• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

I never said that. I know 2k is better, but I was hoping there would be another player this year but there wasn't. It was misguided optimism, nothing more. I haven't bought a Live game in ages.
Does Anyone else have a hard time shaking the notion of hearing heavy's posts without hearing it as as a dramatic reading?

diehard

Fleer
PI actually watches lots of basketball and comments on things that have nothing to do with the Heat.

respect.

Syphon is my dude too

KD scored 24 of his 36 points last night after ~Kawaii~ left the game with a broken finger. As long as SA has their big 4 for the playoffs they'll beat OKC in a series and put the spotlight back on the sham that is Keven Durant. Really can't stand that dude now. I don't like his attitude, his rapping, nothing, I want him to get embarrassed again in the playoffs, and he will.

Racist.

Come on, PI and Syphon aren't that bad.

Unfair to everyone that isn't MVP and Heavy to be lumped together with those two.

PI actually watches lots of basketball and comments on things that have nothing to do with the Heat.

respect.

Syphon is my dude too

Yeah PI is easily the best Miami fan. Adam, you're crazy.

I just pointed out the loudest members of each fanbase, although I will apologize to PI and Syphon for not clarifying that point.

I'm aware that Heavy and MVP are Shiva-tier doe.

How am I that bad? fuck outta here. The thread could use a little optimism instead of constantly trying to one-up each other with negative hyperbole to come off like a bball smark. I rather be someone who's hopeful and happy when the team I root for wins rather than wanting them to tank every game just to hope the lottery ball falls your way and you get one of the top few picks. Tired of this negativity.

How am I that bad? fuck outta here. The thread could use a little optimism instead of constantly trying to one-up each other with negative hyperbole to come off like a bball smark. I rather be someone who's hopeful and happy when the team I root for wins rather than wanting them to tank every game just to hope the lottery ball falls your way and you get one of the top few picks. Tired of this negativity.

You're an idiot.

Dre3001

Don’t ask J.R. Smith about the Knicks’ defensive woes. Smith admits he doesn’t know much about playing defense.

“That’s really not my area of expertise. I’m more of a scoring-type player,” Smith told the New York Post. “I’ll leave that to those guys. Whatever they want to do, it’s OK with me. Just let me know.’’

JR Smith just keeps delivering

KD scored 24 of his 36 points last night after ~Kawaii~ left the game with a broken finger. As long as SA has their big 4 for the playoffs they'll beat OKC in a series and put the spotlight back on the sham that is Keven Durant. Really can't stand that dude now. I don't like his attitude, his rapping, nothing, I want him to get embarrassed again in the playoffs, and he will.

Huh.

Yeah, I realized that after I made the post. Too late to go back now. Whatever, KD is a fraud and will be exposed as such. I don't like dude at all. Spurs would have shut him down if Kawhi didn't get hurt. I don't like his rapping and how he tries to come off hard, I don't like the fact that RB doesn't get enough credit, I don't like how Stephen A said we might be looking at the greatest scorer of all-time, I just don't like him and am looking forward to seeing OKC crumble yet again in the playoffs. If this is a lost season then I want two things to happen: OKC and Miami lose. A San Antonio vs Indiana Finals would be a dream match-up under this scenario.

Yeah, I realized that after I made the post. Too late to go back now. Whatever, KD is a fraud and will be exposed as such. I don't like dude at all. Spurs would have shut him down if Kawhi didn't get hurt. I don't like his rapping and how he tries to come off hard, I don't like the fact that RB doesn't get enough credit, I don't like how Stephen A said we might be looking at the greatest scorer of all-time, I just don't like him and am looking forward to seeing OKC crumble yet again in the playoffs. If this is a lost season then I want two things to happen: OKC and Miami lose. A San Antonio vs Indiana Finals would be a dream match-up under this scenario.

You sound like a scorned woman. Did KD stood you up?

You are the greatest scorer of all-time.

