• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

soontroll

Banned
I can only speak for myself but.... dat sharpening is too damn high!

Yeah I thought I'd try it out.. I only did a little bit but obviously even that was too much.

Castlevania

Nearly fell asleep during that demo.

12465368823_a746d01820_o.jpg

Thorgal

Last shot of dark souls for tonight .

screenshot_2014-02-11tjooi.jpg

I was going to finish with theTaurus demon but Then the game chrashed on me .

Oh well...

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Last shot of dark souls for tonight .

screenshot_2014-02-11tjooi.jpg

I was going to finish with theTaurus demon but Then the game chrashed on me .

Oh well...

Those crashes are suuuuuper heart breaking when they happen.

Yeah I thought I'd try it out.. I only did a little bit but obviously even that was too much.

Nearly fell asleep during that demo.

12465368823_a746d01820_o.jpg

I like that shot with the giant throwing the bomb.

BONKERS

Lolframerate on my 570.

SGSSAA Looks *SO* Much better than downsampling+in game AA in motion.
If only playable on my card with 8xSGSSAA. Wonder how a 780 Ti would hold up with 8xSGSSAA at 1080p.

ibmzewTgef7Gz9.png

AA bit for Nvidia cards 0x004012C1 , works with SGSSAA, OGSSAA and OGSSAA+SGSSAA

The game looks pretty amazing aside from some specular issues and some low res textures. Oh and the motion blur, I don't know if it's their sampling method or the filtering/blurring kernel but it can look kind of bad. (Eg creates aliasing/artifact around Gabriel's hair if you move the camera really fast. But for general stuff looks great in motion at a high framerate. Setting Motion blur to "Low" seems to disable it)

If you liked the first LoS as a Castlevania fan with an Open Mind. Seems LoS2 will be no different. But it certainly doesn't like it will fix my issues with the first game. But I can very much overlook them and enjoy the game full heartedly.

There is an ingame photo mode which is quite good. It takes horribly lossy JPGs in 720p BUT if you bind your screencap key to the same key as the in-game photo key, voila, you'll shoot the scene as it appears, without the HUD. No mods necessary and the camera can do pretty much anything you want

Nice trick, gonna try it out!

Edit: Dude it works :) See next page

Zeppeli

Banned
castlevanialosue2013-hkdty.png

thewolfamongus2014-023ud4r.png

Two beautiful games I've played recently. TWAU doesn't look jaggy free despite forcing 16x SLI SSAA, but hey - what can you do?

Hope you guys enjoy!

One3rd

This is a problem with only being able to play games very late at night when most people should be going to bed. I'm usually extremely tired and absent minded. I miss things :(

I hear you. The other night I botched up 5 Remember Me screenshots due to leaving the HUD on...decided it was time for bed at that point. Here's one from that session that made it through unscathed.

12488958644_c66ee4b2ee_o.jpg

Top Bottom