• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

BONKERS

I found a HBAO+ flag for Dead Rising 3. Though am unable to test very much. Would be awesome if one of you guys playing it and taking screens could test to see if there are any issues maybe.

0x00060000

Comparison
(do note though that it's subtle compared to the built in AO)

Psychonauts
15052770097_e6a5396fe7_o_d.png

Nice. I keep meaning to replay that (for what, the 12th time?).

Going to ask here because the OT has long been relegated to community forum hell. Any tips for getting SGSSAA to work with Resident Evil 6? No matter what I do it just doesn't seem to activate, works fine with Revelations and pretty much every other game.

Jelle

Love the Darksiders 2 shots, jim2point0. Are new forms of downsampling still fatal for the framerate? I remember trying driver based downsampling and the framerate plummeted.

Depends on how high you go... and what your hardware is.

Since the game doesn't support SLI, I'm stuck to a single 780 (6GB). 4K is smooth as butter. But for these screenshots I'm pushing more than 2x the pixels (using GeDoSaTo).

4K is ~ 8MP
These shots are ~18MP (6000x3000, 3750x5000). Those don't run so smooth.

But apparently a 780 TI can run the game at those resolutions just fine so there's that.

Skyzard

Banned
^thanks, the models and environment look really good in-game, pretty hard to take a bad one!
Although not great in 4k they look awesome when made smaller, but I'm uploading the originals for whoever/

intukGCmWS3Gh.png

ibw6b3XnYOdNpm.png

Shumafuk

15250849965_868ba6e8cc_o.png

15064120909_48fee39755_o.png

Not very enjoyable to take screenshots for me. Free camera and FoV are tricky and graphic setting unpredictable. But hey, the easter egg is nice=)

BONKERS

Going to ask here because the OT has long been relegated to community forum hell. Any tips for getting SGSSAA to work with Resident Evil 6? No matter what I do it just doesn't seem to activate, works fine with Revelations and pretty much every other game.

0x000000C1 , make sure to use the AA Fix.

I've confirmed this to work with the retail game myself

News about the re-release made me want to remind myself how the game looked and why the 'improvements' are near pointless in my opinion (more so for PC gamers).

I'd like to be proven wrong but the style of visuals and low polys wouldn't benefit much from even a full blown retexture, let alone what is actually planned.

15253887395_25e27eb4c5_o.jpg

15250788181_13a12654d9_o.jpg

JordanN

Banned
Zomg, why can't we get more games like this??!?! It's like Mega Man and Zelda combined!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the graphics still look good for a 2007 game. Best motion blur I've ever seen.

ipclHaPhu98St.jpg

i2o5OvVxQAUAj.jpg

midhras

The only thing different in gameplay is the resolution, and the quality settings on DOF and AO.

This shot on my Tumblr was taken at 1080p with a framerate of about 40-50 (I run with a lot of grass and texture mods and don't have a very good card anymore).

Sanjay

I mean non cinematic shots, like a first person view with a view of a gun. I still need to play the DLC, your shots are highly tempting me.

midhras

Oh, it looks the same in first person. I play hudless as much as I can. The only difference would be the arms and weapon. A lot depends upon what mods you run of course: the ENB isn't everything. Also, as I've only played a bit of the Mothership Zeta DLC, I can't guarantee that the look will carry over well in area's I've never visited. ENB is far from perfect, especially my own.

I should do a gameplay video again. Wish I'd have a dedicated capture card.

rFdb.png

sFdb.png

Finally I bought this game, you guys were right, the artstyle is phenomenal!

Those shots are with the in-game SS, I'll try some 4k with GeDoSaTo, I hope my PC can handle this...

RedSwirl

Zomg, why can't we get more games like this??!?! It's like Mega Man and Zelda combined!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!.

That's called Mega Man Legends. And I think the first version of the MT Framework engine, or LP1's control system, or both, were done by one of the main MML designers as a prototype for what would never be.

Anyway, LP1 is mainly looked upon as a really interesting fusion of western and Japanese action game mechanics.

Top Bottom