• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Draft |OT| Destroying careers before they start (if you're the first pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BrGMcixCMAAPoAe.jpg

If your goal is a stretch 4, sure. But, the Lakers were sorely missing an inside presence.

His size and athleticism question marks don't make it a certainty that he's going to be able to translate that over to the next level. He's not going to be guarded by small college kids anymore. That worries me. If it doesn't, what is his role? What does he do? No versatility.

Wait, what's the problem with Randle? I thought it was a great pick.

Can't use right hand.
Broken jumpshot; shot under 20% outside the paint.
Won't be able to use his strength/height to bully (undersized) power forwards like he did in college.
Defensive stats generally are a sign of bust status. Randle's sitting at an abysmal 0.4 SPG which doesn't bode well...

Can't use right hand.
Won't be able to use his strength/height to bully (undersized) power forwards like he did in college.
Defensive stats generally are a sign of bust status. Randle's sitting at an abysmal 0.4 SPG which doesn't bode well...

and he plays the same damn position as the only Free Agent we might have a shot at next year (KLove).

kobe.gif

I like Payton. I would have taken him over Randle. Can't shoot for shit but he might end up being a more athletic Andre Miller. Smart, heady player.

Nothing. He will be the most productive rookie next year behind Jabari (because the Bucks are so bad). Count on it.

MCW was the most productive rookie last year. And the Sixers are already trying to trade him. That doesn't translate to much on bad teams.

Cloudy

Banned
Can't use right hand.

I didn't think I could feel any worse about this pick. Thanks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom