• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

LuchaShaq

Banned
Would you guys consider a perimeter player with a career 60.8% TS a "great" shooter?

They'd be in the top 30ish of TS% in the league.

Would have to know their track record and if this particular season seems to be an aberration positively or negatively.

My initial reaction is yes.

edit: ohhh career

Probably? Unless this number is due to ft volume and they suck at but never shoot 3s.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Melo and Chandler are the only two players on the roster who would average over 10 mpg on a good team.

Hell after them they only have like 3 guys who could be even a 12th man on another team.

Nah the Knicks have dealt with injuries all season to core players and effort has been an issues all season as well. Plus the coach is fucking up rotations. Murray and Thard deserve more minutes than JR.

Even with all that. I still say the knicks make it too the playoffs, they are just 4 games out of 8th seed. They are about to enter the easiest part of their schedule (they played a lot of good teams early) I like the odds of them making real stride into the late seeds since Tyson, shump and Murray should not let PG's feast like they were early.

diehard

Fleer
It was Stockton, Mark Jackson said he wasn't a great shooter which is just kinda odd to me. Not one of the best ever or anything but i still think he is a pretty great shooter

giri

It was Stockton, Mark Jackson said he wasn't a great shooter which is just kinda odd to me. Not one of the best ever or anything but i still think he is a pretty great shooter

He never attempted a lot of 3pt shots in any year, but averaged .386 for his career. And averaged over .800 on his FT's.

So he's nothing if not good. Great? Hmm.

That career 2pt % of .541 doe.

diehard

Fleer
The year he took the most 3's he shot 45%. I wish he had used the 3 more often as opposed to just a bailout shot on a expiring shotclock and on the break to get a 2 for 1 though.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/07/s...y-come-for-an-aba-team-that-is-long-gone.html

League finally came to a payout deal with the owners of the Spirits of St. Louis. Still one of the craziest things ever.
The Silnas are to receive a $500 million upfront payment, financed through a private placement of notes by JPMorgan Chase and Merrill Lynch, according to three people with direct knowledge of the agreement. The deal would end the enormous perpetual payments and settle a lawsuit filed in federal court by the Silnas that demanded additional compensation from sources of television revenue that did not exist in 1976, including NBA TV, foreign broadcasting of games and League Pass, the service that lets fans watch out-of-market games.

What the fuck

Pretty sure Waiters will be killed by Thibs within 25 games.

That or the Bulls were cheap enough to ditch Deng just for tax savings.

edit: Just the Bulls being cheap, Waiters lives for now.

Acquiring a borderline all-star for nothing is great. Not sure why they were interested in Pau in the first place if they could get Deng though...

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN
The Cavs turned 24 games of Andrew Bynum into an All-Star small forward in Deng. The Bulls will save $15M+, get below tax, get future 1st.

Woah

That pick from the Kings is never going to materialize either:

Cleveland Cavaliers: Receives Sacramento Kings 2014 first-round pick (1-12 protected in 2014, 1-10 in 2015 and 2016, second-round pick in 56-60 range in 2017, extinguished thereafter) via J.J. Hickson trade on 6/30/11.

Assuming Deng takes the minutes of replacement level players (which Bynum and Gee are) and is still a great player, that moves them pretty close to mediocrity so they should make the playoffs in the East.

That pick from the Kings is never going to materialize either:

Assuming Deng takes the minutes of replacement level players (which Bynum and Gee are) and is still a great player, that moves them pretty close to mediocrity so they should make the playoffs in the East.

so basically the Kings have to make the playoffs sometime in the next 3 years for that pick to be cashed in? LOL

Top Bottom