Go sit in a corner and hate yourself now.
How about you attack the argument instead of the person? Half of your posts in here seem to be insults; it's getting to the point of being unacceptable.

Heavy, I suggest you just ignore the people dog piling on you because that mentality is ingrained in the regulars. Whenever somebody starts being snarky towards me I just give them compliments and they usually get tired of not getting the response they want and leave me alone. Just some advice.

How about you attack the argument instead of the person? Half of your posts in here seem to be insults; it's getting to the point of being unacceptable.

Heavy, I suggest you just ignore the people dog piling on you because that mentality is ingrained in the regulars. Whenever somebody starts being snarky towards me I just give them compliments and they usually back off or just get tired of not getting the response they want. Just some advice.
Thanks, I'll try to do that now. It also brings out the worst in me so yeah you're right.

linsivvi

Geez, thanks for quoting him now I can't unsee the post.

Well I guess it's too difficult for him to understand how I was using his own logic against him.

This place wouldn't be filled with negativity and insults if Heavy didn't make stupid irrelevant posts that rarely contribute to discussion.

TThere's having an opinion that differs from others to offer discussion. You? "I hate this and this and that! I still think Kobe could save us!"

Forever

Banned
Probably gonna miss the game tonight but we should be able to handle Dallas.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you JR Smith.

Don’t ask J.R. Smith about the Knicks’ defensive woes. Smith admits he doesn’t know much about playing defense.

“That’s really not my area of expertise. I’m more of a scoring-type player,” Smith told the New York Post. “I’ll leave that to those guys. Whatever they want to do, it’s OK with me. Just let me know.’’
Just let him know.

linsivvi

This place wouldn't be filled with negativity and insults if Heavy didn't make stupid irrelevant posts that rarely contribute to discussion.

TThere's having an opinion that differs from others to offer discussion. You? "I hate this and this and that! I still think Kobe could save us!"

I like it how half of the reasons why he hates KD has absolutely nothing do with KD himself.

There's having an opinion that differs from others to offer discussion. You? "I hate this and this and that! I still think Kobe could save us!"

To be fair, oftentimes a dissenting opinion in here is met with ridicule and passive-aggressive insults, even when the reasoning is sound. For example, I remember saying Anthony Bennett should go to the NBADL back in November but got a bunch of 'lol ur dumb no way they send da #1 pick down lol' responses even after explaining that he doesn't get much burn with the Cavs and needs playing time to develop. Now that one time unpopular opinion doesn't look so stupid, Bennett clearly can't play in the Association and would benefit from a stint in Canton, he's even expressed interest in playing there.

Another example was me speculating Chicago as a potential Bynum landing spot but many posters jumped all over me for merely saying it was a possibility. Now who looks stupid?

I've been wrong PLENTY of times before but it seems like anyone who doesn't conform to the majority opinion gets a lot of ribbing from regulars here. What's worse is that when you bring up the problem people insult you by saying you're 'catching feelings' or 'more emotional than Drake' which is childish. Nobody here should have to deal with a hostile environment unless they really do something to deserve it.

Just my opinion.

Hey Faze how do you feel about the Wiz wanting to sign Gortat long term lol

Honestly I'm close to just abandoning the team. When you've got ownership that clearly doesn't care about winning--especially a guy who just bought the team, you feel helpless.

I've got to wait to see what happens obviously. Best case scenario is we offer Monroe the max and let Gortat walk, or maybe we give Gortat a high dollar, short years contract that would be more palatable.

The whole Wiz community is in an uproar right now though for sure.

To be fair, oftentimes a dissenting opinion in here is met with ridicule and passive-aggressive insults, even when the reasoning is sound. For example, I remember saying Anthony Bennett should go to the NBADL back in November but got a bunch of 'lol ur dumb no way they send da #1 pick down lol' responses even after explaining that he doesn't get much burn with the Cavs and needs playing time to develop. Now that one time unpopular opinion doesn't look so stupid, Bennett clearly can't play in the Association and would benefit from a stint in Canton, he's even expressed interest in playing there.

