• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

DD

irrtb5tM7QiAm.jpg

ibcHw8q24VWz7J.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
After some GeDo testing, we finally have...

screenshot_2014_08_13_19_11_15_by_aloo81-d7v1y32.jpg

Resident Evil 5 - Tintless edition!

Now you can see RE5 in it's full colored glory (i use the term 'glory' lightly)!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Before

screenshot_2014_08_13_19_08_15_by_aloo81-d7v1y3e.jpg

After

screenshot_2014_08_13_19_08_14_by_aloo81-d7v1y3l.jpg

Who would have thought that that light was actually blue this whole time? Or that deer actually have oddly purplish blood!

You can sort of tell that this games color was designed with the green tint in mind with things like the light emmanating from the blue bulb, but it's cool to see how the game actually looks underneath all that tint.

Also to be clear, this is not SweetFx, these are taken before the green tint is ever even rendered on the image.

Edit: I just learned that you could do this years ago using ENB, and it also works better! Woops!

Man I put so many hours into FUEL just chasing those doppler trucks and vistas and cruising around in general in a zen-like state while listening to podcasts or even watching shows on my other screen. Reposting old shots!

fuel2012-01-1619-49-3lljlj.png

fuel2012-01-1821-43-4evjue.png

DD I think you said you're playing it with the Refueled mod? How is that? I never tried that out, but I'm feeling the itch to reinstall and that sounds like it could breathe some new life into the game.

robgrab

Before

screenshot_2014_08_13_19_08_15_by_aloo81-d7v1y3e.jpg

After

screenshot_2014_08_13_19_08_14_by_aloo81-d7v1y3l.jpg

Who would have thought that that light was actually blue this whole time? Or that deer actually have oddly purplish blood!

You can sort of tell that this games color was designed with the green tint in mind with things like the light emmanating from the blue bulb, but it's cool to see how the game actually looks underneath all that tint.

Also to be clear, this is not SweetFx, these are taken before the green tint is ever even rendered on the image.

Edit: I just learned that you could do this years ago using ENB, and it also works better! Woops!

Great job! I'd been using the ENB, which removes the color filter, but I prefer the look of yours. The ENB made it too saturated for my taste. I downloaded your plugin for GeDoSaTo and I got the HUDless key to work but how do you enable the color filter?

Pretty interesting, thanks for the info!

DD

Man I put so many hours into FUEL just chasing those doppler trucks and vistas and cruising around in general in a zen-like state while listening to podcasts or even watching shows on my other screen. Reposting old shots!

http://abload.de/img/fuel2012-01-1619-49-3lljlj.png

http://abload.de/img/fuel2012-01-1821-43-4evjue.png

DD I think you said you're playing it with the Refueled mod? How is that? I never tried that out, but I'm feeling the itch to reinstall and that sounds like it could breathe some new life into the game.

Sometimes this game feels like a meditation, indeed. I'm playing listening to this: http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/355569/bs

It adds some good vibes, I'm telling you. ;)

About the Refueled mod, honestly, it doesn't revamp the game, but it gives some options, like disabling the terrible motion blur, different interfaces, you can force specific day times, or the length of the day, different color palettes for the cars, etc. It's nice to have it, but the game in general stays the same.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Great job! I'd been using the ENB, which removes the color filter, but I prefer the look of yours. The ENB made it too saturated for my taste. I downloaded your plugin for GeDoSaTo and I got the HUDless key to work but how do you enable the color filter?

I've gotta re-update the table since I found the one that disables the color filter.

I plan to update it like this

injectPSHash d770949e
#a309e0e8 - Green tint, No Hud
#d770949e - No tint, No hud
injectDelayAfterDraw true

So if you use the first PSHash, you keep the tint and lose the HUD. If you use the second PSHash, you lose both the tint AND the HUD.

These look gorgeous

One3rd

This is a cool action shot. One of the ones that prodded me to boot up the game again with the playersonly available. Can I ask how you got rid of the player weapon and laser beam in this section of the game? Did you have to edit the weapons.ini file?

robgrab

I've gotta re-update the table since I found the one that disables the color filter.

