• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Thorgal

bout2014-09-0715-50-40tjl3.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
First time posting here, sorry if I'm doing something wrong! I was using GeDoSaTo to render this thing @ 4K but the screenshots only came out at 1080p, is that normal? These aren't to the standard of the incredible shots here but I'm going to try to learn about how to do it properly. Since this is my first gaming PC I wanted to get some kind of freecam running in Tomb Raider, took one look at Cheat Engine and went nope.gif

i6VPmiPRBEOgz.png

ibzZHggTieicmh.png

Your screenshots are totally fine. Oracle is a really nice looking game, I haven't heard of it before. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

Tilt is great, that looks stellar.

p4cb.jpg

http://i.picpar.com/r4cb.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

For Fallout NV, that's pretty fantastic.

[quote="Phreakuency, post: 128394656"]VPN = Very Pirated Now

Jokes aside, anyone posting pics of pirated games is a dipshit that has no place on a game forum.[/QUOTE]

What the hell? This is such a ridiculous viewpoint, especially since people absolutely do use VPN's to unlock games a few hours early. Tons of people did it with Dark Souls II, me included. Just because something is against rules doesn't mean that it's wrong to do.

[quote="R8TEDM3, post: 128660195"]I was sceptical at first, but they had a better deal than "STEAM" so i got it! Basically you create your account, pay, and you get "2 STEAM" keys from them in like 3-4 minutes!

And yes it is legit...i got the bundle from them the other day!!! Btw $30 is for both "Metro 2033 Redux and Metro LL Redux!"[/QUOTE]

Those sites usually do actually hold up their end of the bargain, but it's worth noting that key resellers like that are banned on Gaf, so keep that in consideration.

UnrealEck

I agree with this. While I overall enjoy the look of the game, it is technically not that impressive considering the amount of gpu power it requires to max out (not even 780 can achieve steady 60fps).

Looking at your rivatuner overlay in that screenshot, I'd say the performance problem is the CPU, not the GPU.

Tilt is great, that looks stellar.
Tis a shame the game breaks in several ways after using the table for too long. Then there are glitches with shadows and lighting. And no way to pause the game. There's a lot of potential for cool screenshots with that game but I don't think it will ever be realized.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
That's an easy fix. Open: DR3 Install folder\data\datafile\viewport.txt

Add this to it:
Thanks, I also saw the thread for it over at Steam, have to use toastyx utility resolution, as well. For now I'll just crop the black bars using fast stone.

2880x1800->1920x1200 (cropped to 1080 with fast stone to get rid of 16:10 black bars), in-game maxed, capped at 30:
14990739680_b6f0021af5_o.jpg

This game cleans up really nicely with GeDoSaTo, 8K (which this screens are at) is great, but not playable, 4K at 60fps looks great. The skyboxes are the only thing that really don't look good at all. When there are no skyboxes in play though, it looks great (second pic).

15173761192_5d4926428c_o.png

15173761382_ce8fbf271e_o.png

Creating a guide for my CE table now... as well as a guide to using GeDoSaTo with this game (it's a mess)

Jim2point0, thanks for your work. Seriously, I couldn't care about lords of shadow, but this needs to be said in general.

You are doing amazing work.

PS: I can't believe how far the community pushed Skyrim.

BONKERS

This game cleans up really nicely with GeDoSaTo, 8K (which this screens are at) is great, but not playable, 4K at 60fps looks great. The skyboxes are the only thing that really don't look good at all. When there are no skyboxes in play though, it looks great (second pic).

15173761192_5d4926428c_o.png

15173761382_ce8fbf271e_o.png
Have you ever tried playing with 4 or 8xSGSSAA? CoD games clean up great with those.

R8TEDM3

I see "Flickr" is having problems...again! Some of our pic's are not showing up!!!

I used to like them, but lately i think it's time for a change...

BONKERS

I wish I knew a way I could remove the HUD and freeze time maybe or something.

Also: Some shots were cropped to remove unwanted elements (Hud, subtitles for Italian speech) or photoshopped out (Crosshair, subtitles on like one or two shots I think)

As well this is with the built in DoF distance blur thing enabled. Because I like the way it looks when downsampled with this setup. Helps make it feel more film like for my tastes. Playing the game vanilla though, not so much.

These are essentially the settings I played the game with. To make it look like films shot in Technicolor. (Many of which are heavy on grain, and heavy on grain on high exposure elements). So I know it can seem thick, but I really love the way it looks. Here's a .rar of reference images of films shot on (AFIK) 3-strip Technicolor tried to mimmick

i2vJ0sxxjGP1S.jpg

ibgT5Ar3Cm9TaW.jpg

yeah i'm weird and i'm sure there will be a fair amount of people who don't like this at all.

BONKERS

iq0H9WGvGEkzr.jpg

ibjlOrfdJhbpsj.jpg

UGH, I also forgot, Faststone's PNGs are huge in file size.

7MB for a 1080p picture? Ugh. Ok. I'm just gonna batch convert them to JPGs now and re-link

One3rd

He definitely does. Some details about the dev mode and fly script in the comments here.

These are essentially the settings I played the game with. To make it look like films shot in Technicolor. (Many of which are heavy on grain, and heavy on grain on high exposure elements). So I know it can seem thick, but I really love the way it looks. Here's a .rar of reference images of films shot on (AFIK) 3-strip Technicolor tried to mimmick
This is really cool, I like what your doing with the technicolor and filmgrain to give it that authentic look. It is very close to some of those images in the RAR file. I'd really like to know what your sweetfx file looks like.

What are doing for filmgrain as well? I found that downsampling from large resolutions had a detrimental effect on the look of the grain...which is great if you want to remove it from a game but not so much when you want that effect.

Top Bottom