• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Pimpwerx

Cavs suck. Deng? WTF is he going to do for them? They need a major shakeup in management and coaching. That team is going nowhere until them. Also, Chicago is officially in tank mode, right? PEACE.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Bulls fans want the tank! Jabariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

We were going to lose Deng for nothing. Plus we get 3 picks? Good job Garpax!

Kellen

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 3m
The Cavs should have insisted that Thibodeau and Mike Brown were also included in the trade.

Starting to wonder why the Cavs think struggling for a beat down at the hands of the Heat/Pacers/Raptors is better than another shot at the tank with a competent front office this time. Deng is a great player, but this was a -6 team before the trade.

giri

Starting to wonder why the Cavs think struggling for a beat down at the hands of the Heat/Pacers/Raptors is better than another shot at the tank with a competent front office this time. Deng is a great player, but this was a -6 team before the trade.

They're fools basically run by a panicking clown.

They're desperate to make sure kyrie doesn't leave ala LBJ, and create a stigma about the franchise.

That said, this instantly improves them. Playoffs bound they are.

lol.

Makes a lot of sense for the cavs.

Bulls seemed to be getting short end of this though.

It's a bit of a treadmill move all around except for Reinsdorf saving cash. Adding Deng to The Cavs may or may not get them to the playoffs, it's the east and everything but they're as far as away from the worst record int the league as they are from the 8th seed in the playoffs.

Agreed. They should have cut Bynum and let the cards fall as they may with this year's draft. They were/are in good position for a solid pick. Now they spent a few million for a chance at the playoffs and may miss out on talent that could substantially help them going forward.

Those picks suck and we'll never see the Kings pick. This was clearly a tank/cut payroll move. Boozer is a lame duck and he'll be amnestied after the year.

I'm guessing there's a greater than 50% chance Thibs is gone after the season as well now. I hope Paxson and Forman have a plan but I'm really worried they don't.

If Mrotic doesn't come next year and we can't get a big name to play with moody ass Rose, this team is back to basketball hell. I hope that love has told them off the record that he wants to play with Noah and Rose. :/

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Kings will just have to be out of the bottom 10 in '15, '16, or '17. Seems doable to me, they've got good young talent.

dalVlatko

Tanking for another season is definitely the "smart" thing to do if you are the Cavs but honestly I don't think I could take another season of phantom injuries and record losing streaks

At some point you have to build a winning culture around your team and even if it ends with a 0-4 sweep to the Pacers/Heat, at least it gives the players and the fans some hope.

Bulls could have gotten more than two trash picks for Deng. I'm surprised they didn't grab Waiters or something else worthwhile. Just a cheap ass move really, serves the tank and not much else which is fine when you're trading away scrubs but not an allstar wing player. Fuck maybe they'll luck out and draft a top player and they'll be in good shape when Rose comes back(doubt it).

It'd be great if they fuck around and still make the playoffs though in spite of their cheap owner.

Cavs get a player that pushes them over the top....of the lottery teams, they'll grab a playoff spot and get murked in the first round, which is the best they can hope for this season lol. I pray that they get matched up with Miami and LeBron goes in balls deep on them,

Kings will just have to be out of the bottom 10 in '15, '16, or '17. Seems doable to me, they've got good young talent.

I figure that Cousins has to turn into 2001 Shaq for that to happen. Between the Pelicans/Suns/Jazz/other fringe playoff teams a playoff spot will be hard to come by in the west.

Kellen

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
Luol Deng rejected a 3 year, $30 million extension with Bulls last week, league source tells Yahoo. Turned out to be prelude to trade.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I figure that Cousins has to turn into 2001 Shaq for that to happen. Between the Pelicans/Suns/Jazz/ a playoff spot will be hard to come by in the west.

They don't need a playoff spot, they just need to be out of the bottom 10. At this point of the season, they're only 3 games back of 11th worst team in the league. It's doable in the next 3 years.

thekad

Banned
Lakers lose again. Stuck with Pau, a botched tank, and a fat luxury tax bill :lol

Alright stupid Cavs, time to trade #assets for Asik.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
Luol Deng rejected a 3 year, $30 million extension with Bulls last week, league source tells Yahoo. Turned out to be prelude to trade.
It was a trap!. Also damn you Chicago.
Edit: thought I read he agreed lol.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball 5m
If the Bobcats make the three-seed, Bulls could have max room, Mirotic, two draft picks and the ability to trade that Cavs 2015 swap. ZOINKS

Top Bottom