• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

misho8723

Banned
N1cb.png

O1cb.png

Pakoe

Hm, I was in the mood for some relaxing Space Engine again and I had to reinitiate/reinstall the shaders because of an Nvidia driver update. I had to do this after every driver update because the planets/suns are invisible If I don't.

Now I have a bigger problem, everytime I hit F2 to see the planets of the solar system I'm in, I can't see the little icons in the bar and a big preview of some planet is heavily flickering on the entire screen. So I can't use F2 and it's really annoying. I redownloaded Space Engine and reinstalled everything but to no avail.

Anyone has the same issue and/or know how to fix this? I fear the latest Nvidia driver update incorporated something that is incompatible with some parts of the program.

To not waste space here some older pics I haven't posted

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3841/14910706018_114e2ba894_o.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3900/15074287076_8d961955c6_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Using your pics as wallpapers, thanks.

kiyomi

First time posting here, sorry if I'm doing something wrong! I was using GeDoSaTo to render this thing @ 4K but the screenshots only came out at 1080p, is that normal? These aren't to the standard of the incredible shots here but I'm going to try to learn about how to do it properly. Since this is my first gaming PC I wanted to get some kind of freecam running in Tomb Raider, took one look at Cheat Engine and went nope.gif

i6VPmiPRBEOgz.png

ibzZHggTieicmh.png

Will M

First time posting here, sorry if I'm doing something wrong! I was using GeDoSaTo to render this thing @ 4K but the screenshots only came out at 1080p, is that normal?

Yes, I believe GeDoSaTo shows you the final downsampled image so screenshots are automatically set at 1080 (or whatever you set it at).

I saw Oracle on Patrick Klepek's Worth Playing feature. That fire looks great, I need to check it out and make a gif or webm.

Parsnip

First time posting here, sorry if I'm doing something wrong! I was using GeDoSaTo to render this thing @ 4K but the screenshots only came out at 1080p, is that normal?

Gedosato has 3 different screenshot keys, HUDless, full size, and normal. HUDless (only works if there's a config for the game the config has the required info for hudless shots) and fullsize should come out at whatever your render resolution is set (4K in your case), and normal comes out downsampled to whatever your present resolution is set (1080p).

kiyomi

Yes, I believe GeDoSaTo shows you the final downsampled image so screenshots are automatically set at 1080 (or whatever you set it at).

I saw Oracle on Patrick Klepek's Worth Playing feature. That fire looks great, I need to check it out and make a gif or webm.

Gedosato has 3 different screenshot keys, HUDless, full size, and normal. HUDless (only works if there's a config for the game the config has the required info for hudless shots) and fullsize should come out at whatever your render resolution is set (4K in your case), and normal comes out downsampled to whatever your present resolution is set (1080p).

Thanks guys!

What's the best way to achieve freecam in games? Do I really have to learn how to use Cheat Engine? :p

I like this. Who's the character model?

Those Space Engine pics: god damn. Downloading right now to check it out; glad you posted.

I've just read the Space Engine forums and it is indeed a driver problem. If you are on Nvidia and have the latest driver installed there are a bunch of problems now and I wouldn't recommend running this program like that.
It is recommended to do a driver rollback to a previous version, doesn't look like there is a fix coming in the near future but who knows.
I'm not messing around with my gpu drivers though, I'll wait it out... hopefully it doesn't take ages.

TheRed

First post on Neogaf! Hope I don't completely mess up!
Thanks for the tip, haha knew I'd mess it up after never posting on forums for so long :)

15113962472_c8bd185b5a_o.png

15114348175_f294c2ba40_o.png

Top Bottom