• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Exokell

Banned
ITT people going crazy over meaningless regular season games, who the fuck cares about kds stats right now when he looks beta in the fucking playoffs when bestbrook is playing.

ITT people going crazy over meaningless regular season games, who the fuck cares about kds stats right now when he looks beta in the fucking playoffs when bestbrook is playing.

DRSAzWt.gif

giri

Fixed that for you.

I'm confident bestbrook will be back by playoff time. If we're healthy I think we get out of the west easily.

Oh i dunno, don't ever discount YNB's ability to fuck up in the clutch and freeze out Durant in the play offs. And miss defensive rotations.

MVP

Banned
Oh ok so now the MVP should be given to the player who puts up the best stats, then the next day it'll be the player who means the most to his team, then the next day it'll be back to who scores the most points...

KD is a legitimate candidate, not the runaway MVP. Everyone knows if Lebron was playing with a bunch of scrubs and didn't care about winning he'd go off for 60 every night. What is OKC's record during KD's "MVP" streak? Are they even over .500? Barely?

MVP

Banned

He's basically the second coming of Tracy McGrady in his prime, which I mean as a compliment 100%, McGrady was a beast.

fertygo

KD is a legitimate candidate, not the runaway MVP. Everyone knows if Lebron was playing with a bunch of scrubs and didn't care about winning he'd go off for 60 every night. What is OKC's record during KD's "MVP" streak? Are they even over .500? Barely?

11 - 6 so far

Lebron without Wade's 6-6 so far in this season.

Oh ok so now the MVP should be given to the player who puts up the best stats, then the next day it'll be the player who means the most to his team, then the next day it'll be back to who scores the most points...

good thing KD is both.

better than Bron without Wade and Durant has no 3rd All-Star in his team.

thekad

Banned
Can you point out one series within the last three years where Westbrook outplayed Durant?

KingGondo

Banned
Who gives a shit about the MVP award. It's incredibly subjective and if KD wins, it'll have more to do with YNB being hurt than his own performance.

We should just sit back and enjoy the dominance KD is showing right now. Absolutely incredible, and he arguably hasn't even hit his prime yet.

And he has absolutely carried this team since YNB went down. He's not putting up empty stats, or scoring more with less efficiency. He's doing it all while maintaining the insane efficiency he's known for.

Fuck the awards. Just bask in the greatness we're witnessing.

ghost77

Banned
Hey guys long time lurker first time poster.

Just wanted to represent the lakers, I'm sure we got sum fair weather OKC fans coming and basking in the glory of last nite (HA Blazers!) but the true sign of a great franchise is fans that stick with the team even when they suck like the true laker OG's here.

That being said you have to look at Durant's dominance these past few games and just appreciate it. Best chance to win MVP he's had partly cause Lebron ain't balling like usually and partly because MY GOD DID YOU SEE LAST NIGHT

Just wanted to represent the lakers, I'm sure we got sum fair weather OKC fans coming and basking in the glory of last nite (HA Blazers!) but the true sign of a great franchise is fans that stick with the team even when they suck like the true laker OG's here.

That being said you have to look at Durant's dominance these past few games and just appreciate it. Best chance to win MVP he's had partly cause Lebron ain't balling like usually and partly because MY GOD DID YOU SEE LAST NIGHT

There's no more room left on the tank. You'll have to find another.

As a fellow Laker fan since 1986. Welcome. Its been a tough last 2 years for me. I am not used to this not even trying attitude the front office has taken.

Durant is amazing. and you know what his game is such that he can play well into his mid to late 30's without a huge drop off. Like others have said, What will Lebron do when he hits 33-34 and his legs dont allow him to bulldoze through the lane?

better develop a low post game my man.

Lakers fans are handling this tank like champions. I guess you don't get to 16 trophies without being winners at everything.

exarkun

There's no more room left on the tank. You'll have to find another.

lol, and only three yeas ago we could have said bandwagon instead of tank. Oh how times have changed.

I cant watch the late night games while the Australian Open is on. I wonder if anyone else is having this problem.

As a fellow Laker fan since 1986. Welcome. Its been a tough last 2 years for me. I am not used to this not even trying attitude the front office has taken.

Durant is amazing. and you know what his game is such that he can play well into his mid to late 30's without a huge drop off. Like others have said, What will Lebron do when he hits 33-34 and his legs dont allow him to bulldoze through the lane?

Eh, lebron has been one of the best post scorers the past two years.

Um

I'm pretty sure that LeBron is one of the most efficient post players in the league

MVP

Banned
good thing KD is both.

KD is the player that has meant the most to his team? Yeah you're right, OKC wouldn't have won the championships they've won without him.

better than Bron without Wade and Durant has no 3rd All-Star in his team.

Lebron has an excuse (coasting after 2 rings and 3 straight appearances in the Finals), and the fact that Lebron has to do it WITH two other all-stars is even more impressive. Durant has no one else to distribute the ball to, of course he's gonna go for 50 sometimes.

KD is the player that has meant the most to his team? Yeah you're right, OKC wouldn't have won the championships they've won without him.

Lebron has an excuse (coasting after 2 rings and 3 straight appearances in the Finals), and the fact that Lebron has to do it WITH two other all-stars is even more impressive. Durant has no one else to distribute the ball to, of course he's gonna go for 50 sometimes.

lol I think people will actually reply to this

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Nice Avery out for a few weeks. I never wish injury, but it seems like a minor ankle tweak, wouldn't be surprised if they asked him to sit longer even when he's back to full health.

edit- damn Rondo out now... who the hell plays PG? I know pressey and now this Vander Blue guy?! Lol full steam ahead guys.

Tom Penny

Nice Avery out for a few weeks. I never wish injury, but it seems like a minor ankle tweak, wouldn't be surprised if they asked him to sit longer even when he's back to full health.

edit- damn Rondo out now... who the hell plays PG? I know pressey and now this Vander Blue guy?! Lol full steam ahead guys.

Just wait until they find a dummy to take Bass and Green...probably Houston.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just wait until they find a dummy to take Bass and Green...probably Houston.

I would much rather Green... I don't think tanking bass can be called dummy, he's a tough guy, decent jump shot, good defender, damn good bench guy. Get rid of Green though he's useless in this league.

Tom Penny

I would much rather Green... I don't think tanking bass can be called dummy, he's a tough guy, decent jump shot, good defender, damn good bench guy. Get rid of Green though he's useless in this league.

I'd rather get rid of Bass and resign Humphries at Bass money.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Green is clownshoes. I dont care about either longterm. On a side note I think Ainge will be very aggressive draft day if he is targeting specific players with all the assets they have.

Greens contract is significantly worse than Brandons, his will be gone end of next year... not to mention Brandon is less per year and the better player, period.

ISOM

Oh i dunno, don't ever discount YNB's ability to fuck up in the clutch and freeze out Durant in the play offs. And miss defensive rotations.

Durant didn't do anything by himself last year in the playoffs. The last thing okc should worry about is westbrook freezing him out. That's ridiculous.

ISOM

Are you sure you were watching the playoffs last year?

KD took his team straight to the finals without westbrook right? Look, the point is that okc needs westbrook's scoring more than need to worry about him freezing out durant.

Top Bottom