• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

R8TEDM3

15381258431_330e5a4d26_k.jpg

15197692869_8ec272818b_k.jpg

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Wow @ SH3. Is that some sort of HD remake? I know little about the PC version, but it looks insanely good for a 2003 game, especially the character models/faces.

Blizzard

Banned
Wow the last 4 pages have been a treat.
Vanishing of ethan carther looks amazing, how does it run?
Very well for me, GTX 770 2GB, i5 3770k 4.2 GHz, 4GB memory, I'd estimate 50-60 fps on average for 1680x1050 with 4xAA, though I didn't have fraps showing the framerate the whole time.

Marmac

Banned
Guys, can someone explain to me how to properly save 4K images for the web? I have a 4K monitor and when I take screen shots from Steam they look great but when I upload them to websites they look grainy and doesn't retain all the detail. I noticed every 4K image here looks incredible. How can I get my images to look that great?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Guys, can someone explain to me how to properly save 4K images for the web? I have a 4K monitor and when I take screen shots from Steam they look great but when I upload them to websites they look grainy and doesn't retain all the detail. I noticed every 4K image here looks incredible. How can I get my images to look that great?

Save them as lossless files.

I recommend using something like Fraps to capture screenshots, but if you're going to stick with Steam (the downside is that it doesn't capture post-process injectors) you can enable lossless screenshots by

Settings > In-game > "When a screenshots is taken:" > tick "save a lossless copy"

Now you'll get lossless PNG files, which you can resize with something like Photoshop (costs money) or Faststone(free) and upload to a site like

Sta.sh or
https://www.flickr.com/

Top Bottom