• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Rising Stars invitees if anyone cares:

Steven Adams :)
Jeremy Lamb :(

Valanciunas bitches!

iM67dLBvOzdWJ.gif

KingGondo

Banned
When's the last time the #1 overall pick wasn't at the rising stars game by default?
"@AlexKennedyNBA: Picks 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 10 from the 2013 NBA Draft didn't get invited to the Rookie-Sophomore game"

Crazy.
:O

I have been educated.
Oh yeah, it's not sophomores vs rookies anymore huh? Isn't it Shaq vs Barkley instead?
Correct.

P.S. Does anyone else remember the last OKC player to get snubbed as a sophomore (although he was later added as an injury sub)? Hint: he was my old avatar.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
‏@PDcavsinsider 2m
#Cavs Dion Waiters has been named to the BBVA Compass Rising Stars soph team in New Orleans on 2/14. No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett not invited.

‏@PDcavsinsider 2m
In case you're wondering after #Cavs Bennett not invited to Rising Stars game, Kwame Brown the last No. 1 pick overall not invited, NBA says

hahaha

:(

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Wait, seriously? How is that even possible?

10th pick was McCollum and he was injured until 10 games ago. 5th pick is Alex Len and he's been injured, too. 6th pick is Noel and he's injured, too.

The rest just suck. So that's unfair to lump them in with the other group.

BTW fellas, I forgot to mention I'm running in my first race in a few weeks. 10k.

I've taken both giri's and pilnov's running advice. I pretty much stayed at 5k distance for a couple months before ramping up. Also been training on hills on the weekend.

I'm still not very fast, IMO. I did do a mile time trial and hit 6:30 which nearly killed me (when I started I was doing 8:30). My 10k pace seems to be about 9:00-9:30 per mile on hills.

The 10k race is almost half hills, so it makes sense to look at that. I think flat I can pull something closer to an 8 minute pace.

Not that anyone really cares, but I wanted to give a small update and thank pilnov and giri for their advice. No injuries (though catching colds have cost me training) and I've lost some weight too which was nice.

giri

this season has seen so many injuries.

Nope.

This season hasn't been anywhere near as bad for injuries as recent ones.

And a lot of this years injuries are recurring ones from last year too. Nash, Kobe, YNB, Wade.

BTW fellas, I forgot to mention I'm running in my first race in a few weeks. 10k.

I've taken both giri's and pilnov's running advice. I pretty much stayed at 5k distance for a couple months before ramping up. Also been training on hills on the weekend.

I'm still not very fast, IMO. I did do a mile time trial and hit 6:30 which nearly killed me (when I started I was doing 8:30). My 10k pace seems to be about 9:00-9:30 per mile on hills.

The 10k race is almost half hills, so it makes sense to look at that. I think flat I can pull something closer to an 8 minute pace.

Not that anyone really cares, but I wanted to give a small update and thank pilnov and giri for their advice. No injuries (though catching colds have cost me training) and I've lost some weight too which was nice.

Good to hear and best of luck. When i get healthy i plan to actually do some timed races this year too.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
McCollum or Len probably wouldn't have gotten an invite regardless of their injuries.

Eh? I haven't seen Len play enough to make that conclusion, but McCollum can ball and he'll be getting more and more playing time as the season unfolds, especially since Portland has no backup SG to give Matthews a breather.

Running a 10k is impressive by itself.

giri

McCollum or Len probably wouldn't have gotten an invite regardless of their injuries.

Eh? Len has shown signs of good touch and moves. I think there's genuine hope for him.

Whether he'll ever get that time to develop i don't know. But he's been ok all considered.

diehard

Fleer
Len did nearly nothing in the pre-season with quite a few minutes and is getting 6.4 minutes in his last 10.

CJ wouldnt get more than 16-18 ppg on that team even if he started the season healthy... and his 8 PER isnt exactly steller since returning.

I'm not saying either suck, im saying their stats dont and wouldnt look much differently than some other players like KCP or Mclemore.

giri

Len did nearly nothing in the pre-season with quite a few minutes and is getting 6.4 minutes in his last 10.

CJ wouldnt get more than 16-18 ppg on that team even if he started the season healthy... and his 8 PER isnt exactly steller since returning.

I'm not saying either suck, im saying their stats dont and wouldnt look much differently than some other players like KCP or Mclemore.

He got a total of 77 minutes across 5 games after coming back from ankle surgery.

Not sure i qualify that as quite a few minutes.

His playing time at the moment is Hornaceks way of keeping him in the rotation. Like he has done for all the young players, trying to make sure they all get minutes.

I doubt he does anything significant this season given all he's been through, but for him, it's about building towards next season. So they're keeping him engaged and around the playing group. And used to the NBA speed so he can hopefully not go at a foul a minute.

diehard

Fleer
Unless they are Austin Rivers tier, i will never call a rookie "not good".

some very decent players looked like garbage in their rookie season.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Unless they are Austin Rivers tier, i will never call a rookie "not good".

some very decent players looked like garbage in their rookie season.

There are a lot of factors but Bennet is about Austin Rivers tier...

I mean he makes Candyman's rookie year look Hall of Fame worthy

oladipo is averaging 16/5/4 on 44% shooting (33% from three) in january

still takes too many threes given his percentage but he's settling in after a bad december, already one of the best shotblocking guards in the league

pilonv1

Boy the All Star Weekend "celebrity" game looks like an absolute must miss now

http://www.nba.com/news/as.celebrit...index.html?ls=iref:nba:allstarhub:editorialts

Jan. 29: The National Basketball Association announced today stars from film and TV will take the court for the Sprint NBA All-Star Celebrity Game 2014 on Friday, Feb. 14, at 7 p.m. ET.

Two-time MVP Kevin Hart will play alongside Victoria's Secret model, actress and philanthropist Erin Heatherton; "America's Got Talent" host Nick Cannon; ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike" hosts Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg; Jesse Williams ("Grey's Anatomy"); Columbus Short ("Scandal"); Michael B. Jordan ("That Awkward Moment"); U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan; three-time NBA Champion and ESPN NBA analyst Bruce Bowen; "E! News" anchor Terrence Jenkins; NBA TV's "NBA Inside Stuff presented by Samsung Galaxy" co-host Kristen Ledlow; ESPN anchor Stan Verrett; and WNBA stars Skylar Diggins of the Tulsa Shock and Elena Delle Donne of the Chicago Sky. Tickets for the game, airing live on ESPN from Sprint Arena at NBA All-Star Jam Session, will go on sale today Wednesday, Jan. 29, at 11 a.m. ET/ 10 a.m. CT.

ESPN's "NBA Countdown" hosts Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose will coach this year's teams. An assistant coach will be selected through Sprint's Assistant Coach For A Day Sweepstakes. The winning fan will be flown to New Orleans for NBA All-Star 2014 and serve as assistant coach for the West or East.

the fucking state of these participants

Top Bottom