• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Draft |OT| Destroying careers before they start (if you're the first pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna be really pissed if this is not a trade... and I will defer to blaming that piece of human filth Jim Buss.

FUCK JIM BUSS

Man, Lakers can't catch a break lately.

There's nothing to trade these picks for. Even though it's a stacked draft nobody is handing over great young players for a number 7 pick. I honestly wish they would have drafted Lavine but that would have been a crazy reach.

Brinbe

Teams as bad as Sacramento don't need to worry about "fit". If Sac wanted a SG they should have taken Lavine. As long as you take a guy with a good head on his shoulders I think you can bet that most guys once they become pros and have nothing to do all day but play basketball will become better shooters, but the guys who are already "good shooters" aren't going to magically become more explosive, athletic or better defensively.

Not like Stauskus isn't athletic, man. He's not LaVine but he does have a 40 inch vert

jakncoke

Banned
No. Only in this thread. It's a GAF tradition and everyone loves it. PEACE.

Eddie-Murphy-A-Ok-Reaction.gif

Wiggins is going to be a Raptor in 7 years!

#WEINTHISBITCH
#RAPSin4

Really hope we draft Ennis...I think Randle is a good pick for the Lakers though.

Pimpwerx

I need to unfollow Broussard. This guy is just bullshitting.

Source who spoke with KLove says he would definitely "100 pct" stay in Cleveland longterm if LeBron is there

No shit, Sherlock. I mean, how is he collecting a pay check? PEACE.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
There's nothing to trade these picks for. Even though it's a stacked draft nobody is handing over great young players for a number 7 pick. I honestly wish they would have drafted Lavine but that would have been a crazy reach.
So we're just fucked then, huh? We're just fucking fucked...

AchingFantasticAndeancondor.gif

It's actually exactly that. Every team gets ping pong balls thrown in a "hat", the worst teams get more ping pong balls (higher chance to win top pick), then they hold a drawing and the draft order is determined.

Edit: I explained that wrong. Not every team is involved in the lottery, just the worst teams overall.

All the teams who didn't make the playoffs this season were entered in the lottery. The worse the record, the better the odds they got. The top 3 picks were awarded by drawings. Then after that teams go in order of worst record to best record, with the playoff teams coming after the lottery teams.

Teams are also allowed to trade picks around.

Thank you kindly.

Seems like a bizarre but actually kinda fair system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom