• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Draft |OT| Destroying careers before they start (if you're the first pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoopKid

BrGR1OwCcAAn7xw.jpg

LMAO

Yoooooooo

Bowser

Yo the Magic could have Payton/Oladipo/Gordon/Vucevic in their starting five. Who the fuck is going to shoot the ball for them? lmao

Isotope

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 45s

Along with Dario Saric, Orlando will send a 2015 second-round pick to the Sixers, league source said.

So no 2017 1st then?

Bowser

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 13s
The Bulls also send a future second-round pick to Denver in the McDermott trade, source says.

lol omg

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
FUUUUUUUUUCK YOU BULLS FO.

Harris would have fallen to 16 and you coulda still picked Ennis/Napier at 19.

Are you fucking kidding me!!!! The 2nd round pick too?!?! Cheap bastards...

Actually

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 9m
This McDermott deal is actually less a money saver (only about $350K) than an addition that puts Dunleavy in play for sign-and-trade talks.

Isn't that the whole point? Good players go to bad teams?

The point isn't for the same teams to be bad over and over and over again. I'd be a little depressed to if I was drafted to a team that is constantly in the lottery or openly tanking like Philly. These guys are the absolute best at what they do it's not like they have to be grateful just to be drafted.

Cloudy

Banned
That kind of thing is so dumb, never seen so many players pissed at getting drafted lol

A bad organization or environment can ruin a player's career. Remember these guys are on a rookie wage scale now so if you get stuck in a bad situation, you could be fucked when it's time to make the real money

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
At this point I fully expect the Bulls GM to rip off his shirt and reveal a Nuggets jersey underneath.

Pimpwerx

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 13s
The Bulls also send a future second-round pick to Denver in the McDermott trade, source says.

lol omg
LOL! Now I don't know what the hell they're thinking. What on earth? If the cap holds were an issue, they should've unloaded those picks last year, when they dumped Deng. What are they doing giving 3 picks for that guy? PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom