• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

I read that shit like 3 times as I could not believe Grant offered Bynum and a 2nd rounder for a guy that is done and gone in 4 months.

Just cut Bynum and tank, why bother doing all this shit lol.

Its also just as unbelievable to me that Mitch said no to it. Or maybe he is bluffing. Just testing if Cavs will sweeten the deal.

Only thing I can think of is that they want to get somebody to help them squeak into the playoffs so they can show Kyrie they're "committed to winning."

Spooks

Only thing I can think of is that they want to get somebody to help them squeak into the playoffs so they can show Kyrie they're "committed to winning."
Nothing says committed to winning like trading for 50 year old pau gasol and limping into the 8th seed only to get swept by the pacers. I hate this team.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If the Cavs cut him they are on the hook for 12 mil next year too

If they get Pau it clears cap space...

The Cavs are a -6 team right now. Even if Pau still is a positive force (which I doubt) and is replacing guys like Bynum who are worse than replacement level, it seems unlikely that they can even get to -2 for the rest of the year which would lead to them probably still being too terrible to make the playoffs. They're pretty terrible and can definitely be in the mix for a top 3 pick so I don't know how aggressively they should be going after veterans right now.

IWMTB i know you love Sanders but im glad we got Favors for the same price

Yeah, Favors' contract looks really nice now.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
This might be a bit old, but do you think Chris Paul injured himself because he was flopping? It looks to me like there was contact from Monta, but Paul really tries to sell the contact and sell the fall. He looks like he's more focused on flailing his arms than breaking his fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxnTh6kMHE

If anything, DeAndre's terrible moving pick caused the collision.

It looks like he did his usual "head snap and arm flail" flop but then realized "oh shit I really am falling" and didn't properly brace his fall.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Its really hard to say because getting caught on screens can lead to a lot of shoulder injuries for both the defense and offense.

It looks like he didn't brace for the fall properly because he was still in flopcopter mode but...

well, he shouldn't be flopping so much.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Chris Paul has the worst center of gravity of any basketball player. You'd think he work on building his calf muscles up.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Yeah, they were pretty good a couple of weeks ago. They even won against the Pacers on the road.

The Monroe trade rumors screwed everything up. He's going to be a great 6 fouls for a playoff contender.

giri

Nothing says committed to winning like trading for 50 year old pau gasol and limping into the 8th seed only to get swept by the pacers. I hate this team.

I love that they did a whole bunch of these dumb win now moves for LBJ, and apparently haven't learnt.

Though i guess a 2nd rounder isn't really going to make or break the franchise.

Ok I'll bite. Dwight is the best player on this squad and I think they would win it.

Dwight
Ryan Anderson
Thaddeus Young
Eric Gordon
Kyle Lowry

That's not a championship team. Dwight's offense is too limited to be the alpha dog on a title team. The Rockets only chance at a title was going to be if Harden took that leap into elite LBJ/KD territory and Dwight became his #2 but now we've learned James ain't about that life.

filler

Banned
Did this really happen? lol

iRGEN2NuKeiJV.gif

Top Bottom