• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

One3rd

14913050936_54da6f56e9_o.jpg

14936040465_0c4eaa800d_o.jpg

kanuuna

Forgotten Hope 2 (Battlefield 2 Mod)
1080p 8xAA 2xMSAA

Mmmm..Tiger:

oKab.png

Lets go hunting:

sKab.png

How active is it these days, specifically on EU side? That mod was the shit with 128 player servers. Pointe Du Hoc, those African campaign maps and everything. Project Reality, too.

Great Skyrim shots! Beautiful work!

Batman and the Season Pass was sitting in my backlog. Enjoyed the first two a lot and this is a very good (though buggy) third entry.

But my goodness, if you ever want a reason to buy a 144hz monitor, this is it. Absolutely stunning! Really takes the visuals to a new level, seeing the crazy PhysX particles flying around, the combat animations and just the general silky smooth walking etc, it's like there's a living world inside my screen it is that smooth.

So won't be taking many downsampled shots but managed to stop for a few moments for these. The AA is gorgeous.

14758506858_d228d81d79_o.jpg

14922137276_aabb4b0033_o.jpg

What is painful to see is how AF completely fails and does not work in TW2. Check out the ground texture.

I have no idea hwo to fix it myself.

I've found that the best combination is ubersampling with driver AF, as the devs themselves said that using ubersampling introduces an AF effect comparable to 4x AF.

Leb

I've found that the best combination is ubersampling with driver AF, as the devs themselves said that using ubersampling introduces an AF effect comparable to 4x AF.

Have they ever said what exactly Ubersampling is doing? I mean, there's obviously the SSAA and AF components, but it also seems to directly impact lighting quality and the like.

Spazznid

Great Skyrim shots! Beautiful work!

Batman and the Season Pass was sitting in my backlog. Enjoyed the first two a lot and this is a very good (though buggy) third entry.

But my goodness, if you ever want a reason to buy a 144hz monitor, this is it. Absolutely stunning! Really takes the visuals to a new level, seeing the crazy PhysX particles flying around, the combat animations and just the general silky smooth walking etc, it's like there's a living world inside my screen it is that smooth.

You should try Lightboost.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
You should try Lightboost.

I doubly recommend this. The difference in motion clarity is insane.

I love the perspective in this shot. Incredibly well executed.

14939801881_d24543979b_o.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3866/14940148371_3fa99a4acb_o.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

I saw this picture earlier on Twitter with my SO next to me and they said "Wow, that place looks beautiful. Where is it? I would love to travel there."

I thought that was really damn cool.

But Übersampling runs so poorly in comparison to downsampling :/

Yeah. If the performance loss is too much, you can enable 4x AF without ubersampling AA by going into your user.ini (my documents/witcher 2/config) and change or add "Ubersampling=1" without quotes in there and then change the file to read only.

Top Bottom