• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

BONKERS

Dynamic lighting differences?
Or could be that the game doesn't know how to handle such a resolution I suppose. (Or it's just a bug/)

Gattsu25

Banned
265550_2014-09-04_000xbs7l.png

The in-game cutscenes look great.

What game is this? Mark your post

Is Sheva in RE6 or is that a mod?

UnrealEck

In the 2013 e3 demo wasn't there a lot more zombies on screen when they showed this almost exact scene where I'm on the roof?

Sometimes there's more. I've noticed when I got further into the game, some areas seemed to become more populated than before. Not sure though if it's just random or if it has to do with progression, which would make sense.

Dynamic lighting differences?
Or could be that the game doesn't know how to handle such a resolution I suppose. (Or it's just a bug/)

I'm not sure what you're trying to ask... but no? This happens only when you switch to a higher resolution. Goes back to darkness at lower resoltuion. Back to super crazy washed out at higher res.

So Dead Rising 3 looks like shit.

I would never say it's a good looking game. The visuals have pretty much no merit to speak of. But the real crime is how terrible it performs compared to how it looks. It's just not justified.

But you can jump in the air and perform a flying katana slash which cuts zombies in half vertically.

Sometimes there's more. I've noticed when I got further into the game, some areas seemed to become more populated than before. Not sure though if it's just random or if it has to do with progression, which would make sense.

It's based on progression. By the end of the game there are literally thousands of zombies on every street.

Which means performance will only get worse as you go along.

R8TEDM3

Who the heck is MMOGA? Are they legit?

Is that $30 for both games??

I was sceptical at first, but they had a better deal than "STEAM" so i got it! Basically you create your account, pay, and you get "2 STEAM" keys from them in like 3-4 minutes!

And yes it is legit...i got the bundle from them the other day!!! Btw $30 is for both "Metro 2033 Redux and Metro LL Redux!"

@legacyzero... i'm glad you like that pic!

15152091585_a24ffcc17a_k.jpg

14965368409_fe99112f67_k.jpg

Playing catchup in this thread tonight and finding a lot of really nice shots from the Metro Reduxes, 2033 especially. Slappin' down some links in place of re-posting people's pics that I really liked but posting a few quoted pics too, so hopefully a weird aggregate post like this is allowed. All that atmosphere!

therealminime
14882732278_5b0d8dcaba_o.png
This image is very atmospheric to me.

And this is weirdly magical.

Other thoughts

@ Stallion Free's Silent Hill Homecoming shots
Great! And, what he said.

This is looking really nice (Pillars of Eternity), I missed out on the Kickstarter but kinda curious.
Arulan said:

Dat's purdy.
Confidence Man said:

This Morrowind album
Incredible.

Anyway, feel free to delete this if it's not allowed for any reason but you all constantly impress me. Good to be back.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Warlords of Draenor

http://abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_082414_14bko70.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_082414_16j7rim.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Still lovin' this WOW tour. As someone who only played for a month or so a couple years ago it's really cool seeing more of the game.

I wish DR3 had less grey. it's so boring looking

It was an unfortunate change in art direction for sure. And for no reason. They went for a more realistic look, but doing that only makes it more easy to point out the technical flaws in your graphics. Especially with such low res textures. It just ended up looking really bland and really boring. It's at odds with the style of gameplay, which is just balls-to-the-wall silliness.

^LOL

Finally finishing up DMC (no new games till big backlog cleared). Strange reboot. Gameplay and action sequences are fine but story and characters are laughable compared to the first game in the series.

Also had to remove the post processing in the config file because it was too much for me. It makes it somewhat washed out but I prefer it. Almost comic book rather than bleeding colours.

15161763032_b9fa299683_o.jpg

Tnecniv

Neo Member
This game runs far worse than much better looking games out there.
I agree with this. While I overall enjoy the look of the game, it is technically not that impressive considering the amount of gpu power it requires to max out (not even 780 can achieve steady 60fps).

1920x1200, in-game maxed. 2600k 4.5ghz, 780 1150mhz:
15163918432_b4a547f720_o.png
Edit: And it's letterboxed for us 16:10ers

Reading about all the people rolling back their drivers because of problems with Dead Rising 3, I decided to do it too. Space Engine works fine again, there must something inherently borked with the newest drivers.

15162402991_849a838bde_o.jpg

14978744240_cdf1ede1d8_o.jpg

Thorgal

Purty game .

Only sad is that when downsampling . black bars appear on the side.
but without it . the character models are jaggy as hell.

bout2014-09-0714-57-1zvjmc.jpg

bout2014-09-0715-30-38ajis.jpg

Top Bottom