• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

If you have an Nvidia card, you should try using some SGSSAA + Downsampling if you have the performance. I bet that would look fabulous. (0x000010C1 compatibility flag, and you need to have the AA fix enabled)

SGSSAA works wonders for the ridiculous amount of aliasing in this game.

Ex: https://mega.co.nz/#!7dxwjABA!BLTApxmLyD9Z1KPyvFbylEujhsRNjrPBZy97KI7TOrU

Good shots though. Keep'em comin

Thanks for the info :)

I've used that flag in Nvinspector before. I find too much of a performance hit with specific AA settings (I almost always play at the res I take screenshots in) and with default settings at 4K there is almost zero aliasing anyway. (The shot above with the graffiti and railing is a few weird shadows not visible jaggies)

It's a tough choice between 4K (downsampled) and 144hz (love my monitor). I think we'll be in for a treat when screens offer native 4K at 120/144. The movement is so smooth and almost surreal but the extra crispness some games get at higher resolutions, like Dead Island make screenshots better obviously :)

A few more I took today. I think the game is just as under appreciated as the visuals.

14707644257_c14441fe18_o.jpg

14871196686_86d603fe1a_o.jpg

BONKERS

Thanks for the info :)

I've used that flag in Nvinspector before. I find too much of a performance hit with specific AA settings (I almost always play at the res I take screenshots in) and with default settings at 4K there is almost zero aliasing anyway. (The shot above with the graffiti and railing is a few weird shadows not visible jaggies)

It's a tough choice between 4K (downsampled) and 144hz (love my monitor). I think we'll be in for a treat when screens offer native 4K at 120/144. The movement is so smooth and almost surreal but the extra crispness some games get at higher resolutions, like Dead Island make screenshots better obviously :)

A few more I took today. I think the game is just as under appreciated as the visuals.

14707644257_c14441fe18_o.jpg

14871196686_86d603fe1a_o.jpg

4k 144hz with strobing low persistence would be cumtastic. (Or something improved from Sony's Motionflow impulse!)

Anywho, great shots and what not!

My main beef with the game (If you can notice in the video I provided) is that there is a persistent microstutter (Frame pacing issue maybe?) even with a controller, making it completely unplayable for me. It's not something as simple as the frame times spiking consistently (A problem I was having when I played Mafia 2 with a 30FPS cap while using 60Hz Vsync. That was fixed by using a 30FPS cap with 1/2 Vsync) Because the frametimes are basically 100% consistent.

This happens whether i'm capped to 60FPS or 30FPS. The only point it becomes unoticable is if I play ~100FPS, which without being able to use vsync and having good AA/IQ is another problem.

Looking at it again, it seems maybe every so many frames several get churned out as duplicates for some reason

(To see this, use a controller, and slowly pan in one direction or the other)

Video https://mega.co.nz/#!CNA1CaDb!ACj5S26CqewU3UlJ6Nr2ESrgz30atmnZC1_HCP4Wmz0

Other than this, I was actually impressed with some aspects of it. And it seemed like it would be a fun game.

But the Stutter/Frame pacing issue kills it :(

It's a surprisingly pretty game, assuming you don't look at the skybox too closely. Did you miss the thread a few pages back where we were spamming Blur like crazy?

Nope, I just dip in and out of this thread occasionally to see pretty things. But thanks, I'll be sure to link my graphics programmer friend to this - always nice to see your work appreciated long after everyone's stopped talking about it in the media :)

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Game's not an overall visual stunner but it can look decent in certain areas.

14714850190_7b5252208b_o.jpg

Anyone know how to disable/hide the HUD?

Edit; Forgot to mention, was simply using 2040p driver downsampling in conjunction with in-game maxed out settings.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
^That's the Unreal 4 Temple tech demo if am not mistaken, am expecting Ryse to look that good as well, hopefully even better.

BONKERS

Game's not an overall visual stunner but it can look decent in certain areas.

14714850190_7b5252208b_o.jpg

Anyone know how to disable/hide the HUD?

Edit; Forgot to mention, was simply using 2040p driver downsampling in conjunction with in-game maxed out settings.

May I direct you to:

Given there wasn't huge advertising, and the game seems to be a sleeper release almost, I think it looks pretty good. http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4892547&postcount=2255

I'm also glad the HUD doesn't scale with resolution. Meaning downsampling+SGSSAA will actually be a viable solution

^That's the Unreal 4 Temple tech demo if am not mistaken, am expecting Ryse to look that good as well, hopefully even better.

I'll be happy as long as those supposed cutscenes that ran in real-time that were made into FMVs to simplify loading or whatever were back to being real-time. Fuck FMVs, what a waste of hard drive space space. Don't even bother if you aren't going to encode them well

I also hope they will include SMAA 4x/TXAA/etc.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
May I direct you to:

Given there wasn't huge advertising, and the game seems to be a sleeper release almost, I think it looks pretty good. http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4892547&postcount=2255
A thousand thanks. Totally forgot to check that thread.

Fwiw, I enjoy R3's visuals, it's the same Risen 2 engine but with added polish from the looks of it. Depth of Field, lighting and dynamic shadows in particular seem improved over Risen2 if am not mistaken.

Am enjoying the gameplay as well, feels more in tune with Risen1; which I enjoyed more than Risen 2.

I'll be happy as long as those supposed cutscenes that ran in real-time that were made into FMVs were back to being real-time. Fuck FMVs, what a waste of space.

I also hope they will include SMAA 4x/TXAA/etc.
Same I'd prefer real time, as well, those lovely bokeh effects too while in-game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Call of Duty: Black Ops (works great with Durante's tool for 4K + fxaa capture due to MSAA having white outline issues + hud disabled through ini for immersion)

14721736200_b2c7970580_o_d.jpg

14721794898_262ea04316_o_d.jpg

Top Bottom