Another example was me speculating Chicago as a potential Bynum landing spot but many posters jumped all over me for merely saying it was a possibility. Now who looks stupid?

I've been wrong PLENTY of times before but it seems like anyone who doesn't conform to the majority opinion gets a lot of ribbing from regulars here. What's worse is that when you bring up the problem people insult you by saying you're 'catching feelings' or 'more emotional than Drake' which is childish. Nobody here should have to deal with a hostile environment unless they really do something to deserve it.

Just my opinion.

I've been posting here for years and years and years about the NBA...and yeah, it is like this. You can get ridiculed/passive-aggressive stuff just for watching the wrong team. I feel like the best way to deal with it is to not take it too seriously, though. For the most part, it's all in fun - and I really believe that if this was just a bar with a bunch of us sitting and watching basketball games, it'd be exactly the same...but everyone would know it was just jokes/all in fun.

Tom Penny

I could be wrong but NBA GAF would have little purpose if it wasn't about talking shit trolling others and clowing on even your own team 75% of the time. Stop catching feeling and paint yo face you soft as Drake Clowns :)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Just my opinion.
The irony tho

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Just my opinion.

Must be nice to form an argument based on bullshit and lies when we got your own goddamn post history that completely contradicts ALL OF THAT.

But hey, keep playing the victim card instead of owning up to your wrong predictions.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Also the majority opinion is often fact. Cavs are dumb, Knicks suck, wade is a douche, etc.

When you argue against something factual then expect to get called the fuck out.

I've been posting here for years and years and years about the NBA...and yeah, it is like this. You can get ridiculed/passive-aggressive stuff just for watching the wrong team. I feel like the best way to deal with it is to not take it too seriously, though. For the most part, it's all in fun - and I really believe that if this was just a bar with a bunch of us sitting and watching basketball games, it'd be exactly the same...but everyone would know it was just jokes/all in fun.

FUCK YOU THIS SHIT IS SERUOUS

Also the majority opinion is often fact. Cavs are dumb, Knicks suck, wade is a douche, etc.

When you argue against something factual then expect to get called the fuck out.
Do you remember the time when LeBron was the douche and Wade started to "be around him too much"

What happened?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

It's a lot better than the NFL thread lol.

AcridMeat

Banned
It would be so glorious to have NBA-GAF together at a FDKnicks game. ~20 guys like this.

Unlike Heavy, you've actually insulted people here regularly. On top of that, you can't even stick to your own argument consistently. But stay a victim breh

When was the last time I insulted anyone here? I used to throw them back when provoked but realized that arguing with a bunch of internet tough guys isn't worth it.

Keep trying to claim I'm 'playing the victim' when I already said above that I've been wrong plenty of times. I know you're just trying to troll and get a rise out of me but I'm not playing that game :)

You've been proven factually wrong more than once and didn't have the guts to own up to it. Plus weaseling you're way out of a bet, you're the last person in here who can claim being wrongly persecuted.

Did I not say I've been wrong plenty of times before in my post above?

And if you're going to stay mad and hold a grudge over a bet made on a video game forum all I can do is laugh.

Come on, PI and Syphon aren't that bad.

respect.

Syphon is my dude too

Yeah PI is easily the best Miami fan. Adam, you're crazy.
tumblr_ltykjxmy2c1qgjja6.gif

fuck you adam

In other news, Marco Belinellistill hasn't hit any sort of major shooting slump yet, I know the volume isn't Curry/Lillard/Korver level but jeez he's managed to maintain 49/50% three point shooting for over 40 games now. :O

You guys talking about persecuted don't even know what persecuted is like

When the whole thread starts wearing avatars of your franchise players in another team's uniform and reminds you daily how great of a Chicago bull he will be, then spends the entire next season saying "fuck your team" and roots for the opposition every night, then we can talk

Top Bottom