• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

ReeceIsAlive

Neo Member
12614102575_20ae780fa4_o.png

Thorgal

You can disable the in game SSAO and use HBAO+ instead with 0x00000002 (Someone else tested this but I haven't been able to verify it myself yet)

Also: The outline I was referring to was this

http://i4.minus.com/iboMe7CwTAoAb.png

Done with this game already, unlikely to go back since I thought it was awful.

That's a shadowmap bleeding in effect. Not much you can do about it.

I will do it !
I am already going through it So here are the results .

castlevanialosue2014-s4ssd.jpg

castlevanialosue2014-8hsax.jpg

Goddamnit, i realised too late that taking screenshots in that game(app creates horrible lossy Jpegs. I will try to find out how to change that and still have an hudless picture!

12616716994_58aebd8e94_o.jpg

12616410963_3504bf3383_o.jpg

Somehow this game/sim creates a feeling for scale like i've never experienced bevore. Scale and speed. You can zoom out of the galaxy and fly to the other side and land without transition on the surface of a planet. It's procedural and so on but still like nothing i have experienced so far. You can actually hurt the experience by jumping from planet to planet withouth taking your time. Though i'm not as freak enough to actually fly around in spaceship mode... but it's tempting, there are Star Wars and Mass Effect mods, have not tried those out.

12618228165_77b857ec48_o.jpg

12618346013_9ebb08ceb9_o.jpg

Both fantastic looking games, King Arthur is a complete mess in almost every conceivable way bar it's visuals, especially the environments. Metro Last Light however is an all round great game, it's just a shame it lost some of its unique charm from the first game.

iO1Nc9KzuwsNs.png

ixgRCsc1TW3rK.png

Somehow this game/sim creates a feeling for scale like i've never experienced bevore. Scale and speed. You can zoom out of the galaxy and fly to the other side and land without transition on the surface of a planet. It's procedural and so on but still like nothing i have experienced so far. You can actually hurt the experience by jumping from planet to planet withouth taking your time. Though i'm not as freak enough to actually fly around in spaceship mode... but it's tempting, there are Star Wars and Mass Effect mods, have not tried those out.

12618228165_77b857ec48_o.jpg

12618346013_9ebb08ceb9_o.jpg
tried downsampling here, but the screen didn't resize to my monitor, as in i was only able to see part of it. Any tips?

Lime

Wanny, your DoF or your tiledshot aren't enabled/set up properly, resulting in weird colors and lack of effects in Mass Effect 2. At least that is what I'd surmise from the background of your last picture.

Wanny

Wanny, your DoF or your tiledshot aren't enabled/set up properly, resulting in weird colors and lack of effects in Mass Effect 2. At least that is what I'd surmise from the background of your last picture.

Well yeah I disabled DOF because I don't want the bloom. Got a way to disable bloom without DOF?

It was easier with ME1 because it wasn't messing with anything. They are not real DOF btw, it's some crappy post processing blurring.

BONKERS

To downsample with this game, gotta set desired resolution as your desktop resolution and then reset the game and reset the resolution for it to work.

Game looks *FANTASTIC* like this. I can even hold 60FPS with my measly GTX 570 at 3200x1800
iALUTlyCZa9XS.png
(Which begs me to wonder why they didn't use some SSAA+FXAA for the PS4 version. I'd imagine they'd get much better performance to the metal than my 570. Maybe they just dont' think of that kind of stuff? Also the game is x64 on PC too, how interesting!)

..crappy skybox as always. - -

Yeah, I STILL don't get why we are getting such shitty compressed Skyboxes in the age of "next gen"

/ugh..

Cat got your tongue ? :p

castlevanialosue2014-ffsly.jpg

castlevanialosue2014-18s4j.jpg

Looks great thanks!
Castlevania LOS 4K / 2.40 AR / No AO

12626938344_e5575b6e7f_o.png

fantastic.

how do you get the game to run at that resolution? o.o

Though it doesn't quite look like it's correct. Shouldn't be an aliasing left by the time you reach that resolution :p

how do you get the game to run at that resolution? o.o

Though it doesn't quite look like it's correct. Shouldn't be an aliasing left by the time you reach that resolution :p

I thought the same thing. It didn't look near as "clean" as it should for such an insane resolution.

Castlevania LOS

12648776215_d3eaf2e89f_o.png

12648783845_67fd5af3fa_o.png

I think that's the first time I was impressed by that game O_O

Wish it didn't have that stupid fixed camera most of the time :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think that's the first time I was impressed by that game O_O

Wish it didn't have that stupid fixed camera most of the time :(
It's really frustrating because you can't avoid low poly models or poor textures like when you have a freecam so the vast majority of shots get thrown out :(

I've been enjoying replaying the PC version at 4k, however many times the resolution of the original release that is.

tried downsampling here, but the screen didn't resize to my monitor, as in i was only able to see part of it. Any tips?

It works in fullscreen mode for me,can't help you there i fear. Sometimes this thing bugs out, i had to replace every component of it after the latest Nvidia driver update... maybe that's where the problem comes from?

12619776764_816e5f3e0f_o.jpg

12619462633_36e5bb370b_o.jpg

Top Bottom