• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Don't think so. Unless they amnesty boozer. They've got Noah, Boozer and a max rose on the books. That's like 43M or so right there. And taj is getting his too. that's an even 50M or so.

Sham sports is down so i don't know who is coming off the books exactly, but none of those guys i believe.

And reinsdorf (bulls owner i believe?) isn't known for being.. a big spender in terms of salary at all. So it's really unlikely that he'll amnesty boozer to max someone else.

If the bulls wanted to make a run at melo, it's probably the best way to do it.

trade Boozer for an expiring contract and some picks.

edit-
Melo wants the Bird rights max. I think the bulls can only give it to him if acquired in a trade.

The Knicks need some draft picks and prospects. If they can get Butler, Snell and either Mrotic or the bobcats pick, it could take them out of limbo.

For the bulls a core of Rose, melo, Noah and Taj could be fantastic.

Basically a supped up Thunder.

Zep

Banned
Boozer is signed through next season...Add in Gibson at 9mil and yea, there's no way of doing it through FA.

Smokey

This is one of the dumbest articles ever.

Not really. He is a ball stopper. Parsons pretty much said this in post game comments. Nobody is saying he isn't good, but he needs to chill with all of the iso terribad shots.

Missed the game. All starters were in double figures by half? Not bad

Good to see future Rocket Kevin Love put up a decent performance.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I love Rose. I saw him take steamy dumps all over Chris and TP and was the best PG alive. But that guy may be gone forever.

Now Russell has the same question marks to a certain extent. But at least what I saw from him earlier in the season is encouraging.

Well we'll see if the knees hold up going forward, but a meniscus tear of his kind is no career ender, it really shouldn't affect his game. I don't know about YNB at this point given the multiple surgeries on it, I have to imagine they removed at least a chunk.

edit- IMO Rose was never a true PG. CP3 with a 100% knee was significantly better than Drose.

The 76ers are going to have the worst point differential for an 16+ win team ever assuming that they can win again this season.

The soon-to-be number one pick just put up 6/6 tonight in a loss to an unranked team.

IWMTB am cry.

He was sitting out a bit of the game due to tweaking his back a bit. He hasn't been that good for a few games now though. No one really has which is...Really not good (this is the time when Davis and Noel really started to explode and other guys have established themselves as well).

Melo wants the Bird rights max. I think the bulls can only give it to him if acquired in a trade.

The Knicks need some draft picks and prospects. If they can get Butler, Snell and either Mrotic or the bobcats pick, it could take them out of limbo.

For the bulls a core of Rose, melo, Noah and Taj could be fantastic.

TT coaching Melo will be awesome, one way or another.

Zep

Banned
Well we'll see if the knees hold up going forward, but a meniscus tear of his kind is no career ender, it really shouldn't affect his game. I don't know about YNB at this point given the multiple surgeries on it, I have to imagine they removed at least a chunk.

edit- IMO Rose was never a true PG. CP3 with a 100% knee was significantly better than Drose.

CP3 bone on bone is significantly better than Rose.

TT coaching Melo will be awesome, one way or another.

As much as we make fun of the Knicks, I think Melo will adapt to Thibs defensive philosophies.

The 76ers are going to have the worst point differential for an 16+ win team ever assuming that they can win again this season.

He was sitting out a bit of the game due to tweaking his back a bit. He hasn't been that good for a few games now though. No one really has which is...Really not good (this is the time when Davis and Noel really started to explode and other guys have established themselves as well).

Jabari did have 29-15 and 3 blocks the other night.

Teriyaki

its Boozer & Buttler for Melo & Shumpert.

I guess it depends how good you think Buttler is?

If i'm the bulls, i do it. They really don't lose anything. Again, that is unless you think Buttler really will become good.

And ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That Bargs, Boozer, Amare rotation at PF would be the worst D money can buy.

Bulls would be idiots to not do this as long as Mirotic isn't in the deal.

Mik317

I seriously wonder if some of these guys play like shit, and don't get worried about ever getting another contract.

Like, surely you'd be worried about it?

Hawes is 7ft tall.

Turner still can trick someone with his 2nd overall and POTY stuff.

Are the sixers the worst team of all time?

Before tonight, they rated as the 16th worst team ever going by SRS:

http://bkref.com/tiny/KqDcg

This loss will put them close to the top 10 of the worst and they could easily move to 3rd worst by the end of the season, but the 2012 Bobcats and 1993 Mavs aren't catchable at this point.

SRS isn't adjusted for pace though and the 76ers play at a super fast pace like 80s teams which makes them rate worse than other, modern terrible teams. That the 2012 Bobcats managed a -14 margin of victory while playing at a slow pace against a schedule with few Western Conference teams is just legendary.

AcridMeat

Banned
Missed the game, just saw the score.

Speights with 32/8. My god Philly...

Oh and 27 minutes 7 turnovers for ALL STAR STARTER STEPH CURRY

Not even mad, Sixers getting destroyed like this isnt any worse than having to watch them fight to get to .500 with no hope of ever competing for a title. At least this means a top lotto pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom