• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Durante

Yo fuck banding.

Picked this up in the steam sale and finally decided to try it out. Game looks pretty damned stellar in motion. Banding isn't as harsh in daylight. Also, it's reaaaal damn hard to get screenshots while playing!

screenshot_2014_07_09_00_06_06_by_aloo81-d7pv7tv.jpg

screenshot_2014_07_08_23_44_46_by_aloo81-d7pv7ui.jpg
Is there no way to get rid of the HuD? And does GeDoSaTo work with it?

14605084744_bb2b12f92a_o.jpg

This is Sonja of the Whiterun Companions. The Companions love to fight, eat and drink. Sonja is drinking a liitle more than ususal because she tries to forget her date with the Jarl of Whiterun.

14605085014_5df4b0b45f_o.jpg

She really tried to make an impression but without her armor and sword she feels uncompfotable and Belethor sold her a cheap LotR necklace what the Jarl certainly noticed. Shes also the only UNP body around while the Jarl is swimming in seveNBase whiterun girls
he's also married with kids, strange date, strange Jarl

aK1gd7k.gif

Yo fuck banding.

Picked this up in the steam sale and finally decided to try it out. Game looks pretty damned stellar in motion. Banding isn't as harsh in daylight. Also, it's reaaaal damn hard to get screenshots while playing!

screenshot_2014_07_09_00_06_06_by_aloo81-d7pv7tv.jpg

screenshot_2014_07_08_23_44_46_by_aloo81-d7pv7ui.jpg

What's the name of the game?

PhilGPT

I tried it with texmod but i does not seem to work unless i am missing something .
Sorry, forgot to mention that you have to replace the original launcher to get Texmod to work:

- rename the NS3FB_launcher to something else, like "NS3FB_launcherbackup"
- extract texmod to the same folder as NS3FB_launcher and rename texmod to "NS3FB_launcher"

Use the "new" NS3FB_launcher to launch the game and play with mods.

EDIT: Not sure if the No HUD mod works in Story Mode.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Sadly no on both the hud and Gedosato .

Doubly wrong.

Is there no way to get rid of the HuD? And does GeDoSaTo work with it?

By default, there's no way to even get rid of the subtitles over cutscenes, which is a huge bummer.

It absolutely works with GeDoSaTo, I posted details about it over in the GeDoSaTo thread about the quirks of everything involved.

There is a no HUD mod for Naruto (have to use TexMod)
Download it here
No idea if it works though.

Assuming the texture dump function works with the game (I'll check it) I should be able to remove the HUD similarly to how Tex Mod does.

Thorgal

Sorry, forgot to mention that you have to replace the original launcher to get Texmod to work:

- rename the NS3FB_launcher to something else, like "NS3FB_launcherbackup"
- extract texmod to the same folder as NS3FB_launcher and rename texmod to "NS3FB_launcher"

Use the "new" NS3FB_launcher to launch the game and play with mods.

EDIT: Not sure if the No HUD mod works in Story Mode.

SUCCESS!

ns3fb2014-07-0918-50-rlq7i.jpg

ns3fb2014-07-0918-52-nzrxv.jpg

Durante

By default, there's no way to even get rid of the subtitles over cutscenes, which is a huge bummer.

It absolutely works with GeDoSaTo, I posted details about it over in the GeDoSaTo thread about the quirks of everything involved.

Assuming the texture dump function works with the game (I'll check it) I should be able to remove the HUD similarly to how Tex Mod does.
I was more thinking of finding a injectPSHash for the game.

Thorgal

Nice :) Does it work in Story Mode?
Does it get rid of everything?

I can confirm that everything in a VS battle is removed save the text for performing a jutsu but it is gone fast .

However in the short testing i did, it seems that during boss fights ( ex 9 tails battle ) for some strange reason the character portraits remain on screen while everything else is gone.

So it works very well but it is not perfect .

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I was more thinking of finding a injectPSHash for the game.

If you want you should TOTALLY look into that! It would be perfect for the game.

I gave my idea a test and texture dumping works, but texture marking and replacing doesn't seem functional unfortunately. And I was doing such whacky stuff too!

