• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Also our 1 FT was on a defensive 3 sec. We weren't fouled on a single shot in the game.

NBA.com ‏@NBAcom
With tonight's 79-76 win over the Hawks, the Memphis Grizzlies become the first team to win a game with only one free throw attempt. #NBA

Matt Winer ‏@matt_winer
The Grizzlies won an NBA game tonight despite taking (and making) just one free throw (off a technical)- new NBA record for fewest taken.

Now that's really messed up. How can a team that lives in the post not get a single shooting FT for the whole game!

And really, if he's 7' in HS, he should be dominating.

Also, PJ Tucker 4pt play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is just a sophomore though which makes it pretty impressive. The stylistic comparisons to KG are cool as well. There's a definitely a chance he just ends up like Perry Jones or Isaiah Austin, but guys like him are always interesting and he does seem really talented as well.

Heat finally waking up.

Parker had a great game today, you know you want him.

Embiid had a double double in like six minutes after I posted my disappointment with his recent play though.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yea, terrible foul call. Jermaine did nothing wrong.
Don't even know if someone touched Green for that 3 point play...

and the karma foul miss.

edit: Pretty weak foul call on Tucker, though that was contact.

Looks like this ref team is the epitome of what I don't like about the modern NBA.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
TAKE.

BAREA.

OUT.

FFS Adelman. In the 4th quarter, we're -9. Barea's been in the whole time. STAHP

giri

Don't even know if someone touched Green for that 3 point play...

and the karma foul miss.

edit: Pretty weak foul call on Tucker, though that was contact.

I don't think you can call one, and not the other. They either both were or both weren't.

I'd have said both weren't.

GaimeGuy

Barea killed all our momentum, and the wolves never recovered.

God damn it Adelman.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Barea killed all our momentum, and the wolves never recovered.

God damn it Adelman.
Shabazz taking a shot every time he touched the ball was the bigger culprit. That dude is a blackhole.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lin has been great off the bench this season

asik gets in the game and just gets in everybodys way

He looks bleh, but that's what you get for sitting on your couch for months. Pathetic.

His attempt at a rebound just now was sad.

Lin is keeping the Rockets from blowing this game right now while Mcfail has this odd ass lineup out there.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
Brandon Jennings is the 1st Pistons player with 35 points and 12 assists since Isiah Thomas in 1988.

Brandon doing Jennings thangs.

Houston Rockets Fans ‏@Rockets_Fans_
33 wins, 33 double doubles for Dwight. See the trend?

Still Lin's team tho...

GaimeGuy

Shabazz taking a shot every time he touched the ball was the bigger culprit. That dude is a blackhole.

In the first 4 minutes of the quarter, barea took 5 shots and missed 4. He also made a bad pass to shabazz that resulted in a turnover (TO was given to shabazz, though it was barea's fault). He shot 1-7 in the game.

Shabazz took 5 shots over the first 6 minuutes. On two ofthem, he was fouled. On another two of them, the clock was winding down, and they were bad shots, but because of the clock he had to take them (thanks barea). He shot 50% tonight.

It is barea's responsibility to run the offense. He can't run an offense, though. He tries to take over the game, and it results in complete momentum shifts every fucking time, because he's not the type of player that can take over a game. He can't create his own shot, he can't get to the line, and he always runs directly into the middle of the paint, surounded by opposing players, and either attempts a difficult shot or attempts a difficult pass.

A lot of times he will pass to the 2 or 3 in the corner while they are being guarded, trapping them, and leading to a turnover and an uncontested fast break (because barea is still in the paint and can't get back on defense).

He's just a bad player. Kills our momentum, stagnates our offense, weakens our perimeter defense... I fucking hate him.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
McFail teach this team TO NOT FOUL ON 3 PT SHOTS!

they just don't learn

Matrix

what in the fuck was that

I want a new coach!

Matrix

howard made 1/2 from ft line with < 10 secs left

shooting 73% over the last 3 games from ft line

not bad

Clutch da Dwight.

Matrix

haha Watt is there. Nice.

linsivvi

If the Heat weren't playing the Jazz I would have guessed the entire team went clubbing last night.

Unless there were still in LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom