• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Draft |OT| Destroying careers before they start (if you're the first pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker's floor is insanely high and it's not like it's a trade of for ceiling considering he compares favorably to Paul Pierce. He didn't want to go to Cleveland though and instead stay kind of home. Smart man.

Why? Not every number 1 pick is a Hall of Famer, and I don't think there are any in this draft. If Wiggins pans out he's a legit number 2 or 3 on a great team (which means not in Cleveland lol) but even if he doesn't and his offense doesn't get good enough, he's still valuable as a wing defender. Of all the guys they had to choose from, I think Wiggins probably has the least risk.

True enough, I just had some of George's awful offensive performances this season flash before my eyes, but he's still a great player.

But George has a decent jumper and his shaky handles look smooth compared to Wiggins'. I guess Wiggins will be okay with Kyrie beside him though...

George's game coming out wasn't what it is now. He had the same sort of flaws when he was a rookie. Same with Kahwi Leonard. I'll take an elite defender who needs to work on fundamental things to become a high impact player every time.

Jabari has got a great offensive game but being as terrible on D as he was in college is a bad sign. He won't be able to guard a chair in the NBA. If his offense doesn't translate over at an elite level he becomes a liability.

Trade talk

Sacramento and Boston discussing a trade sending Ben McLemore to Celtics for the 6th pick, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom