• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

tumblr_ltykjxmy2c1qgjja6.gif

fuck you adam

In other news, Marco Belinellistill hasn't yet any sort of major shooting slump yet, I know the volume isn't Curry/Lillard/Korver level but jeez he's managed to maintain 49/50% three point shooting for over 40 games now. :O

Yo, I clarified and apologized above, brah.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You guys talking about persecuted don't even know what persecuted is like

When the whole thread starts wearing avatars of your franchise players in another team's uniform and reminds you daily how great of a Chicago bull he will be, then spends the entire next season saying "fuck your team" and roots for the opposition every night, then we can talk
Good times

ku-xlarge.gif

Seeing a gif like this makes me feel for Melo. He's like Adrian Peterson with how his prime is being wasted on a horrific team. No one else on that bench even flinched, he was the only one that gave a reaction. That team is an abomination.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
[mg]http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19d5t4p8ielxcgif/ku-xlarge.gif[/img]

Seeing a gif like this makes me feel for Melo. He's like Adrian Peterson with how his prime is being wasted on a horrific team. No one else on that bench even flinched, he was the only one that gave a reaction. That team is an abomination.

Melo is nowhere near the value that AD brings.

Post here during the dark days.

Get Kobechued by losing bets to DY.

mamadou-ndiaye-johnathan-loyd1.jpg

Tallest player in college ball.

Zot zot zot.

Nah I don't care about people hating on the Clippers. They'll always do that. The Jazz fans alone would hate us even if our starting 5 included Jimmer Fredette, Gordon Hayward, and Jabari Parker (I don't even know who would be playing PG in that configuration but whatever). I want some full on ad hominem attacks.

Did I not say I've been wrong plenty of times before in my post above?

And if you're going to stay mad and hold a grudge over a bet made on a video game forum all I can do is laugh.

What I've seen in this thread boils down to, you get treated how you treat others. There are posters who go hard and in return are open to jabs, and there are others who are really civil and almost never receive any 'harsh' responses.

When you decided to carry yourself a certain way, you flashed the green light for the assholes of this thread to give you what you were giving. Whining about it now isn't gonna get anyone to feel sorry for you.

And part of that is you attitude about the bet you slipped out of. If you can't keep your word on a bet about something so simple as an avatar, then what the hell. If this thread had a hand full of people who did that then any sort of betting in here would be awful.

I too hate durant because some analyst said he's better than my lord and saviour Kobe, and that can't be true because the book of Kobe says Kobe is the goat.

Clippers are real frauds. I hope cp3 never wins a championship. I hope we play them in the playoffs and Steve Adams gets griffin or Paul ejected in every game.

Edit: someone posted about clipper hate during the time I posted... Not fair

Nah I don't care about people hating on the Clippers. They'll always do that. The Jazz fans alone would hate us even if our starting 5 included Jimmer Fredette, Gordon Hayward, and Jabari Parker (I don't even know who would be playing PG in that configuration but whatever). I want some full on ad hominem attacks.

Your owner's a racist slumlord and you help him get money.

Your owner's a racist slumlord and you help him get money.

Oh yeah I can't stand the guy. He's a terrible human being. I've only been to one Clipper game, though, and don't even have cable so I don't think I contribute too much to his profits. Also, because of profit sharing, essentially every NBA fan helps him get money. If the Clippers were sold to a halfway decent person, I would love it, even if it meant moving the team.

What I've seen in this thread boils down to, you get treated how you treat others. There are posters who go hard and in return are open to jabs, and there are others who are really civil and almost never receive any 'harsh' responses.

When you decided to carry yourself a certain way, you flashed the green light for the assholes of this thread to give you what you were giving. Whining about it now isn't gonna get anyone to feel sorry for you.

