• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

iV49tq80y7p9H.jpg

iL7DtQXP7eret.jpg

I saw this picture earlier on Twitter with my SO next to me and they said "Wow, that place looks beautiful. Where is it? I would love to travel there."

Me too. Some of the places in The Witcher 2 are really fantastic to look at. I just wish the fog wasn't so heavy and you got a bit more view distance. That would really sell it as a dense forest. Some god rays would be icing on the cake.

14772797288_536309f1b8_o.jpg

14769438627_afc6026fed_o.jpg

kanuuna

For further tinkering with The Witcher 2, HBAO flag 0x000D0001 (World Of Warcraft) works with the game somewhat. It doesn't destroy the performance, but it bleeds through the game's default bloom and sunshafts in pretty nasty way. I don't know how it behaves with ENB series for that game, though.

For further tinkering with The Witcher 2, HBAO flag 0x000D0001 (World Of Warcraft) works with the game somewhat. It doesn't destroy the performance, but it bleeds through the game's default bloom and sunshafts in pretty nasty way. I don't know how it behaves with ENB series for that game, though.

The official ENB is slightly broken. Seems the best thing to do is just run the generic ENB for Bloom + palette. I'll probably experiment with turning off the in-game bloom and just running ENB's instead. Natty's shots with that setup seemed promising.

kanuuna

io6nZNS9W3OTM.png

The official ENB is slightly broken. Seems the best thing to do is just run the generic ENB for Bloom + palette. I'll probably experiment with turning off the in-game bloom and just running ENB's instead. Natty's shots with that setup seemed promising.

Also, if I recall correctly tweaking the game's gamma and brightness values (options available in-game) can restore a huge amount of detail in overexposed scenes. I love the forest shots though, great work.

Nice shots!
Just a question regarding the HUD. What is the command to toggle it? I had no problem doing it in City and Asylum but it doesn't want to toggle for me in this game.

Hi, if you read the first post in this link, it will lead you to a small download that activates the console in game. Then you can press F10 to bring it up and type 'togglehud' to hide it or again to bring it back.

http://www.deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/205/batman-arkham-origins-play-with-other-characters

I've been loving my time playing FUEL, but the aliasing is still present even under 8XAA, it took me downsampling at 50% my native res with AA to remedy all that aliasing. Why does that happen in FUEL? is the AA solution just horrible or is it the textures or the renderer?

I've been loving my time playing FUEL, but the aliasing is still present even under 8XAA, it took me downsampling at 50% my native res with AA to remedy all that aliasing. Why does that happen in FUEL? is the AA solution just horrible or is it the textures or the renderer?

The in-game AA is pretty awful, yeah. If you're using an nVidia card try this bit 0x000112C1 and forcing MSAA (or SSAA if you want), should result in a much cleaner and clearer image.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
http://abload.de/img/k71alsa6.jpg[img]

[img]http://abload.de/img/k72ufszc.jpg[img]

There is a compass-hud that can be hidden by switching characters and grabbing the shot before it pops up again.[/QUOTE]

Those shots are stretched, this is what it should look like. There also might be a widescreen hack for the game to give it proper widescreen.

[QUOTE][IMG]http://abload.de/img/k71alsa6gryno.jpg

when i do that i get this:

So I actually remember getting a screen like that, but I have no idea what I did to fix it. It was a kind of "D'OH" moment though, like I had missed some obvious step? I know that's not a lot of help -_-

Are you overriding the application setting? Using inspector's AA settings? My inspector looks like this and in-game looks like this. I just tried it with various AA combinations (AA setting in the game's launcher doesn't matter) and they all loaded in fine =X

Edit: Oh I remember (and replicated that blank screen) now! That happened when I used the default bit/just tried overriding through the control panel. Once it's changed to 0x000112C1 it should display fine.

So I actually remember getting a screen like that, but I have no idea what I did to fix it. It was a kind of "D'OH" moment though, like I had missed some obvious step? I know that's not a lot of help -_-

Are you overriding the application setting? Using inspector's AA settings? My inspector looks like this and in-game looks like this. I just tried it with various AA combinations (AA setting in the game's launcher doesn't matter) and they all loaded in fine =X

Edit: Oh I remember (and replicated that blank screen) now! That happened when I used the default bit/just tried overriding through the control panel. Once it's changed to 0x000112C1 it should display fine.
Ah, my mistake was putting the flag in the AA Behavior section... UGH. works flawlessly! Thanks!

FUEL 2520x1575 (1680x1050 VGAx1.5) 16XCSAA:
iblXWPphlffnGL.png

Now if only I could push back the draw distance and raise the shadow resolution a bit:
iU6QEPdYJEZSV.png

kanuuna

That beta continues to look great. Aside from the obvious new player models, have they added anything new to graphics options? I remember dynamic shadows were introduced with Wrath, sunshafts and improved water came with Cata and texture resolutions were bumped up with each expansion after TBC.

Also, am I correct in assuming your game is running in DX11 mode? Looks like post-AA at a glance. AFAIK, proper multisampling only works when running the game in DX9 mode.
It might lock out the SSAO option game offers, but I always found the ambient occlusion forced with nVidia drivers to look a lot better. That, and transparency anti-aliasing.

Yeah, DX11. They removed MSAA from the in-game options, and forcing it in DX9 causes rendering issues. In-game AA availability is FXAA low/high and CMAA (DX11 only). I'm using CMAA and downsampling from 3200x1800. The CMAA doesn't seem to induce much in the way of blur and looks smoother than just downsampling (here or here, with CMAA is on the right). Forcing AO only works in the 32bit client and I'm ok with using Blizzard's implementation in exchange for a higher view distance.

As far as graphical improvements go, the only new option added is refraction (off/low/high), but I haven't done much testing with it anywhere. Outside of the options menu stuff, textures of course keep getting better/more varied. Certain spell effects have been improved (notably incinerate, I play a warlock) and new spells in particular are quite nice, so yeah, the usual suspects as far as across the board expansion improvements go.

Leb

<witcher 2 shots>

May I just say, your W2 shots are fucking awesome. I've played the game like 10+ times and have seen just about every angle of every asset that there is to be seen, and your shots are still managing to bring something fresh every time.

Real nice work, man.

Thanks. Giving up though. My game seems completely screwed. I can only put 1 point into each skill so I can't raise my HP or vigor anymore. Not sure what happened but I die in like 2 hits even on easy.

Also, the fact that you can't change res in-game and the horrible aspect ratio support makes it kind of a chore. I just hope they fix those 2 things for The Witcher 3.

Top Bottom