• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

15981450831_5bf789a9d3_o.png

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The small images link to full size images that are high quality, they look exactly as they did on the screen during gameplay. I just don't see the point in posting gigantic images in the thread, it just makes it hard to read.
Uh, that's the purpose of the thread. No one wants to see thumbnails and then click to see full-size. You're doing it wrong, sorry.

One3rd

Random shot to show HUD removal. This was at 5120x2880 but it looks like it will need more to remove that aliasing.
15357580314_49b6279710_o.jpg

Use following settings in GeDoSaTo plus the Config.XML changes in my post above, for resolution and HUD removal. Note that the in-game menu is zoomed in and fairly unusable unless you know where to go, maybe there is another Hash for this, didn't check. Also that pressing ESC with HUD disabled pauses the game

# This is a profile file for SWTFU
forcePresentRes true

#HUDless Screenshots and HUD removal
injectPSHash fb6a391c
injectDelayAfterDraw true

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I own the site, I uploaded them to my own hosting so I could link to them, how is that an issue? (and if it is, where should I store them?)

The small images link to full size images that are high quality, they look exactly as they did on the screen during gameplay. I just don't see the point in posting gigantic images in the thread, it just makes it hard to read.

No problems with hosting on your own site, just be sure to embed the large image here. 1920x1080 is preferred since most users have 1080 screens. Keep on postin bud!

Playing with depth of field

15356502754_55939e8a4d_o.jpg

15971208512_0aecf087b4_o.jpg

Since I just posted, I was actually looking at this from bottom to top.

Saw the bottom pic and thought "That's some good looking DoF!" then saw "playing with depth of field".

Good stuff!

Felling nostalgic with the crysis shots on the previous page. Nearly every year i reinstall / uninstall to see if it holds up, luckily i still have it installed
324432324frdxn.png

editor2014-12-0819-28p2bwr.png

sandbox editor resolution

SliChillax

You can edit the title in the "Go Advanced" button when editing your post.

Definitely works in 4k and probably higher. Edit the ..\AppData\Local\Aspyr\Star Wars The Force Unleashed\config.xml file and replace the below lines with your resolution of choice.

Code:
	<s id="VideoWidth">3840</s>
	<s id="VideoHeight">2160</s>

Also works with GeDoSaTo if you set the below flag and then the resolution you want in the Config.xml file. The startup movies and menus were all zoomed in but the game ran at 5120x2880 that I tested at. The HUD is in the middle of the screen but you may be able to find a PSHash for this.

Code:
forcePresentRes true

paired with;

Code:
	<s id="VideoWidth">5120</s>
	<s id="VideoHeight">2880</s>

And some Spec Ops
15789105038_09d0f8d83a_o.jpg

I can tell a UE3 game a mile away, so glad we're done with this engine.

Filben

FFXIII looks beautiful. But I'm too progressed with my PS3 version and there were some scenes giving me headaches. But lookin at this it could be worth... darn!

Filben

Not sure I agree. Have you seen some of the shots in this thread from even recent UE3 games such as Vanishing of Ethan Carter?
I think the problem is what most devs pull out of the UE3 engine. And most seem lazy and games look like fresh from a construction kit .

Durante

FFXIII looks beautiful. But I'm too progressed with my PS3 version and there were some scenes giving me headaches. But lookin at this it could be worth... darn!
The problem with FF13 is that you need to play a rather mediocre game for 20 hours to then be allowed to play a decent game for another 20 or so. And the some of the characters
(Snow)
are incredibly annoying.

The good news is that the graphics are beautiful and extremely varied throughout. (With perhaps one or two low points, like Vile Peaks and most of chapter 10)

Random shot to show HUD removal. This was at 5120x2880 but it looks like it will need more to remove that aliasing.
15357580314_49b6279710_o.jpg

Use following settings in GeDoSaTo plus the Config.XML changes in my post above, for resolution and HUD removal. Note that the in-game menu is zoomed in and fairly unusable unless you know where to go, maybe there is another Hash for this, didn't check. Also that pressing ESC with HUD disabled pauses the game

Awesome, thank you. And to answer Stallion Free, DSR definitely doesnt work with TFU tho. It only showed my native res, and disabling DSR and adding custom resolutions didnt work either. But i didnt know about this method of editing the XML file (i had been looking for config files or ini files etc, but didnt see anything), but thats awesome, gonna mess with that tonight. TFU is surprisingly good looking imo, the screen space reflections in the Tie Factory level are great for a 2008 game

Filben

It only showed my native res, and disabling DSR and adding custom resolutions didnt work either.
Did you try setting your desktop resolution to your desired one and than start the game? I know some games using the desktop res and some max res settings in their options depends on the set desktop res, too.

Sucks you can't disable the text in the upper left corner in the demo.
Edit: Just bought the game, you can't disable the text in full "Sneak Peek 2.0" either. Oh well...

15980250231_620bca0f78_o.jpg

15980249821_472a165a7c_o.jpg

Did you try setting your desktop resolution to your desired one and than start the game? I know some games using the desktop res and some max res settings in their options depends on the set desktop res, too.

Yeah, i did that but it didnt work either. But hopefully the XML config edit will do the trick :D

robgrab

DSR definitely works with SWTFU. I tried it last night. The trick was setting the desktop resolution to 4K BEFORE launching the game. I couldn't get it to work with GeDoSaTo though. It might be because I'm using the 61fps.exe that forces it to run at 60fps.

Lime

Are there different space suits in Star Citizen or will all players look the same? Sorry if it's a bit off-topic, but the shot above looks pretty good.

Zabojnik

Are there different space suits in Star Citizen or will all players look the same? Sorry if it's a bit off-topic, but the shot above looks pretty good.

Tons of different suits, helmets, outfits, etc. Think mmorpg. I mean, there will be, not now. :)

KKRT00

They are going for deeper customization than even Kingdom Come Deliverance, they even got a customization tech from Warhorse studio for that.

Top Bottom