• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

15241841996_0c3ced81b9_o.jpg

Redid this one slightly:

15263408692_acd03cbe99_o.jpg

Fireflu

Absolutely stellar screenshots Jim!

You have given me countless wallpaper material, thank you good sir.

Darksiders 2 had such a beautiful colour palette and your screenshots certainly do justice to that!

Always liked the look of those 2 Transformers games. Even bought them but weren't my thing :/

Going through my backlog, swearing off new games has made me realize how much stuff I (impulse sale) bought and taught me a lesson.

Thankfully there's some good one's in there. Found my old box of game manuals and cd keys for non Steam games. Shift 2 has been fun. Nice coming back to older games wit better hardware too :)

15267767405_4446202df4_o.jpg

15264669951_f0bc553ba9_o.jpg

BONKERS

Just downsampling via gedosato and ENB (or "revhancer" )

Were you wall hugging for those or just cropped?

Always liked the look of those 2 Transformers games. Even bought them but weren't my thing :/

Going through my backlog, swearing off new games has made me realize how much stuff I (impulse sale) bought and taught me a lesson.

Thankfully there's some good one's in there. Found my old box of game manuals and cd keys for non Steam games. Shift 2 has been fun. Nice coming back to older games wit better hardware too :)

15267767405_4446202df4_o.jpg

15264669951_f0bc553ba9_o.jpg

Shift looks really good cleaned up.

Also though: Those Transformers games bug me, inconsistent textures. Good Art style. But the sense of scale feels terribly wrong. Everything looks like as if people are just wearing costumes in a human scale environment.. Rather than HUGE robots in a huuuuuuge scale environment.

I suppose is simply due to console limitations.

7Sins

Neo Member
isdagnPIQOH5s.png

isx1Xbxr7TUC1.png

Were you wall hugging for those or just cropped?

For "freecam" I'm using a lua script to change the character position and a first person mod, but it's pretty annoying and hard to get some decent shots, I don't really put enough time into it. (check DET)

legacyzero

Banned
I mean, that's one thing the game had going for it, was it's visuals, so hopefully, it'll be an option, otherwise, GeDoSaTo save us.

FF13 coming to Steam.

I mean, that's one thing the game had going for it, was it's visuals, so hopefully, it'll be an option, otherwise, GeDoSaTo save us.

I dunno mate. Bargain price $15, no mention of PC features makes me think quick, crappy port with not even resolution settings. (The game itself sucked though. I don't think a longer game exists with less gameplay).

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Oh boy Resident Evil Revelations 2 is fun!

screenshot_2014_09_19_01_43_10_0_by_aloo81-d7zpgc9.jpg

Barry's daughter looks really peculiar in this new game, zombie guy seems to agree!

screenshot_2014_09_19_02_38_04_9_1_by_aloo81-d7zpgkg.jpg

Stuff like this is why every game should come to PC.

Rendering at 5120x2880, injected SMAA, a mod to disable the filter, a mod to replace the character models, a mod to disable the UI, and a mod to apply shaders that let you fine tune the visuals.

A lot of those come from the same application (GeDo!) but the fact that all that stuff is layered on top and provides such a different experience from what was available on consoles is great.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
It deserves to be said here, too. That is one epic fucking screenshot.

As someone who didn't grow up watching Transformers, I look at it and think "Yo that's a big robot."

Also I continue to really appreciate how the game looks without that filter.

screenshot_2014_09_19_02_47_51_24_by_aloo81-d7zpgbn.jpg

screenshot_2014_09_19_02_47_47_23_by_aloo81-d7zpgbt.jpg

Edit: Also lol wow those floaty feet

BONKERS

Did they fix load captain? Are buttons named to match xbox controllers?

I've tried asking about the typos on the steam forum. no one will answer. I don't want to support a product where they had the chance to fix the rushed work they did on the Android version to begin with.|
EDIT: They DID indeed fix the typo. But... game is locked to 30FPS, and battles locked to 15FPS?!...

Also I continue to really appreciate how the game looks without that filter.

Looks worse to me. But different strokes different folks

For "freecam" I'm using a lua script to change the character position and a first person mod, but it's pretty annoying and hard to get some decent shots, I don't really put enough time into it. (check DET)

I looked at the forum on DET. Didn't seem to find anything.

BONKERS

does anyone know an AA compatibility bit for trackmania united forever? cant find one that works well with all environments

Have you tried 0x004412C1 with and without the AAFix?(Trust me it CAN make a difference)

It may not be able to get everything just because there is so much and because of the hackish nature of getting SGSSAA to work.

You may need to try 4xSGSSAA+ some downsampling to help out.

Have you tried 0x004412C1 with and without the AAFix?(Trust me it CAN make a difference)

It may not be able to get everything just because there is so much and because of the hackish nature of getting SGSSAA to work.

You may need to try 4xSGSSAA+ some downsampling to help out.

yeah tried that one and one other i found on 3dcenter that was for tm nations united. both work in stadium environment but in island cause visual glitches.

Did they fix load captain? Are buttons named to match xbox controllers?

I've tried asking about the typos on the steam forum. no one will answer. I don't want to support a product where they had the chance to fix the rushed work they did on the Android version to begin with.|
EDIT: They DID indeed fix the typo. But... game is locked to 30FPS, and battles locked to 15FPS?!...

Yeah, the typo is fixed. And as you say the game is locked to 30/15 as far as I can tell. Not sure if it's something inherent to the DS version, been years since I've played it and I never had the android version. One weird things I've noticed is sometimes in the text there are tiny flecks of white inbetween letters.

As for proper control prompts, as far as I can tell there aren't any. Mostly just A and the stick, I figured out the button prompt for run on my own. In the help page it gives controls for a keyboard.

BONKERS

Yeah, the typo is fixed. And as you say the game is locked to 30/15 as far as I can tell. Not sure if it's something inherent to the DS version, been years since I've played it and I never had the android version. One weird things I've noticed is sometimes in the text there are tiny flecks of white inbetween letters.

As for proper control prompts, as far as I can tell there aren't any. Mostly just A and the stick, I figured out the button prompt for run on my own. In the help page it gives controls for a keyboard.

I ended up buying the game. The white flecks you speak of, are actually basically kind of a glitch from rendering something far above what it was intended to. It exists in FFIII from what I saw too. 9/10 PS2 games with the internal resolution increased with PCSX2 also suffer this issue.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/312750/discussions/0/613936673377663531/ (The FMV also scales improperly for whatever reason using NN or something. Can be fixed by forcing AA oddly enough)

Game does clean up pretty nicely though
Forcing AA works without a problem.
iZMxX0wATrOZV.jpg

yeah tried that one and one other i found on 3dcenter that was for tm nations united. both work in stadium environment but in island cause visual glitches.

Mind making an account there and posting some comparison screenshots?

orava

15266044726_24fa48f4c3_o.png

15102515337_d02ee5ec97_o.png

Dat colored lightning.

From the studio that brought you Resogun and Super Stardust.

Cropped. Glide wrapper was used. Interestingly this game had renderers for dx6,dx7, opengl, glide3x AND software.

Top Bottom