And part of that is you attitude about the bet you slipped out of. If you can't keep your word on a bet about something so simple as an avatar, then what the hell. If this thread had a hand full of people who did that then any sort of betting in here would be awful.
I rarely even comment on the dog piling that occurs in this thread, most of the time I just post a few comments about whatever game I'm watching. Don't try to pull the 'treat others how you want to be treated' card because that's bullshit and we both know it. There are some posters in here who adhere to that but many others are going to mock and ridicule dissenting opinions regardless. I used to get super annoyed at that and would come back at them, now I don't care and ignore it or post something nice in response because trolls don't know how to handle that and usually leave me alone.

I don't want sympathy, I've never asked for that. I just want EVERYONE in here to be able to post in an environment where they don't have to put up with harassment. There's a difference between friendly ribbing and shelling out passive aggressive insults to bait someone into an argument so your internet buddies can pile on them. Holding a grudge over something somebody said online or over an avatar bet is childish, if you told a friend 'yeah I constantly give this dude a hard time online because he got out of an avatar bet on this video game forum I visit' they would laugh in your face and tell you to get over it. That's a lot of energy to expend disliking somebody who you barely interact with.

AP gonna end up being this generation's barry sanders

Not sure if he really has a true basketball equivalent. I guess if anthony Davis keeps making leaps and his teams keep being terrible?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
My big hang up on Melo is actually his conditioning... Idk he always looks outta shape to me. It always bothered me with PP as well.

AP gonna end up being this generation's barry sanders

Not sure if he really has a true basketball equivalent. I guess if anthony Davis keeps making leaps and his teams keep being terrible?

Then he'll pull a CP3 and leave. Nobody wants to stay on a treadmill team, especially one in a small market.

diehard

Fleer
everyone laughed at IWMTB when he was new too.. laughed at his opinions, then we all realized the dude knows his shit and nobody laughs anymore.

it helps he took it in stride and didnt insult people.

AD is hands down the best at his position, Melo is a ball stopper and a head case.
I agree that Peterson is the best running back in the league but I'm not sure he has an equivalent in the NBA which is less reliant on a team to put up huge stats or achieve success. It's kind of hard to make that comparison but I (kind of) get what you're saying.

Melo is nowhere near the value that AD brings.
It was the only example I could think of at the top of my head, not saying they're the same value. Putting a name in the analogy makes it easier to get the point across than saying "Melo's like a pro bowl RB on a terrible team wasting his prime"...doesn't even make sense.

everyone laughed at IWMTB when he was new too.. laughed at his opinions, then we all realized the dude knows his shit and nobody laughs anymore.

I laugh all the time. People should laugh more. It's healthy.

This whole season feels like a blur, like it's not happening...I don't feel a part of it, I feel detached as a fan. I'm not trolling, it feels like I'm watching from afar. That 13 out of 14 lost streak has made me a shell, like a turtle that's crawled back in his shell and all you can see are his stubby little feet.

You're welcome.

You do need to let up on your role players doe. Statistically, they're doing ok or better.

I actually really like Dudley. He seems like a nice guy. I just hate his production this year. There's a reason he lost his starting job even with Matt Barnes having a down year. I just plain don't like Redick as a person after hearing about how he essentially forced an ex girlfriend to have an abortion. That puts him about the same level as Sterling to me.

linsivvi

Josh Smith though.

He'll never live down to that, no matter how many other times he's right.

This whole season feels like a blur, like it's not happening...I don't feel a part of it, I feel detached as a fan. I'm not trolling, it feels like I'm watching from afar. That 13 out of 14 lost streak has made me a shell, like a turtle that's crawled back in his shell and all you can see are his stubby little feet.

Nobody is going to pity you (or us other Lakers fans). Every fan base except OKC has experienced this. All this self pity is just a magnet for mockery. Just embrace the tank, and enjoy the swag of Nick Young. The season is half gone already anyway.

giri

I actually really like Dudley. He seems like a nice guy. I just hate his production this year. There's a reason he lost his starting job even with Matt Barnes having a down year. I just plain don't like Redick as a person after hearing about how he essentially forced an ex girlfriend to have an abortion. That puts him about the same level as Sterling to me.