I plan to update it like this

injectPSHash d770949e
#a309e0e8 - Green tint, No Hud
#d770949e - No tint, No hud
injectDelayAfterDraw true

So if you use the first PSHash, you keep the tint and lose the HUD. If you use the second PSHash, you lose both the tint AND the HUD.

Thanks! I got it to work but I'm having a problem running RE5 under dx9. I crash whenever I get close to a ladder where there's going to be an action promt for the AI co-op partner to perform an action. The error message I get is:

RE5DX9.EXE - Fatal Application Exit
ERR09: Unsupported function.

It's not related to GeDoSaTo or Flawless Widescreen because it crashes even when those aren't enabled. I've already played through the game at least twice with no problems but I must've been playing under dx10 because I get no such error. I've searched the web for that particular error message but there's been no definitive answer.

Here's what it looked like before I got close to the ladder.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Thanks! I got it to work but I'm having a problem running RE5 under dx9. I crash whenever I get close to a ladder where there's going to be an action promt for the AI co-op partner to perform an action. The error message I get is:

RE5DX9.EXE - Fatal Application Exit
ERR09: Unsupported function.

It's not related to GeDoSaTo or Flawless Widescreen because it crashes even when those aren't enabled. I've already played through the game at least twice with no problems but I must've been playing under dx10 because I get no such error. I've searched the web for that particular error message but there's been no definitive answer.

Here's what it looked like before I got close to the ladder.

Weird, I don't know what that's about. I'm bringing my PC over to my dads house tomorrow and we plan to play through the game together, if I run into that bug I'll let you know and if I find a fix, I'll let you know about that too.

7Sins

Neo Member
This is a cool action shot. One of the ones that prodded me to boot up the game again with the playersonly available. Can I ask how you got rid of the player weapon and laser beam in this section of the game? Did you have to edit the weapons.ini file?

Those shots are a bit old so I don't remember exactly how I got rid of the green laser, but I do remember it was bugging me too. I searched the weapons.ini and hid the "monster controller" (I don't remember the actual name in the ini) but the green target was still there so I had to take the shot in a certain position so that the green target would clip. It will disappear if you point it in a far distance.

One3rd

Those shots are a bit old so I don't remember exactly how I got rid of the green laser, but I do remember it was bugging me too. I searched the weapons.ini and hid the "monster controller" (I don't remember the actual name in the ini) but the green target was still there so I had to take the shot in a certain position so that the green target would clip. It will disappear if you point it in a far distance.

OK, that's what I've been doing with the laser pointer as well. With playersonly though; you point in the opposite direction you want to take a shot, press playersonly which freezes the laser pointer target, and then use a fairly narrow FOV to remove the rest of the bendy green laser from view. I'll definitely have a look at the weapons.ini file and see if I can figure out which one is the "monster controller".

PhilGPT

In case anyone's interested, there seems to be a Street Fighter IV freecam mod available (with timestop and other features).
Anyone want to test it out? Go here!

robgrab

Weird, I don't know what that's about. I'm bringing my PC over to my dads house tomorrow and we plan to play through the game together, if I run into that bug I'll let you know and if I find a fix, I'll let you know about that too.

I really hope I can figure out a fix for the dx9 crashing because it's awesome to play with no HUD and proper color. I'm running it at 3840x1620, 4x SGSSAA, HBAO+, while using lanczos scaling and high quality SMAA in GeDoSaTo and STILL getting a solid 60fps. The ENB used to KILL performance but with this solution there's no hit!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I really hope I can figure out a fix for the dx9 crashing because it's awesome to play with no HUD and proper color. I'm running it at 3840x1620, 4x SGSSAA, HBAO+, while using lanczos scaling and high quality SMAA in GeDoSaTo and STILL getting a solid 60fps. The ENB used to KILL performance but with this solution there's no hit!

I didn't run into that issue, sorry bud =/

I would love to know what SSAO bits you're using for HBAO+ because the game could totally benefit from it. Stuff looks reaaaal flat. Is it just the default one or is it a special one?

In case anyone's interested, there seems to be a Street Fighter IV freecam mod available (with timestop and other features).
Anyone want to test it out? Go here!

This seems cool but it looks like the site is down.

It appears you can find the Github page for it here though! Edit: it looks like that git page is actually for another semi-related SSF4 project.

Top Bottom