• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

There's no question that the redux is an improvement over the original when it comes to animation, character models, textures, and surface levels.

The lighting is tougher to judge. This is the part of the game I've seen that has seen the biggest changes -- some for the better and some for the worse. When it comes to the lighting, I fall somewhere in the middle.

Original (4k down, ultra smaa):
15051872675_799f359698_o.jpg

Redux (in-game maxed):
14865294180_c7e3035dcf_o.jpg

Aww, they got rid of the turret gun.

One3rd

There's no question that the redux is an improvement over the original when it comes to animation, character models, textures, and surface levels.

The lighting is tougher to judge. This is the part of the game I've seen that has seen the biggest changes -- some for the better and some for the worse. When it comes to the lighting, I fall somewhere in the middle.
The main stand out between those two images is the lack of the awesome-ly moody fog in the redux version.

14867011629_3ea53965a1_o.jpg

14867075590_afe3d3a5eb_o.jpg

The new DLC areas have far superior lighting compared the base game. Probably due to them being designed after they changed the lighting engine, unlike the base game areas.
15054821182_cc7fba60d4_k_d.jpg

BONKERS

Regarding the OP and SGSSAA, the links for SGSSAA link to the super super super old thread on Guru3D that is really outdated.

I believe the link for the newer thread (That I personally keep updated as much as possible with references and links where needed for 450+ entries) should be added somewhere instead. Because BoobPhysic's post links to the old one and he looks to be banned. So it cannot be updated.

Even 3Dcenter isn't as up to date now days. (The latest list for updates to the OP of that thread is pretty large, where as that all has already been long since updated on the Guru3D thread)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=357956

R8TEDM3

Don't know why, but i still think the original LL looked better imo! It just doesn't pull me in the same way last game did.

15063405241_90bc53dea5_k.jpg

15043435396_2dd1b88bd0_k.jpg

Honey Bunny

Regarding the OP and SGSSAA, the links for SGSSAA link to the super super super old thread on Guru3D that is really outdated.

I believe the link for the newer thread (That I personally keep updated as much as possible with references and links where needed for 450+ entries) should be added somewhere instead. Because BoobPhysic's post links to the old one and he looks to be banned. So it cannot be updated.

Even 3Dcenter isn't as up to date now days. (The latest list for updates to the OP of that thread is pretty large, where as that all has already been long since updated on the Guru3D thread)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=357956

This is useful thanks

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

I believe Guacamelee supports custom characters through Steam Workshop yeah? Does that mean you could potentially replace your character with a completely transparent one, then take shots of just backgrounds? Might be an interesting tool to add to your screenshotting abilities.

Top Bottom