Dudley is basically producing at the level he was in PHX, he's slightly down in rbs and ast's, but he's not being asked to rebound anywhere near as much, and he doesn't handle the ball as much.

Oh and yeah, Redick isn't hte nicest guy in the world, but there's worse.

I rarely even comment on the dog piling that occurs in this thread, most of the time I just post a few comments about whatever game I'm watching. Don't try to pull the 'treat others how you want to be treated' card because that's bullshit and we both know it. There are some posters in here who adhere to that but many others are going to mock and ridicule dissenting opinions regardless. I used to get super annoyed at that and would come back at them, now I don't care and ignore it or post something nice in response because trolls don't know how to handle that and usually leave me alone.

I don't want sympathy, I've never asked for that. I just want EVERYONE in here to be able to post in an environment where they don't have to put up with harassment. There's a difference between friendly ribbing and shelling out passive aggressive insults to bait someone into an argument so your internet buddies can pile on them. Holding a grudge over something somebody said online or over an avatar bet is childish, if you told a friend 'yeah I constantly give this dude a hard time online because he got out of an avatar bet on this video game forum I visit' they would laugh in your face and tell you to get over it. That's a lot of energy to expend disliking somebody who you barely interact with.

meh, most dog piles are trolls being fed.

I didn't realize how close Nash was returning. Tuesday could be the earliest. God, it's like taking the dog behind the shed :(

I kind of wish Nash would have signed with the Mavs again after Phoenix that way Cuban might actually consider tanking... He's played like what 30 games in the past two seasons?

giri

Isn't Gucci the #assets guy?

lol. stop crying. you want to not be treated like a dumbass don't act like one. pretty simple.

The only time I remember being WTF at him is when he said Asik was the second best rookie and that Michael Beasley sucks

That's all!

Dudley is basically producing at the level he was in PHX, he's slightly down in rbs and ast's, but he's not being asked to rebound anywhere near as much, and he doesn't handle the ball as much.

Oh and yeah, Redick isn't hte nicest guy in the world, but there's worse.

Other than maybe Kobe Bryant or Andrew Bynum, it's hard for me to think of worse right now. I guess there are potentially others we don't hear much about.

As for Dudley, he's down in pretty much every single category over the last 2 years.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3201/jared-dudley

He's turning over the ball slightly less and has the same virtually nonexistent blocks per game total, but he's worse at everything else.

Edit: Also, if you believe in advanced stats, his PER (9.3 compared to a career 14.0) and Win Percentage per 48 minutes (.074 compared to .113) are by far the lowest of his career.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dudleja01.html#advanced::none

giri

Other than maybe Kobe Bryant or Andrew Bynum, it's hard for me to think of worse right now. I guess there are potentially others we don't hear much about.

As for Dudley, he's down in pretty much every single category over the last 2 years.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3201/jared-dudley

He's turning over the ball slightly less and has the same virtually nonexistent blocks per game total, but he's worse at everything else.

in a per minute thing, he's ~~ the same in ppg.

his 3pt % is down a bit, but assume it will pick up.

Lance Stephenson is probably a much worse person.

Another "fave" is when people make troll alt accounts to pretend to be fans of a team. I must say that's always fun. That shit happens constantly in the NFL thread, got annoying after awhile. Can't really remember it happening here outside of demhaq aka The Stealth Fox.

When you have to make an alt just to troll another person/teams fandom/anything, you need to evaluate your decisions in life.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Another "fave" is when people make troll alt accounts to pretend to be fans of a team. I must say that's always fun. That shit happens constantly in the NFL thread, got annoying after awhile. Can't really remember it happening here outside of demhaq aka The Stealth Fox.

When you have to make an alt just to troll another person/teams fandom/anything, you need to evaluate your decisions in life.

Who can forget Forever? That guy was cool.

Top Bottom