• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Thorgal

shogun22014-02-1614-57kk24.jpg

shogun22014-02-1614-5gnkyg.jpg

BONKERS

Hey now. That texture quality is insane!

In any case, I agree. I'm pretty glad Thief is at least making those textures a priority.

Hah yeah.

Texturing in Thief looks pretty damn great .

I mean, it's something that is seen 100% of the time. And I don't see why it wouldn't have higher priority for proper UV stretching, high quality mesh/textures.

Game looks pretty nice though. Especially the guns

really wished ME2 could use modded textures the same way ME1&3 use. Would start screenshoting the game in a heartbeat.

Can't it? http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1052033-Mass-Effect-2-High-Resolution-Texture-Mod

Do you have the AA fix enabled in Inspector by chance?

On certain surfaces it seems there are some pixel thin grey/black outlines, I discovered with the game Loadout that if the AA fix wasn't enabled these existed.

I don't know if the same might be true with Lords of Shadow

http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10098423&postcount=5441

One3rd

8k sweetness
Wow, the IQ at 8k is very good. Is this with any AA applied as well? I found the in-game AA had a square root effect on my frame rate.

One thing I noticed last night while trying to take some action shots (so hard) was that some lighting effects (muzzle flash, ect..) were impacted more the higher the rendering. It looked like the range you could see these lighting effects grows smaller as the reseolution gets bigger. At least I think that's what was going on...I may need to start digging into the ini files.

Wow, the IQ at 8k is very good. Is this with any AA applied as well? I found the in-game AA had a square root effect on my frame rate.

One thing I noticed last night while trying to take some action shots (so hard) was that some lighting effects (muzzle flash, ect..) were impacted more the higher the rendering. It looked like the range you could see these lighting effects grows smaller as the reseolution gets bigger. At least I think that's what was going on...I may need to start digging into the ini files.

I'm not using any in-game AA. Just downsampling + SMAA.

Action shots are impossible for me. Frame rate is too low when I'm using this resolution.

12583109985_218918d2ee_o.jpg

12583368653_4b5602128f_o.jpg

Pffft. I don't do compromise :p

If I were to take the time to figure out how to hack in timestop, I'd do combat\action shots. But with finishing Dark Souls and Playing Titalfall, I have actual fun things to do :)

dr_rus

Do you have the AA fix enabled in Inspector by chance?

On certain surfaces it seems there are some pixel thin grey/black outlines, I discovered with the game Loadout that if the AA fix wasn't enabled these existed.
Yes, it was enabled and no, there is no grey outlines. The SSAO in the game is kinda bad and produces a lot of artifacts. Turning it off makes the graphics much worse though.

Yikes... goes to show, screenshots can't always do the game justice eh?

The game looks JUST passable in motion. When you stop to look at anything with scrutiny, you're going to have a bad time :p

Some of the stuff in the training mode looked... alright.

12554597923_f48d2ed19d_o.jpg

And here's another from Bulletstorm.

12583255065_30a8fc11b4_o.jpg

Looking forward to going though more Bullestorm, but methinks I'll finish Dark Souls first.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
If we can add a "Walking simulator" tag to Gone Home et al, can we add a "National Park Simulator" tag to Skyrim? :)

(That's a compliment, btw. I don't care for Skyrim but wow, dat scenery...)

Antonymity

Neo Member
I just discovered this thread (I'm new here, hi) and followed the downsampling instructions. I had no idea I could do that! I started the process on my laptop but decided to get out of bed and do it on my desktop. I love trying geeky new things with my computers! I took a few screenshots of Titanfall. I hope they look ok!

bm9.jpg

cm9.jpg

Top Bottom