• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Tnecniv

Neo Member
14862874152_f760a8a4fa_o.jpg

14676595488_e1c05d72f1_o.jpg

PhilGPT

Test shot, using jim2point0's CT. Thanks jim!
Getting crashes while downsampling with it though, using either driver ds or SRWE. Must be my PC.
Works great at native res though! :)
Is there a timestop for this? :p

14676755158_99db7fe8e9_o.jpg

Test shot, using jim2point0's CT. Thanks jim!
Getting crashes while downsampling with it though, using either driver ds or SRWE. Must be my PC.
Works great at native res though! :)
Is there a timestop for this? :p

14676755158_99db7fe8e9_o.jpg

Timestop? No. I wouldnt count on that one :(

The game runs fine for me at 5120x2880 though. I set my desktop to that and run it in windowed mode. That's NOT with TressFX though.

PhilGPT

Timestop? No. I wouldnt count on that one :(

The game runs fine for me at 5120x2880 though. I set my desktop to that and run it in windowed mode. That's NOT with TressFX though.

Its just that I saw on DET that he used a "custom CE script to enable timestop" for Tomb Raider. Thought there was something publicly available. It's cool though, cam control and FoV is great! :)
I was using SRWE, but when I started hooking CE into the game, it would crash when changing resolution. Tried setting desktop to 4K, but it ends up crashing when I hook CE as well. I'll try messing around with it some more (and yeah, I have the fancy hair on :p)

14675648350_c385e1ac9c_o.jpg

Its just that I saw on DET that he used a "custom CE script to enable timestop" for Tomb Raider. Thought there was something publicly available.

Duncan was given a dev build with a lot of debug functionality left in. Perfect for taking screenshots with.

There IS a way to enable timestop in the game. The problem is, I have no idea how to unlock that sort of thing. With Watch Dogs, you could easily find game speed by using the in-game slow motion ability. But I don't think anything like that exists for Tomb Raider.

I made it just for you :)

and everyone else

crysis3_2014_08_09_12bybx5.png

Still a fantastic looking game. I know Ryse will have better character models and material correctness... but I wonder how much stuff will be on screen.

I get the feeling that it will push less triangles and objects unless they populate the environment with more stuff for the PC port.

Seanspeed

Banned
crysis3_2014_08_09_12bybx5.png

Still a fantastic looking game. I know Ryse will have better character models and material correctness... but I wonder how much stuff will be on screen.

I get the feeling that it will push less triangles and objects unless they populate the environment with more stuff for the PC port.
I think what puts me off Crysis in terms of visuals is the art style. For all its technical glory, it seems like a very boring use of it. Ryse will correct that.

This game's visuals are... inconssitent to say the least. Some parts look great and others look like butt. The dull color palette doesn't help.

I tweaked gaussian bloom in SweetFX quite a bit to make Lara shine even more in this shot though. That's my favorite bit about it. The rest is... eh.

14848387936_06c51d81fc_o.jpg

Another portrait (4800x6400 -> 1200x1600)

This game's visuals are... inconssitent to say the least. Some parts look great and others look like butt. The dull color palette doesn't help.

I tweaked gaussian bloom in SweetFX quite a bit to make Lara shine even more in this shot though. That's my favorite bit about it. The rest is... eh.

14848387936_06c51d81fc_o.jpg

The
snow top mountain
looks the nicest I think, you should get shots of that if you can.

ScRYeD

Pardon me, but what ENB and water mods are you using? And how come my draw distance doesn't touch yours. :c

K ENB
http://www.deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/75/enb-preset-kyo-s-tesv-skyrim-enbs

Realistic Water Two
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41076/?

Watercolor for ENB and Realistic Water Two
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48938/?

The Skyrim Distance Overhaul LOD Improvement
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19446/?

Games running at default Ugrids.

The
snow top mountain
looks the nicest I think, you should get shots of that if you can.

I'll do what I can.

It's worth noting that while I can move the camera and change FOV in ANY situation, sometimes the game still locks the rotation. So the segment where you're climing up the tower, the camera will probably always point at Lara. I could move it up, down, left, right... but the direction of the camera will stay the same... which really limits what I can do at some points in the game.

I tried to find the rotation in cheat engine (was easy in Dark Souls 1), but can't do it in this game. Ugh.

Anywho, I think this forest is begging for 3:1 shots. First attempt at 9000x3000 with TressFX = crash. But with her this far from the camera, I can get away with normal hair.

14872080682_a22da9b145_o.jpg

14870092434_b1fbc8a932_o.jpg

Foliage looks like shit in this game.

Using the PlayersOnly command I posted the other day? =)

Also, timestop in Tomb Raider.

Table link (same as before)

F4 to enable the script (grabs the addresses you need)

F5 to pause, F6 to resume.

It's not REALLY paused. The speed is set to 0.001. That's so slow that very little will move. At all. Although I have run into a few scenarios where her head would try to snap where I pointed my mouse while everything else was frozen. But it doesn't happen every time.

Also, the camera can be a bit jumpy when you "pause."

Let me know if you find any bugs so I can ignore you because... I can't fix this shit. I'm messing with forces beyond my ken.

Unrelated screenshot
14686352087_0534bf8d28_o.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Didn't know where to post this but it was interesting. I was looking through the screenshots on the Alien:Isolation official website and I saw that somebody forgot to turn off the FPS overlay on one shot. Check the top right.

I think what's more interesting is that by looking at the hue of the FPS number (pretty positive it's Fraps) you can also tell that there was some image editing work done to it.

Top Bottom