• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Draft |OT| Destroying careers before they start (if you're the first pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea but Elton Brand was huge! That's what im saying about Vonleh, he's like brand without the power to push guys down low.

His strength was an advantage for sure but where Brand really excelled was having great footwork and touch around the basket along with great length which he utilized well as he was a good shot blocker.

I haven't seen enough of Vonleh too see what kind of player he is but if a skinnier Elton Brand is his ceiling than he should have been a discussion for #1.

His size and athleticism question marks don't make it a certainty that he's going to be able to translate that over to the next level. He's not going to be guarded by small college kids anymore. That worries me. If it doesn't, what is his role? What does he do? No versatility.

Well, obviously has some glaring flaws. He is a 7th pick. His wingspan is the biggest concern and looking at smaller wings, like Love and Blake, it's clear that he has to adapt. How it will adapt is a big question mark. However, he has a big frame, he has shed down, he's looking more athletic, and his shot could improve.

It's not a perfect pick, nor do I think a 7th pick should be.

Natiko

Banned
I like how every single player taken is going to do "very well" in the NBA. What's the point of even saying that when it's known that a large portion of these players will never pan out?!

His strength was an advantage for sure but where Brand really excelled was having great footwork and touch around the basket along with great length which he utilized well as he was a good shot blocker.

I haven't seen enough of Vonleh too see what kind of player he is but if a skinnier Elton Brand is his ceiling than he should have been a discussion for #1.

I hate having to pull things like college stats and w/l, but for a big man's averages to be as low as his were and for his team to be as mediocre as it was last season makes me question how passive a guy is.

Well, obviously has some glaring flaws. He is a 7th pick. His wingspan is the biggest concern and looking at smaller wings, like Love and Blake, it's clear that he has to adapt. How it will adapt is a big question mark. However, he has a big frame, he has shed down, he's looking more athletic, and his shot could improve.

It's not a perfect pick, nor do I think a 7th pick should be.

Blake could jump out the gym and Love even as a prospect was a great shooter and an elite passer which allowed him to stretch the floor and allowed both guys to overcome any size issues. I can't see thesame with Julius. Hope I'm dead wrong.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I HATE when they compare people to other players that are the same color... So dumb

It happens in football all the time. That Danny amendola is such a Wes Welker type player... No he isn't lol

Edit

Yessssss jazz player with an advertisement

Cloudy

Banned
Nothing. He will be the most productive rookie next year behind Jabari (because the Bucks are so bad). Count on it..

The guy just looks overmatched athletically at PF in the West. He's got some moves around the hoop but he seems VERY limited on the perimeter

Nelo Ice

Banned
Blake could jump out the gym and Love even as a prospect was a great shooter and an elite passer which allowed him to stretch the floor and allowed both guys to overcome any size issues. I can't see thesame with Julius. Hope I'm dead wrong.

Yes clearly mitch knows what he's doing and hopefully were all wrong. Otherwise
pWj25bW.gif

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I HATE when they compare people to other players that are the same color... So dumb

It happens in football all the time. That Danny amendola is such a Wes Welker type player... No he isn't lol

Edit

Yessssss jazz player with an advertisement

This! If anything I think he's very similar to Paul Pierce + Joe Johnson from what i've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom