• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

giri

KD took his team straight to the finals without westbrook right? Look, the point is that okc needs westbrook's scoring more than need to worry about him freezing out durant.

I think you're conveniently ignoring the fact that the team that went to the finals also had Harden. Whilst Harden shat the bed in the finals, he was fundamental to them getting there. Quite pointedly taking the ball out of YNB's hands late game so that he couldn't freeze the rest of the team out.

YNB's important to them because Brooks offensive system is god damn horrible. But having a second guy with elite athleticism continually attacking the defense is very important to them because then teams can't JUST focus on one. And Durant doesn't have to carry the WHOLE load and get exhausted. Which is actually what happened to him in the Grizz series last year. He regularly scored 1/4 to 1/3 of the teams total points. But he had to carry the load the whole game, and was exhausted by the time the 4th quarter came around.

But to suggest that Durant isn't their best player and by a large margin is ridiculous.

YNB alone would be lucky to get the thunder to a .500 team.

ISOM

I think you're conveniently ignoring the fact that the team that went to the finals also had Harden. Whilst Harden shat the bed in the finals, he was fundamental to them getting there. Quite pointedly taking the ball out of YNB's hands late game so that he couldn't freeze the rest of the team out.

YNB's important to them because Brooks offensive system is god damn horrible. But having a second guy with elite athleticism continually attacking the defense is very important to them because then teams can't JUST focus on one. And Durant doesn't have to carry the WHOLE load and get exhausted. Which is actually what happened to him in the Grizz series last year. He regularly scored 1/4 to 1/3 of the teams total points. But he had to carry the load the whole game, and was exhausted by the time the 4th quarter came around.

But to suggest that Durant isn't their best player and by a large margin is ridiculous.

YNB alone would be lucky to get the thunder to a .500 team.

I never said that durant wasn't their best player. Worrying about westbrook freezing out durant is not a big problem. It's his scoring because of brook's offensive system that they need him more than anything else.

giri

I never said that durant wasn't their best player. Worrying about westbrook freezing out durant is not a big problem. It's his scoring because of brook's offensive system that they need him more than anything else.

YNB freezing out Duran is a huge problem when he's taking incredibly dumb shots in close late game situations.

What's wrong with that?

Not saying he's undeserving this year, but the fact that he might play at an extremely high level for the entire season just after constantly daggering his own team over and over again with some of the worst NBA finals play I've ever seen is just something I kind of frown about.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 11m

Based on Forbes' estimate, the Bobcats are worth $410 million (just ahead of the Bucks). That's a 30 percent rise from 2013.
Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 7m

IF Forbes' value estimate is accurate -- and I question whether someone would pay $410 million -- Michael Jordan has made a tidy gain.

we comin up brehs

Those Forbes numbers suggest that the value of every team jumped up a huge amount. They're saying the Wolves are suddenly worth $65M more than last season, up to $430M. I know Target Center needs this renovation, but damn.

That's cuz forbes has been grossly undervaluing teams to date. For some, like lakers and Knicks, they probably still are.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
That's cuz forbes has been grossly undervaluing teams to date. For some, like lakers and Knicks, they probably still are.

That's crazy to think about because that would put the Knicks and Lakers up there with the likes of the Yankees, Real Madrid, Manchester United and Cowboys, and I just don't see it. Not in a < $5bil revenue league.

Those Forbes numbers suggest that the value of every team jumped up a huge amount. They're saying the Wolves are suddenly worth $65M more than last season, up to $430M. I know Target Center needs this renovation, but damn.
They'll jump down again right before the cba expires. Big business takes care of its own.

reilo

They'll jump down again right before the cba expires. Big business takes care of its own.

Eh, no. The NBA is negotiating a new TV deal for 2015 this year. Their current one is trash in comparison to other leagues, so that will only improve their standing, especially if they bargain for digital rights without blackout rules.

giri

Eh, no. The NBA is negotiating a new TV deal for 2015 this year. Their current one is trash in comparison to other leagues, so that will only improve their standing, especially if they bargain for digital rights without blackout rules.

So many things right about League Pass. So many small annoyances.

I really wish the replays included TNT half time shows and pre/post game shows. Would just add to it. I know why it doesn't happen now. But yeah.

I mean, i don't want it for most games, but for some, it would be nice.

reilo

So many things right about League Pass. So many small annoyances.

I really wish the replays included TNT half time shows and pre/post game shows. Would just add to it. I know why it doesn't happen now. But yeah.

I mean, i don't want it for most games, but for some, it would be nice.

Man, ILP is amazing from everything that I know. US League Pass kinda sucks because of blackout rules, but it's slowly gotten better. If the US version can have the restrictions lifted, I'd purchase that no questions asked and drop cable.

Of course, the league wants its finances to look vibrant right as they try to sell their product for TV. That's why these franchises all shot up in value for no reason. Right before the cba expires, they'll shoot back down so the league can cry poor to the players. What i said isn't inconsistent with what you said.

For all the praise Masai has gotten, are they even going to have a lottery pick this year? They're definitely not getting anybody through free agency.

giri

Man, ILP is amazing from everything that I know. US League Pass kinda sucks because of blackout rules, but it's slowly gotten better. If the US version can have the restrictions lifted, I'd purchase that no questions asked and drop cable.

ILP is good.

HD stream (though i question how HD at times). No ads on replays, just game action. And in AU, no blackouts that i remember.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Cavs are about to lose to the Bulls, after having taken their best player.

Take me now, oh Goddess.

Cavs are about to lose to the Bulls, after having taken their best player.

Take me now, oh Goddess.
image.php

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

Yeah, it has archives of ESPN and TNT games now, but still no NBATV, for some reason.

Although my biggest problem is the Game Time app to watch it on my TV. It loses connection all the time.

Top Bottom