• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Boston probably gets that pick next year if the Sixers have a good offseason. They have a wealth of cash to spend and will be adding Nerlens and a top 5 pick next year.

Really dumb move for the Heat doe

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @ESPNForsberg: And it keeps coming: Rajon Rondo has been assigned to the Maine Red Claws of the D-League.

Even Rondo isn't ashamed of the D-League. C'mon Cavs, get with it.

RT @ESPNForsberg: And it keeps coming: Rajon Rondo has been assigned to the Maine Red Claws of the D-League.

Even Rondo isn't ashamed of the D-League. C'mon Cavs, get with it.

Weren't you one of the people in here saying 'You can't send your #1 overall pick to the D-League!!!1!" when I said Anthony Bennett should be sent down a month ago?

reilo

Oakland's population is only 400,000, and it takes 10 minutes to drive across, so most of its floor generals were reared on the same blacktop. They gathered at Mosswood Park and Rainbow Recreation Center and a carpet warehouse by the Coliseum with baskets hanging from forklifts. Shaw played CYO games against Gary Payton. Payton played pickup games against Jason Kidd. All three shared a backcourt on a summer pro-am team. "You're intimidated because you walk in the gym and you can hear someone talking or growling," Kidd says. "That would be Gary. So you're wondering, what are you really getting yourself into?"

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nb...n-lillard-oakland-point-guards/#ixzz2qUP2TLPx

Nice story about Oakland point-guards and their path to the NBA.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I'm confused, box scores say JR Smith didn't play yesterday?

I could've sworn I saw him play once for a few seconds at the end of the 1st quarter I think? Am I crazy?

All of the news articles say he didn't play though...sooo, I guess I am crazy.

reilo

Weren't you one of the people in here saying 'You can't send your #1 overall pick to the D-League!!!1!" when I said Anthony Bennett should be sent down a month ago?

Huh? No? I probably made fun of the fact that they had to send him down, but I don't recall saying they shouldn't.

Doomsayer

Huh? No? I probably made fun of the fact that they had to send him down, but I don't recall saying they shouldn't.

Maybe you said they shouldn't have to, but lolbennet.

I still don't understand how he didn't get minutes against the dumpster fire that is the Lakers.

Doomsayer

Probably because his PER is 1.1

The only way he is going to develop is by letting him play... please don't cite PER as a means of evaluation.

I just remembered though - Mike Brown is the coach. He can't develop a ham sandwich so I'd say developing a tweener is out of the question.

Bennett is also a -.132 in WS/48 (replacement level is .50, superstar is .200, 0 is a guy who shouldn't in the league, so). Any overall stat (regardless of the weights given to particular statistics) for Bennett will rate him as the worst player in the league and one of the worst ever because his stats are so bad across the board for everything.

He might need to play to get better, but the Cavs are trying to win and he's just brutal.

The only way he is going to develop is by letting him play... please don't cite PER as a means of evaluation.

I just remembered though - Mike Brown is the coach. He can't develop a ham sandwich so I'd say developing a tweener is out of the question.

PER is a direct result of his play and Bennett certainly got his chance to contribute earlier in the season. Too bad he was a complete trainwreck, Kwame's apprentice didn't even score the first 12 games of the season..how in the world does that happen?

I've been saying he belongs in the D-League since November, dude is pure trash. Chris Grant really needs to lose his job over that draft. You know things are bad when an undrafted rookie 3rd string PG is outplaying your picks and getting more minutes than all of them combined.

thekad

Banned
Boston probably gets that pick next year if the Sixers have a good offseason. They have a wealth of cash to spend and will be adding Nerlens and a top 5 pick next year.

Really dumb move for the Heat doe
Sixers are (probably) getting the Pelicans pick, too. So they'll be adding the best prospect from last year's draft and two top ten picks from one of the most hyped drafts ever.

Hinkie da god

Although they're going to lose Hawes and Turner and probably trade T. Young so they might be even worse next year.

Tom Penny

Celtics are taking back Anthony. What is the benefit to that because it's not on the court. I'm trying to figure out the angle here.

