• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

iMzvKwakBypeV.png

iboR3UAF57NUt9.png

Man, the contact hardening shadows in the first game are so awesome.

Shame they are missing from the sequel releases.

Zoolader

I made a huge mistake and just downloaded Minecraft a couple of days ago and now I'm completely addicted. But what kind of sorcery is this?! What texture pack is that!? The textures I downloaded along with the shaders looks pretty damn nice but those pics look on some next level shit.

When I do portraits, I run the games in portrait resolutions but with my monitor in landscape mode.

So for these shots, the game is running at 4200x5600 downsampled to 1080x1440 (I have a 2560x1440 monitor).

But that's for the sake of screenshots. It's not very easy to play games like that :p

Any change you'll upload the table? I'd like to get a closer look at Mercury Steams art

Isn't game not supposed to be out yet???

I preordered on steam still not unlocked

You can use a VPN to unlock as it came out in Japan concurrently with the Xbox One version. Would just wait though, you have to stay connected to the VPN and online or it doesn't seem to track achievements or let you take screenshots at all. Which is weird given other games I've played offline do. Of course, if you don't care about that stuff at all go for it!

lol :) What are the AA options? What kind of FPS are you getting?
Saw that you already made a CE table for it, thanks! :)

Just using SMAA and seem to be getting 30FPS at 2560x1440. I haven't tried to unlock it. I did notice SMAA 2x though, so that's nice.

Downsampling or hardware AA is pretty much out of the question for me. This game runs far worse than much better looking games out there. I didn't check to see if SLI is working though.

PhilGPT

Thanks Jim. Good to know about SMAA at least. Will have to wait till tomorrow to check it out.
Not expecting impressive visuals, but hopefully the game will be fun.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Isn't game not supposed to be out yet???

I preordered on steam still not unlocked
Was thinking that maybe they'd move the release up to 12am eastern/9pm pacific, but it looks like they are sticking with that 9am pacific time schedule. Will be at work when it unlocks, hopefully will have time to play later this evening. Looking forward to tinkering, benchmarking and seeing visual improvements. Fwiw, previously played and enjoyed DR3 on the XB1.

Inspector 16xS + 4xSGSS (the slight blur works well with the foliage and lighting in this area, imo):
15143267921_110a54118b_o.jpg

In-game maxed settings (the sharper and slightly more aliased image works well with the caves setting, imo):
15145871122_7c72cb6b0d_o.jpg

BONKERS

SMAA T2x not very impressive TBH(As I expected). For something called temporal AA it doesn't do very much at all for temporal aliasing that isn't thick geometry. Thin geometry, specular aliasing, and shading aliasing it does nothing for at all.

Even when downsampling there is quite an amount left. (And looking at the raw 1800p image there are a ton of geometric edges it misses too)

That said, there's no reason why such a cheap method shouldn't at least be the bare minimum for consoles. And it IS better than FXAA and SMAA 1x by a decent margin.

I think my standards are just skewed from having used SGSSAA for so many years now.

iRQVfTcSARjQ0.png

Top Bottom