• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

ibutoxfXCinkYY.jpg

i3fl7z4iCP4G.jpg

Read the OP.

Flickr: Two terabytes of storage and great for screenshot library management.
Picpar: Brought to you by none other than X3sphere, a simple and efficient image host.
Abload: Easy to use, doesn't compress jpegs further, auto-converts bmps to png nicely.
Minus: A solid alternative to Abload despite the questionable changes to the layout.

2 screens per post as well :p

JohngPR

2014-01-30_00014gskkr.jpg

2014-02-03_00020f9jlb.jpg

Sorry these shots are compressed...LOS doesn't work if FRAPS is on so I had to use Steam's screenshot function for these Castlevania shots.

Obnoxious? No way man. That's just perfect.So good looking.

It looks better in motion. Not so good in screenshots.

This game is hard. I suck at precise jumping puzzles. Chasing little orbs of light around everywhere in the dark while doing so is even harder.

12514750385_bee316f7b6_o.jpg

12515220734_2c7b0861b0_o.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Darnit neoenigma, you have to give me like 2 days to play so I can post some screenshots before they're all posted! :p

I didn't end up playing any tonight since I spent all my time trying to find the right config file, trying to see if there was any way to turn off the grain, and trying to find any way to force anti-aliasing with the nVidia control panel.

I didn't really succeed at any of those things, sadly!

Sorry these shots are compressed...LOS doesn't work if FRAPS is on so I had to use Steam's screenshot function for these Castlevania shots.

SweetFX has a screenshot-function and as far as i know it is also recommended because the applied shader-fx aren't captured by Steam screenshot and FRAPS. (That's what i've read, never checked it myself)

I didn't end up playing any tonight since I spent all my time trying to find the right config file, trying to see if there was any way to turn off the grain, and trying to find any way to force anti-aliasing with the nVidia control panel.

I just jumped straight into downsampling. Kinda tricky though since the game doesn't want to let you select all of your resolutions.

The grain can likely be removed with texmod (like Remember Me) but I'm a n00b with that.

Did you try the basic UE3 flag that usually works for most games? Should be able to force SGSSAA no problem.

BONKERS

Darnit neoenigma, you have to give me like 2 days to play so I can post some screenshots before they're all posted! :p

I didn't really succeed at any of those things, sadly!

It's a UE3 game, so you will need Nvidia inspector to force better AA.

SGSSAA will probably work with 0x080012C1

Blizzard

Banned
I just jumped straight into downsampling. Kinda tricky though since the game doesn't want to let you select all of your resolutions.

The grain can likely be removed with texmod (like Remember Me) but I'm a n00b with that.

Did you try the basic UE3 flag that usually works for most games? Should be able to force SGSSAA no problem.
I'd love to force SGSSAA (I have a GTX 770), but I don't even know where to enter the flag. =P Do I need a third-party tool other than the nVidia control panel?

Also, neoenigma, a bunch of your pictures got murdered by flickr.

JonasBeckman on Guru3d removed the grain with texmod so if anyone wants it grab it here ,big thanks for this

It looks cleaner but the extra banding kills me
That's what I was afraid of, the grain was to combat banding. When I would work with stuff in the UDK it seemed like banding was an awful problem and I never found a way to fix it for solid colors. Everyone just said "well use a texture" or use grain or something. :p

And everyone is posting the game, darnit! I have GOT to start tonight before the entire thing gets posted.

It's a UE3 game, so you will need Nvidia inspector to force better AA.

SGSSAA will probably work with 0x080012C1
Whoops, missed your post. Thank you! I will search for nVidia Inspector.

It turns out trying to force 4xMSAA, 4xSGSSAA kills my framerate with a GTX 770 and 4.5 GHz 3570k. :( Any ideas? I'd really like 60 fps if possible.

Top Bottom