Toney Douglas is probably in Miami to provide spot minutes for defense when necessary, I doubt he will get any burn as long as people are healthy

Chris Palmer ‏@ChrisPalmerNBA
The Lakers aren't tanking. They're just very bad.

The truth hurts.

Yeah right. They were around .500 before Kobe came back, and suddenly they can't buy a win against the Bucks or Cavs? Come on now.

Danny ainge should be executive of the yr... Flipping all these trash to assets.

It should be Jimbo Dolan for getting Bargnani off the Raptors and backing out of the Lowry trade. Those two moves gave the most dramatic improvement to any team this year.

Yeah right. They were around .500 before Kobe came back, and suddenly they can't buy a win against the Bucks or Cavs? Come on now.

It should be Jimbo Dolan for getting Bargnani off the Raptors and backing out of the Lowry trade. Those two moves gave the most dramatic improvement to any team this year.

That was when they had Farmar and Henry. When even the backup starters are injured, you know you're in trouble. With that said, the team was organized like this from the beginning to either find hidden talent that would play well in D'Antoni's system, tank like crazy, or both.

AcridMeat

Banned
I haven't seen much of Boston this year but from the stats I should feel extremely excited by this. I think I wanted more of a playmaker/leader for the playoffs from the back up role but the bench needs whatever it can get.

If they work magic for another big man off the bench that would be superb.

thekad

Banned
Bennett is also a -.132 in WS/48 (replacement level is .50, superstar is .200, 0 is a guy who shouldn't in the league, so).

BTW, Kyle Lowry is 6th in WS/48 at .215 behind Durant, Paul, Lebron, Love and George and ahead of The Brow.

But we can't trade Tim Hardaway Jr. for him no way

Kinda like Melo should've gotten the MVP back then for making the Nuggets better?

Spot the fake superstar:

TS%

8. Lebron James .672
22. Kevin Durant .625
38. James Harden .600
42. Amir Johnson .597
44. Chris Bosh .594
51. Dirk Nowitzki .592
69. Dwyane Wade .585
77. Paul George .582
100. Michael Beasley .568
123. Rashard Lewis .555
146. Randy Foye .546
151. Carmelo Anthony . 543

Tom Penny

They get a protected first round pick which will probably turn into two seconds from Philly and a second round pick from Miami.

I think Asik will come back into play. They are just stacking assets.

I haven't seen much of Boston this year but from the stats I should feel extremely excited by this. I think I wanted more of a playmaker/leader for the playoffs from the back up role but the bench needs whatever it can get.

If they work magic for another big man off the bench that would be superb.

Crawford and Brooks are both chuckers who don't play D but can score so if you're looking for that you got it. Crawford can play make when he wants to so it would be intersting if they combo him with Curry at SG with Crawford running point for drive kick outs for 3's.

Rooting for tanking is pathetic to me...

I understand teams have to retool and everything but sheeit

Speaking for myself, I am not rooting for tanking, at least I wasn't when the season started. As this increasingly looks like a lost season, my take is, why not hope for a better draft position in a deep draft?

Finishing in last place in the West actually helps us going forward.

Ask the Indianapolis Colts how valuable it was to their franchise to tank for a year. Ask the 5pur5.

Shit, let's get something of value outta this shit season.

reilo

BTW, Kyle Lowry is 6th in WS/48 at .215 behind Durant, Paul, Lebron, Love and George and ahead of The Brow.

But we can't trade Tim Hardaway Jr. for him no way

How is Lowry's WS/48 so high? Nash has had a WS/48 above .215 only once in his career, and Lowry's stats aren't nowhere near as good. He's shooting 43.3FG% overall this season so WTF.

Pkaz01

Miami making capspace for bynum? I am glad the suns stayed away from this one barbosa was a better pick up than any of those guys in the deal

It's just for the day so that he can get one more practice session in.
oh. right.

That didn't last long.

happy-lurking.gif.pagespeed.ce.JSCrO1vj_V.gif

Top Bottom