646c526de_o.png

love that mod. makes that armor look so awesome.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So glad to see so many Dark Souls 2 shots. I knew you guys could do the game justice. <3

....Buuuuut I have to complain about something for some of the shots. It might be a nitpick but it's a huge eyesore to me. See this:

People, please, please consider removing the rings that give an aura, such as the Regeneration ring (red aura) or the Chloranthy ring (green aura). Those auras are really ugly IMO, and take away from the quality of the image. All the shots without those auras look so much better. :)

(Nothing personal Tnecniv, I know you aren't the only one who did that, I just singled out this screenshot because it's more recent ^^).

Edit: it goes without saying, people should also take screenshots when human instead of the ugly Hollow zombies... unless you're going for a Lich-type character. ;) Fashion Souls = best Souls.

Wow. Really love your screenshots, keep 'em coming. Confidence Man's shots were gorgeous as well.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Shame the port seems half assed. Looks like PS3 version, barely works. Doesn't run great.

Game's resolution is limited to like 1080p for whatever reason.
That's unfortunate. Is there perhaps an Inspector flag that will allow us to use 16xS/32xS?

Just in game settings (crashes when I try to force higher than 1920x1080).

Solid engine, some clean textures and while not remarkable, certainly not the dud the reviews are saying. I think some of them died a few times in the first 15 minutes and ragequit, suddenly writing a scathing review on the whole game...

14216237813_815c33988b_o_d.jpg

14192805661_20c8c3361c_o_d.jpg
Nice pics and agreed. Not the greatest game but also not the worst, a little above average, I would say, am enjoying playing through with pyromancy+dual daggers.

Thanks, I thought I'd try some action-y shots as composition was a bit hard without a freecam. Then I figured out you could get a sort of zero-G thing going to get to hard to reach places while in slomo - like rooftops!

14196758232_30b6a61043_o.jpg

14012603789_793e003647_o.jpg
Nice! Need to reinstall this and check it out again.

Simply the best, awesome.

That DayZ skybox is so crisp and clear.

Lighting and foliage look great.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
So glad to see so many Dark Souls 2 shots. I knew you guys could do the game justice. <3

....Buuuuut I have to complain about something for some of the shots. It might be a nitpick but it's a huge eyesore to me. See this:

People, please, please consider removing the rings that give an aura, such as the Regeneration ring (red aura) or the Chloranthy ring (green aura). Those auras are really ugly IMO, and take away from the quality of the image. All the shots without those auras look so much better. :)

(Nothing personal Tnecniv, I know you aren't the only one who did that, I just singled out this screenshot because it's more recent ^^)
No worries mate. Check these out:

8K Downsampled to 1920 x 1080:

DarkSoulsII_2014_05_16_14_47_04_319 by vincentric, on Flickr
DarkSoulsII_2014_05_16_15_27_21_356 by vincentric, on Flickr

SSJLuffy

.....Holy shit... what kinda specs you gotta have to make PC games run like this?

I'm about to get a job so I can afford it, then quit so I can play all these games.

Seanspeed

Banned
.....Holy shit... what kinda specs you gotta have to make PC games run like this?

I'm about to get a job so I can afford it, then quit so I can play all these games.
Well in terms of Dark Souls II, I'm running it at 1440p at a rock solid 60fps with an Intel 3570k and a GTX670(so just midrange, nothing high end). I see lots of people downsampling from much higher resolutions but I think the image quality for this game is already great at 1440p and anything more sees drastically diminished returns.

You really don't need anything crazy for much of the stuff you see here.

This does make a difference, but it becomes an annoyance to take a screen because you have to unequip, screenshot, then reequip, and can only really be done if there's no threat around, so it means no action shots unless you aren't worried about having your buff on.

But I still do it anyways, cuz yea, looks a lot better. Just means I don't have many action shots at the moment.

Two pretty basic shots that I liked anyways:

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
No worries mate. Check these out:
14198952542_7dfb3daed1_o.png
Nice! I LOVE that armour, one of my favourite torso piece. Slender and elegant, simple in design but still very badass and slick.

This does make a difference, but it becomes an annoyance to take a screen because you have to unequip, screenshot, then reequip, and can only really be done if there's no threat around, so it means no action shots unless you aren't worried about having your buff on.
Well, the game isn't that hard that you need a regen ring to be decent at the action... ;)

BONKERS

Just in game settings (crashes when I try to force higher than 1920x1080).

Solid engine, some clean textures and while not remarkable, certainly not the dud the reviews are saying. I think some of them died a few times in the first 15 minutes and ragequit, suddenly writing a scathing review on the whole game...

14216237813_815c33988b_o_d.jpg

14192805661_20c8c3361c_o_d.jpg

Ironic!

Even if it's not the best game, it looks f***in fantastic I think.

That's unfortunate. Is there perhaps an Inspector flag that will allow us to use 16xS/32xS?

Probably. If there was a demo, I could find one. I don't find spending 50$ to test it a fun experience. :(

Someone did mention they could use SGSSAA, so they must have found a flag.

Durante

FWIW, if you use GeDoSaTo you can simply remove the effect texture for the auras. Saves you equipping/unequipping rings for screenshots.

GavinUK86

I went back to this old game and forgot how fun it was.
That bullet time slowmo thing was great.
Got some sweetfx and better textures.

http://i.minus.com/iKI2fKoMQb8Dl.jpg
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibtDk2CyMK5Ie9.jpg[/QUOTE]

nice! when need for speed was actually decent.

LuminatX

Neo Member
I don't know how anyone could play gw2 with post processing on, its hideous and blurry beyond belief.

"will insert screenshot here later" :3

One3rd

It was my second encounter with this enemy before I realized it was a female demon. Got my ass kicked by these teleporting vixin's!

14026758348_491358b4d1_o.jpg

14233581073_82b9a0cfa1_o.jpg

Top Bottom