• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Draft |OT| Destroying careers before they start (if you're the first pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
9jBmg.png

Furyous

The NBA did a great job. It sucks for him that he can't play basketball anymore. However, he received a $1 million insurance payout so that's one consolation prize. It sucks that we won't see him in the league but great that he's getting this taken care of.

MarkDeeksNBA: #16 and #19 for #11 does NOT save money for Chicago. Difference between cap holds + extra needed roster charge = almost identical money.

KCJHoop: This McDermott deal is actually less a money saver (only about $350K) than an addition that puts Dunleavy in play for sign-and-trade talks.

hahahahhahahahahahahah this is one of the worst trades ive ever seen. What the flying fuck Bulls

MarkDeeksNBA: #16 and #19 for #11 does NOT save money for Chicago. Difference between cap holds + extra needed roster charge = almost identical money.

KCJHoop: This McDermott deal is actually less a money saver (only about $350K) than an addition that puts Dunleavy in play for sign-and-trade talks.

hahahahhahahahahahahah this is one of the worst trades ive ever seen. What the flying fuck Bulls

If you looked hard enough you could have found a guy at 16 or 19 who can replicate what McDermott would do at the pro level and maybe more. Dougie's gonna be nothing more than a catch and shooter in the NBA who won't defend well enough to get starter's minutes.

gyi3P3f.gif

Why don't you do your due diligence? SB even updated themselves.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2014/6/26/5839554/nba-draft-2014-results-la-lakers-julius-randle

forward measured a seven-foot wingspan at the NBA Draft combine, alleviating some concerns about his length limiting him.

They also went on to say:

Randle dropping to the Lakers at No. 7 made for an easy choice for the team. He should contribute immediately to the team and could help redefine its frontcourt with Pau Gasol and Jordan Hill both becoming free agents this summer

I'm not even sure what you're tying to get at. I'm not saying this guy is a perennial all-star, but he was clearly an easy choice at #7.

Who is going to help them get rid of Dunleavy, though?

Those picks would've helped them move him...but they already burned them for McDermott...

Why don't you do your due diligence? SB even updated themselves.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2014/6/26/5839554/nba-draft-2014-results-la-lakers-julius-randle

They also went on to say:

I'm not even sure what you're tying to get at. I'm not saying this guy is a perennial all-star, but he was clearly an easy choice at #7.

FYI, that's the fan site portion of SB, and even at 7', Randle would have one of the shortest wingspans for his position.

I'm not a believer. Bust potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom