• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Of those, only Bennett is an outright awful pick; it's just sad that they've had 4 top 4 picks in 3 years and still can't sniff the playoffs.

Waiters is absolutely a terrible pick because of who they could've had instead in that position - and how he didn't even work out for anyone. Thompson is merely okay. Its not so much Kawhi as it is Val and their reasoning for it was beyond silly. Its not sad, its embarrassing.

giri

Of those, only Bennett is an outright awful pick; it's just sad that they've had 4 top 4 picks in 3 years and still can't sniff the playoffs.

IS it?

Talent takes time to develop and adjust to winning in the NBA. And then it takes good coaching to develop that, and bring in a winning culture. And all through that, you have to be making sure you're getting in the role players you need around them.

They haven't been bad at drafting talent, but their coaching hires have been pretty bad.

Mike brown to Byron to Mike brown... those aren't coaches you look at and go "oh yeah, top tier" or "good development coach".

Some times it amazes me how long some of these bad coaches hang around in the NBA. I know Mike Brown interviews amazingly well, but by now, surely, everyone knows he's not really a head coach.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
It's always good when your team scores 70 points in a half against a bad Eastern Conference team and you still aren't confident in them winning. Even with a large lead the bench has been so inept at scoring that it feels hardly secure at all if you rest your starters (in the 4th at least).

Edit: The bench has been pretty good in the 1st half, but I still don't have much confidence in them as of late.

But Turiaf is playing tonight! I'm so excited! I know Shved is garbage, though, so I'm not taking this game to mean anything.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Cavs drafting history is sad.

2013 #1 Bennet
2012 #4 Dion Waiters...at least they didn't take TRob, Austin Rivers or Royce White and Waiters could be good if he develops.....too bad about that Coach tho.
2011 #1 Kyrie Irving. HEY! they got one. He's made of glass but, he's undeniably pretty good at basketball.
2011 #4 Tristan Thompson...draft was weak in general hard to blame them too much for passing up on Klay or Kawhi...but let's do it anyway.
But what about that dude named Lebron. I've heard that he's pretty good at basketball.

Parsons knee better be okay. Thankfully the MRI was negative.

I'm such a damn jinx though. Change my avatar to Parsons and ordered a Parsons jersey last week and now this shit smh

A week after I changed my avatar during the 2012 post season to Shump, he tore his ACL.

Changed my avatar to Steve Novak the following season after a hot game, dude forgot how to shoot for the rest of the season

No more team avvys for me

Cavs drafting history is sad.

2013 #1 Bennet
2012 #4 Dion Waiters...at least they didn't take TRob, Austin Rivers or Royce White and Waiters could be good if he develops.....too bad about that Coach tho.
2011 #1 Kyrie Irving. HEY! they got one. He's made of glass but, he's undeniably pretty good at basketball.
2011 #4 Tristan Thompson...draft was weak in general hard to blame them too much for passing up on Klay or Kawhi...but let's do it anyway.

The Edmonton Oilers of basketball.

pilonv1

At least Adam Morrison was the next Bird.

What was Anthony Bennett supposed to be?

igBsAeJc8SXGp.png

ibwVoIaMSCFKwX.png

Prime Rodney Rogers was awesome, he doesn't deserve this. Bennett isn't even Pig Miller good.

Smaller and shittier Othella/Sweetney is a better comparison.

diehard

Fleer
yall bein too hard on Bennett.

Never judge rookies that harshly. Well unless they only got into the NBA because their dad is a coach.

giri

The suns still have 23 games against the East.

The most such games among west Teams.

There is no chance the suns don't finish well over .500.

Chris Sheridan ‏@sheridanhoops 6m
Memo to #Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak: Stop haggling and start tanking

I know it was blatantly obvious that Sheridan was a terrible "journalist" after his antics last year, but holy shit he's dropped to gamefaqs tier now

Top Bottom