• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

kanuuna

Warlords of Draenor

wowscrnshot_081014_18presi.jpg

wowscrnshot_081014_19qdfna.jpg

Man that looks good. Damn.
I really feel like jumping back in with WoD. Can't wait for the cinematic reveal this week!

BONKERS

Whatever they have going on for AA in this game. Sucks. Even with 2x2 downsampling, it's very "Meh"

Runs like donkey balls too.
ibiyubeueNwJdP.png

ibm6mIrMEFNFKW.png

shandy706

I haven't had my 780 long so the screens I have right now are what I'm actually playing at resolution wise. I look forward to pushing into unplayable territory in the future, lol.

Grid

ibsi8AEYINgqJg.png

iWjcyededl3Oh.png

Spaciouz

Neo Member
New graphics card, not a very good one at that. Took these at mid settings on my crappy monitor with various mods and ENB shaders.

HGMqVBQ.png

gthvfIP.png

I'm so happy with my newfound knowledge of Cheat Engine

14886356432_636a334120_o.jpg

I want to take screenshots of this game so bad... but I have a long list of games to hack free cameras into. Here's the short list:

Max Payne 3
Darksiders 2
Remember Me (still needs a proper camera)
Spec Ops: The Line

I'm not really familiar with Cheat Engine but would it be possible to make a HUD toggle for Absolution with it? I don't wanna play on Purist difficulty :/

Probably not :(

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Do you have anywhere set up specific for you and your Cheat Engine tables? It would be cool to have some Tumblr or something set up where you just post your specific tables, perhaps with screenshots attached of the game?

It would just be really useful for people to have a single consolidated place to have access to everything you've done. I'm sure it would totally affect which games people chose to screenshot, if they could just look at your site/blog and see a list of games with custom camera controls attached in.

Thorgal

The table works nicely , but it seems in my case it seems the "Move camera" option is a little wonky .

In some cases instead of moving the camera it moves a random object around the screen ( a bottle or Cigarette but ) .

Also sometimes it suddenly warps the camera to the other side of the map or another random place .

That being said : despite a few hiccups i am loving it .

hma2014-08-1117-30-49e1ig9.jpg

hma2014-08-1118-35-13k4daz.jpg

The table works nicely , but it seems in my case it seems the "Move camera" option is a little wonky .

In some cases instead of moving the camera it moves a random object around the screen ( a bottle or Cigarette but ) .

I know why this happens... but I'm not sure I can fix it. The script that grabs the camera coordinates is also grabbing other addresses as well. I tried to filter out non-camera values, but that can be difficult. So when you're holding in the button to modify teh values, sometimes the address in the table switches and you start modifying something else.

I just wish I had more time to mess with this stuff...

Do you have anywhere set up specific for you and your Cheat Engine tables?

Short answer: No. Unless you count the threads I'm creating on DET.

I've wanted to create a site for this stuff for a while now, but... that takes time. And I'm a web developer for a living, so I'd want to do it right. So... even more time :p

So it turns out this already gorgeous game has a built in screenshot function that takes a shot 4x the screen resolution. These are the first of likely many more Elite screenshots. 2001, anyone?

14885839691_56c051ca04_o.png

14702212739_3742b2333b_o.png

So it turns out this already gorgeous game has a built in screenshot function that takes a shot 4x the screen resolution. These are the first of likely many more Elite screenshots. 2001, anyone?

Wow - great feature. All games should do it.

Anyway gorgeous shots. I want to play Elite so badly.

@Jim, you should make a tutorial on how to do a free camera with cheat engine, for all the games you're not interested in or don't have time to do. Maybe other people will pick them up?

@Jim, you should make a tutorial on how to do a free camera with cheat engine, for all the games you're not interested in or don't have time to do. Maybe other people will pick them up?

It's on my list of things to do. Problem is, I'm bad at explaining these things with text, so it would take a while. A video would be better, but... I've never really done any video recording. I just need to carve out a few hours to create a guide with screenshots that make it clear what I'm explaining. It's just hard to convince myself to do that instead of something a lot more fun... like hacking another game or just taking screenshots.

Probably not. Dead Island actually looks good with good AA/IQ.

Minus the technical incompetence and ridiculous LoD streaming.

No mods, just 4K res, which runs perfect on my setup. Love these two games so much and they play even better with the hud disabled (can still view quests, map etc in menu), much more immersive.

Riptide still looks slightly better. Not sure what it is, but the IQ is a bit crisper. Probably just some engine polishing between games I guess.

14694953728_05eb06a79d_o.jpg

14704713838_ff2a00970f_o.jpg

Isn't that what they did for Cataclysm? Maybe i assumed they made it look better but the textures are mostly the same?

Yeah, they updated a lot for Cata but their environmental art design and texture work has just gotten better and better with each expansion, and Cata is now two expansions ago. MoP I think was also a pretty big jump over Cata already (see here, here, or here), so those old zones could do with some catching up, yeah. I doubt it would ever happen though.

BONKERS

No mods, just 4K res, which runs perfect on my setup. Love these two games so much and they play even better with the hud disabled (can still view quests, map etc in menu), much more immersive.

Riptide still looks slightly better. Not sure what it is, but the IQ is a bit crisper. Probably just some engine polishing between games I guess.

14694953728_05eb06a79d_o.jpg

14704713838_ff2a00970f_o.jpg
If you have an Nvidia card, you should try using some SGSSAA + Downsampling if you have the performance. I bet that would look fabulous. (0x000010C1 compatibility flag, and you need to have the AA fix enabled)

SGSSAA works wonders for the ridiculous amount of aliasing in this game.

Ex: https://mega.co.nz/#!7dxwjABA!BLTApxmLyD9Z1KPyvFbylEujhsRNjrPBZy97KI7TOrU

Good shots though. Keep'em comin

Top Bottom