• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

BONKERS

It's really frustrating because you can't avoid low poly models or poor textures like when you have a freecam so the vast majority of shots get thrown out :(

I've been enjoying replaying the PC version at 4k, however many times the resolution of the original release that is.

Original game ran at 1280x720 on PS3/360. Even on the PS3 at 720p with no AA and a wonky framerate, the game looked pretty amazing. (Even if all those Shitty FMVs)

It works in fullscreen mode for me,can't help you there i fear. Sometimes this thing bugs out, i had to replace every component of it after the latest Nvidia driver update... maybe that's where the problem comes from?

12619776764_816e5f3e0f_o.jpg

12619462633_36e5bb370b_o.jpg
dunno. could you PM me the main.cfg file?

I thought the same thing. It didn't look near as "clean" as it should for such an insane resolution.

I cant enable SMAA with SRWE in this game and I prefer not to use shitty game AA.
Anyway I dont see aliasing in these shots, consider that i've resized a large picture without bicubic sharper and so there is a little grain effect. Maybe the best way is resize in 4k res.

These are better:

9997042416_9568cd19a0_o.png

10317277065_fed2c89fd7_o.png

dunno. could you PM me the main.cfg file?

I'm not home very soon, posting from work.
But there are 2 downloads on the Space Engine Homepage. I downloaded the ZIP archive and extracted every folder onto my HDD. You will find the main config in the config folder. I didn't mess around with that, only changed "Jpeg" to "PNG". The executable installer didn't work for me, i don't know why.

BONKERS

I cant enable SMAA with SRWE in this game and I prefer not to use shitty game AA.
Anyway I dont see aliasing in these shots, consider that i've resized a large picture without bicubic sharper and so there is a little grain effect. Maybe the best way is resize in 4k res.

These are better:

9997042416_9568cd19a0_o.png

10317277065_fed2c89fd7_o.png

At such insane resolutions, the in game AA will work just fine and not blur the image at all. And at such resolutions there is little to no difference between FXAA and SMAA 1x. Especially once downsampled.

FXAA helps round out the edges.

Here's strider from 3200x1800 without FXAA
(2x2) http://i7.minus.com/iUkwh7aI09hJE.png

and then with FXAA, notice how edges are much more rounded and smoother. And 0 blur. http://i5.minus.com/iO2f0vCWvUjmY.png

Wanny

Disabling the post-process turns off way too many different effects that make the game look good.

I finally found a way to disable the bloom and black crush without having to turn off postprocessing huzzah!!

This. It's there because without it, ME2 and ME3 are kinda sterile looking. I think they can still look pretty darn good, but they definitely need the post processing.

My tastes are greatly changing with time. :p I just can't stand anymore that little stupid short radius bloom that affects both hightlights and shadows. Looks like Unreal Engine poop.

One3rd

I finally found a way to disable the bloom and black crush without having to turn off postprocessing huzzah!!

My tastes are greatly changing with time. :p I just can't stand anymore that little stupid short radius bloom that affects both hightlights and shadows. Looks like Unreal Engine poop.
How did you manage to disable it? Can the same method be used in other UE3 games?

12658074274_e2bab682d8_o.jpg

12658080964_9474d8d47a_o.jpg

For ME2 http://portingteam.com/files/file/7161-mass-effect-2/page__st__240

Post from some guy named Dyadic. Works perfectly. Gotta mess with the shaders.

There's also a stupid vignetting I can't get rid of.

Have you bound any keys in the coalesced.bin file? (requires a special editor)

This command disables the vignette in 100% of the UE3 games I've tried it in that allow bindings:

Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="SET MATERIALEFFECT bShowInGame FALSE")

DUUUUUDE that works.
Heel kick!

Wanny

Have you bound any keys in the coalesced.bin file? (requires a special editor)

This command disables the vignette in 100% of the UE3 games I've tried it in that allow bindings:

Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="SET MATERIALEFFECT bShowInGame FALSE")

DUUUUUDE that works.

Happy man.

Top Bottom