• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

DD

iVW9IyCxZRmYp.jpg

ibbF2zXi4PzNIn.jpg

UnrealEck

I'd post screenshots of the awesome looking Ogre city and ruins in Nagrand from WoD, but the entire server got disconnected last time I was playing and everyone ended up logging back in at Orgrimmar.

The area design in WoD is excellent though. The lighting even looks better, but it's a bit hard to capture it well in a screenshot.

I'd post screenshots of the awesome looking Ogre city and ruins in Nagrand from WoD, but the entire server got disconnected last time I was playing and everyone ended up logging back in at Orgrimmar.

The area design in WoD is excellent though. The lighting even looks better, but it's a bit hard to capture it well in a screenshot.

I'd post screens of Nagrand but I've never been a huge fan of that zone, TBC or WoD =X. And the trees are so god damn ugly they make me rage every time I see them ;P

Edit:

Tnecniv

Neo Member
needs more pistons and tubes
Haha, the XE suit is pretty much armor overkill, need it to finish the game. Here's an older shot with Bats in default Origins suit. Pardon the hud and gpu overlay, IIRC, settings used were FXAA high, maxed out, 3K driver downsampling:

14997262415_348cccf329_o.jpg

kanuuna

Not sure if I can help ya out there. Firstly, I'm with Iorveth. Secondly, I've been save-game hopping to access various areas because my game is currently fucked. So I haven't been doing side quests. My talents are broken and it seems I can only assign 1 point to each talent, which means there's no way to increase my vigor at all (stuck at 2, even at level 30ish). I die in 1 hit unless I use CE to hack my health before I start, which gets lost as soon as I load a new game (hacking god mode into this game is tricky).

If you just want to go sight-seeing, you can check my save game from that zone with the story stuff cleared out.
Be careful if you're using cloud saves however, and back those up. I remember having a ton of issues with cloud saving and transferring local save files when the Enhanced Edition launched.

I don't actually know if the place ever appeared on Ioverth's side of things, because I only played through the game aligned with Roche - a choice I'll be sticking to until 3 comes around, so I can have another excuse to play through TW2 once I finished the series.
Also, a handy tip; you can meditate to pass the time in that zone. It looks great at each time of day.

EDIT: New page? Ugh, I should find something to fill this space.

UnrealEck

I'd post screens of Nagrand but I've never been a huge fan of that zone, TBC or WoD =X. And the trees are so god damn ugly they make me rage every time I see them ;P

Edit:

Yeah compared to some of the other trees like the dead looking ones around Spires of Arak and the sandy areas of Nagrand (near Ogre camps) those trees look bad. But it's Blizzard, they always keep a low budget for people's hardware.

Overall I'm surprised at how much work they seem to be putting into this expansion on the art side. I looked on MMO champ earlier and saw the beta was updated with loads of nice stuff. I think people coming back to the game are going to really get drawn back into the world.

K-putt

The game looks pretty darn good but what I'm concerned about is the optimization. Have they achieved anything in that category? Both of the older engine versions had frame drops even though there wasn't much at all happening. Also issues with SLi/CF.
Game runs ok'ish. I have a AMD card so it runs rather bad. I hope some new drivers fix this, but i kinda doubt it. There are also no unreasonable FPS drops. Can't say anything about SLI/CF since only have one card.

metro_2033_-_redux_0231kr5.jpg

metro_2033_-_redux_04lcjvd.jpg

Leb

If you just want to go sight-seeing, you can check my save game from that zone with the story stuff cleared out.
Be careful if you're using cloud saves however, and back those up. I remember having a ton of issues with cloud saving and transferring local save files when the Enhanced Edition launched.

I don't actually know if the place ever appeared on Ioverth's side of things, because I only played through the game aligned with Roche - a choice I'll be sticking to until 3 comes around, so I can have another excuse to play through TW2 once I finished the series.
Also, a handy tip; you can meditate to pass the time in that zone. It looks great at each time of day.

Yeah, it's a Roche-only sidequest, which is kinda too bad, cause I think it's literally the coolest area in the entire game and I suspect most people have never seen it. Also, thanks for the assist, cause now there are more awesome W2 screenshots in this thread.

It worked.

This area... wow.

Here's a quick Panorama (8 screenshots @ 7680x4320)

Cool. Cool cool cool.

CUD

Banned
How did you do that? and is it as crappy to play as i think it is?
How do you get to play as Deathstroke outside of challenges? Or is that what this is?

Phreakuency, (quoted below) linked me to the guide. You can also play as the Joker and others in the list, only Joke cannot grapple or climb so travelling around can be difficult.

In regards to Setsuna's question, do you mean to play as Deathstroke or the game itself? The game itself isn't bad, it's just not as good as the previous two I would say. It's got a lot of the same elements so you'll probably enjoy this if you enjoyed the others but it doesn't offer much new at all and the story isn't as compelling as AC. I'm still enjoying it though and I do quite like the more realistic art style too.

Deathstroke plays well but I would assume there would be limitations as you shouldn't be able to use him in all missions and areas but traversing the city is possible with his grappling hook as it is the same as Batman's. Combat is pretty satisfying with Deathstroke's cool animations and acrobatics, more so than Batman's I would say.

Jackpot

Banned
I have a question, what sort of settings best emphasise scale? i.e. make the player look tiny and surrounding objects look big. High FOV?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm really enjoying your Silent Hill shots, lovely atmosphere. Keep them coming!

Thanks! I've been enjoying the game a lot more than I expected after letting it sit in my Steam library for years. The 30 fps lock makes playing the entire thing at 4K with Durante's tool a no-brainer too.

Top Bottom