• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Well... the trick to posting images on a forum is that you actually need to link to an image, not a page with an image on it :p

Here's what you probably wanted to do:

15113962472_c8bd185b5a_o.png

15114348175_f294c2ba40_o.png

I just went to the links that you tried to post and grabbed the full resolution sizes. You can grab those when you're on the photo page.

Worth 12 bucks?

EDIT: Too late, I'm weak.

Uh... it's alright. I had fun with it. There are some things that really annoy me about the game.

1. There's no pause. Even in offline mode.
2. Cops will persue you even if you're parked on the side of the road doing absolutely nothing. The fact that you exist is illegal and must be punished.
3. The 30 FPS limit can be removed, but the game is always locked at the FPS you specify. If it drops below, the actual game slows down. (If you set to 60 FPS and the game is running at 30, it will play at 50% slow motion and physics will be buggy).

I have a few ideas on how to improve my CE table so I'm holding off on uploading it just yet.

Spazznid

Uh... it's alright. I had fun with it. There are some things that really annoy me about the game.

1. There's no pause. Even in offline mode.
2. Cops will persue you even if you're parked on the side of the road doing absolutely nothing. The fact that you exist is illegal and must be punished.
3. The 30 FPS limit can be removed, but the game is always locked at the FPS you specify. If it drops below, the actual game slows down. (If you set to 60 FPS and the game is running at 30, it will play at 50% slow motion and physics will be buggy).

I have a few ideas on how to improve my CE table so I'm holding off on uploading it just yet.

Yeah, I need to lock my wallet somewhere safe when I decide to look at Amazon at 3AM...
The tutorial alone was 40 minutes, but it wasn't even a tutorial, it was the game mocking me. FFS "To outrun the cops, drive fast." ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS THANKS MONOTONE LADY!

Yeah, I need to lock my wallet somewhere safe when I decide to look at Amazon at 3AM...
The tutorial alone was 40 minutes, but it wasn't even a tutorial, it was the game mocking me. FFS "To outrun the cops, drive fast." ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS THANKS MONOTONE LADY!

Oh yeah, I remember that game's intro being a nigthtmare. Thankfully after you finish them, you don't need to deal with that shit again. But if you have to quit in the middle of that for whatever reason, you have to start it all over again. FFS....

Blizzard

Banned
Guess what! Remember how I was complaining about my cable modem resetting so I basically couldn't even load a page of this thread? I finally got the newest modem swapped out today, and was able to load 3 pages of screenshots while downloading a Steam game update. As far as I could tell, THERE WERE NO RESETS MY INTERNET IS STABLE AGAIN YAY!

Of course, a page of this thread still probably takes 5-10 minutes to load and that one slow site is incredibly slow for me, but that's life. :p

Thorgal

Question for Portrait takers :

I know how to do it and it worked well enough , but there was one caveat :

After i turn the screen back to normal all my icons on my Desktop are thrown willy Nilly across my screen and spend an half hour sorting them all back into place ( yes , i got a crap load of Icons :p )

Is there any way to prevent that from happening ?

When I do portraits, I run the games in portrait resolutions but with my monitor in landscape mode.

So for these shots, the game is running at 4200x5600 downsampled to 1080x1440 (I have a 2560x1440 monitor).

But that's for the sake of screenshots. It's not very easy to play games like that :p

Durante

Jim, is the aspect ration stuff working out for you? I think I found a corner case where it wouldn't work. (Basically, if your aspect ration is so extreme that one dimension in the downsampled resolution is larger than the same dimension in the starting resolution you can't take a normal-size screenshot)

Looks cool. What resolution is that?
2560x1440 with 8xSGSSAA. (Uses almost 20% of my GPU ;))

How did you turn off the UI/HUD?
GeDoSaTo.

Thorgal

When I do portraits, I run the games in portrait resolutions but with my monitor in landscape mode.

So for these shots, the game is running at 4200x5600 downsampled to 1080x1440 (I have a 2560x1440 monitor).

But that's for the sake of screenshots. It's not very easy to play games like that :p

Heh , that's easier solved then i thought it would be .

I thought switching the resolution numbers wouldn't work .

Spazznid

I used to take portraits on my Bravia by laying sideways and setting windows to portrait mode. Wall-Mounted 50-inches don't respond well to tilting, lol. But now I have a nice monitor, and I just flip the screen sideways. I never liked icons on my desktop so I've had mine disabled for years.

Top Bottom