Durante

If you want you should TOTALLY look into that! It would be perfect for the game.
I'd have to buy it first. Anyway, I'm currently writing an article on how to determine that hash, so hopefully soon everyone (or, well, at least some more people) will be able to do it.

Thorgal

Alo, Last thing ill say about it but couldn't you use the ,tpf file of this mod as a jumping point to do it or alter the file itself so it removes everything in any kind of fight ?

I am a noob when it comes to this so i wouldn't know .

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'd have to buy it first. Anyway, I'm currently writing an article on how to determine that hash, so hopefully soon everyone (or, well, at least some more people) will be able to do it.

For what it's worth, if you're fine with doing the whole "send paypal to a person for a game" or "buy keys, trade for game" thing, the game can be had for around ~$14 - $17.

Here's a dude on reddit selling for $14 paypal, or 7 keys.

The article seems interesting though, I'll be reading that once it's out.

Alo, Last thing ill say about it but couldn't you use the ,tpf file of this mod as a jumping point to do it or alter the file itself so it removes everything in any kind of fight ?

I am a noob when it comes to this so i wouldn't know .

I have legitimately zero experience with Texmod, so I'm not really the right person to ask on it. I know of it, have an inkling of what it does, but I've never actually used it at all.

Parsnip

Texmod tpf files are essentially just packages that hold the replacement textures and a reference text file that is used to determine which textures to replace. It would be pretty straightforward to extend the mod to remove any remaining portraits and such, but someone with the game would have to first run it in texmod logging mode and get to one of those boss fight and then do some texture dumping to determine the correct files to replace.

What mods do I need to install to get half life 2 looking like that?

The Cinematic Mod 2013 Beta. It adds a lot of stuff I had to turn off (new models that look bad and music that does not fit + some other post process stuff), so you'll have to play with it for sure. The unpacked size of the textures is around 40GB.
CM13 looks nice on screenshots but it's too dark to play it, don't you think?

Not at all. Play around with the sweetfx settings and the bloom dosage. On those shots I chose to make them dark, but I don't actually play it like that.

solarus

The Cinematic Mod 2013 Beta. It adds a lot of stuff I had to turn off (new models that look bad and music that does not fit + some other post process stuff), so you'll have to play with it for sure. The unpacked size of the textures is around 40GB.

Not at all. Play around with the sweetfx settings and the bloom dosage. On those shots I chose to make them dark, but I don't actually play it like that.

Thanks!

Spazznid

You guys know he just released Cinematic Mod 2013 Beta 1...

Know what that means....

:D

GET READY FOR SUPERMODELS AND SHIT

Spazznid

If you click "HTTP download (Thanks to MadMakz)" under "FakeFactory Cinematic Mod 2013 Alpha 12 + Update Alpha 15" it takes you to the Beta page anyways.

True enough.

As soon as this download finishes, probably in a few years ffs, y'all better be ready for some supermodel Alyx.

14636744503_3d68c62a46_o_d.png

Crysis 1 will always have a special place in my heart. It's a shame that Crytek management is such a joke and we will probably never see a worthy sequel to C1. Ubisoft crap doesn't cut it.

I am waiting to replay the it till I have a G-Sync screen though, that game should be perfect for it. Game is terribly CPU bound at this point (when lots of enemies are in vicinity) and I wonder if it will ever run at a locked 60 on any machine ...

scitek

I managed to find a way to replace the horrendous stock AO in PoP Forgotten Sands with Inspector. The Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 profile works perfectly. It doesn't bleed through fog or anything. Check out the difference.

AO off
princeofpersia_2014_0bxsp4.png

In-Game AO
princeofpersia_2014_0zns81.png

HBAO
princeofpersia_2014_0d9sww.png

Anyway ... the really cool thing is it also works for Sands of Time, and I'm hoping for the other two games, as well. Haven't tested them yet.

Some Forgotten Sands with HBAO and 8xMSAA:

princeofpersia2014-0739u0u.png

princeofpersia2014-07nkuq4.png

Top Bottom