• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

All you Laker fans cheering this shit...Pau shouldn't get flipped like a gotdamn piece. He isn't fucking Luke Walton. You don't trade Pau like this. He helped us win 2 fucking chips. Let him ride into FA this summer...it's only 4 months away...good grief.

I feel like I'm the only one that feels like this.

This whole fucking organization is taking drugs.

All you Laker fans cheering this shit...Pau shouldn't get flipped like a gotdamn piece. He isn't fucking Luke Walton. You don't trade Pau like this. He helped us win 2 fucking chips. Let him ride into FA this summer...it's only 4 months away...good grief.

I feel like I'm the only one that feels like this.

This whole fucking organization is taking drugs.

I appreciate what he has done, but sticking with your old guns instead of moving on sends you into a 10 year long rebuild.

Don't fuck this up over an asset, Mitch.

He's off the books in less than 4 months if they do absolutely nothing. Eat his salary and let the man walk with dignity.

He helped win you 2 chips.

Playing as a shell of his former self with a bunch of d-leaguers is dignified? He would probably prefer to be in Cleveland where at least he has a shot at the playoffs.

It's a business. Pau knows that. He didn't return any money when he no-showed the 2011 playoffs.

linsivvi

I appreciate what he has done, but sticking with your old guns instead of moving on sends you into a 10 year long rebuild.

Exactly. Pau is my favorite player on the team right now but it's time. It's not like playing for the current Lakers is something he would enjoy anyway, and they gave him a $65M contract. I think that's enough appreciation for the guy.

my love for the lakers supercedes any player in it.
this trade benefits the lakers long term with full tank mode and probable higher draft pick.
we'll honor pau by retiring his jersey.
its the ugly side of business, but its still business, first and foremost.

He's off the books in less than 4 months if they do absolutely nothing. Eat his salary and let the man walk with dignity.

He helped win you 2 chips.

And the team will get a meaningless pick this draft and no pick next draft and load the roster with trash like this season. It'll be this season for the next 3 years minimum for 4 months of past his prime Pau....nah. Pass.

RT @ChrisBHaynes: X-Ray reveals #Blazers Nicolas Batum suffered broken left middle finger 76ers loss, source informs @CSNNW. But not major. Will play on it.

GREEAAAAATTTT
tumblr_l7n418DNCP1qb00y6o1_500.jpg

And the team will get a meaningless pick this draft and no pick next draft and load the roster with trash like this season. It'll be this season for the next 3 years minimum for 4 months of past his prime Pau....nah. Pass.

Whatever we get for Pau from this deal ain't gonna fix the draft pick situation, long term.

Didn't the Cavs say they weren't giving up any picks?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Pau to cavs would work out for Celts imo. He'll elevate the cavs, and if the lakers can keep hangin in there somehow until kobe gets back it'll be all good.

Whatever we get for Pau from this deal ain't gonna fix the draft pick situation, long term.

Didn't the Cavs say they weren't giving up any picks?

Gotta start somewhere and being really shitty this season will go a long way towards that. Plus it was gonna get ugly when Mitch and Jim told him to play for peanuts or leave while Kobe is flying to practice in solid gold helicopters.

Gotta start somewhere and being really shitty this season will go a long way towards that. Plus it was gonna get ugly when Mitch and Jim told him to play for peanuts or leave while Kobe is flying to practice in solid gold helicopters.

Ok, this made me laugh and lightened the mood a bit.Man, this shit is why I hate David Stern. If not for his bullshit, we likely have CP3, Kobe and Bynum (or maybe Howard) as our nucleus, and no D'Antoni. No fucking way.

With CP3 and one of those bigs, we don't go into full rebuild like we are now.

Stern literally changed the course of our team for the next 10 years.

I don't give a fuck who we sign or how many chips--I will forever be salty over that shit.

Sam Amick
Sam Amick @sam_amick about 19 minutes ago
Final tidbit: sides far enough apart that fill-in players to make $ work not discussed. Cavs' offer to include 2nd rounder not enough.

Folks on my facebook feed saying Jim needs to go if Pau leaves for Bynum, others talking like Bynum is gonna suit up and play for LA.

MG]http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltpeojURtT1r4ghkoo1_400.gif[/IMG]

admit it brah, you've added certain lakersground members to your fb.

Ok, this made me laugh and lightened the mood a bit.Man, this shit is why I hate David Stern. If not for his bullshit, we likely have CP3, Kobe and Bynum (or maybe Howard) as our nucleus, and no D'Antoni. No fucking way.

I don't give a fuck who we sign or how many chips--I will forever be salty over that shit.

im just as salty as you brah,
i have a feeling stern will gift us a high lottery pick before he retires.

To be fair, Stern works for the owners, and the league owned the team at the time, and they were like "wait - why are we building another unbeatable dynasty in LA?" Which is kind of a fair question. The trade talks continued, but in the end it was the Lakers who pulled out rather than pay the asking price.

Pau to cavs would work out for Celts imo. He'll elevate the cavs, and if the lakers can keep hangin in there somehow until kobe gets back it'll be all good.

Kobe ain't gonna be back for a while. Lakers gonna make sure he and Nash miss enough games so that insurance will cover their contracts for this season.

"we'll save you tons by taking on Gasol's contract...and this will also 'help' your team secure a good pick in this year's draft...and in our package we'll include Andrew Bynum who will evaporate off your books saving you additional money...and leave a hole in your roster which will contribute to getting a good pick in the draft...and a 2nd round pick..."

and Mitch stares at him like:

sZd9zIO.gif

Mitch's requirements for this trade is gonna undue all the hard work that Chris Grant's stupid is doing.

To be fair, Stern works for the owners, and the league owned the team at the time, and they were like "wait - why are we building another unbeatable dynasty in LA?" Which is kind of a fair question. The trade talks continued, but in the end it was the Lakers who pulled out rather than pay the asking price.

Laker's fans will never stop believing in the conspiracy that robbed them of CP3. He was their BIRTHRIGHT.

pilonv1

Laker's fans will never stop believing in the conspiracy that robbed them of CP3. He was their BIRTHRIGHT.

Even when they get a top 3 pick this year (which they will, because the lottery is rigged) they'll feel slighted in some way.

"Wiggins belonged to us, all we've got is this lousy Randle"

Even when they get a top 3 pick this year (which they will, because the lottery is rigged) they'll feel slighted in some way.

"Wiggins belonged to us, all we've got is this lousy Randle"

Then they'll just count down the days until he's a FA and assume he's gonna be a Laker like Dwight, er Lebron, er...

Chris Grant is amazing.
I read that shit like 3 times as I could not believe Grant offered Bynum and a 2nd rounder for a guy that is done and gone in 4 months.

Just cut Bynum and tank, why bother doing all this shit lol.

Its also just as unbelievable to me that Mitch said no to it. Or maybe he is bluffing. Just testing if Cavs will sweeten the deal.

Top Bottom