• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Also now the Boozer sweepstakes begin. He would fit in great with the Knicks.

assuming Boozer is amnestied, an under the cap team will bid on him quite obviously. Why not? Boozer is totally worth $3 million for a single season.

Oh god, he's going to become a Laker, isn't he? I can see it no.

Marshall
Kobe
Deng
Boozer
Embid

Mik317

dude....

you show up saying that you had called this trade awhile ago...

and then when given proof that you were in fact against said trade...you say "oh that doesn't count because reasons".

really?

Take your L and move on.

Kellen

RDFP9wy.png

Also -

Deng finishes his Bulls' career as the 4th-leading scorer in franchise history behind Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Bob Love.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
dude....

and then when given proof that you were in fact against said trade...you say "oh that doesn't count because reasons".

really?

Take your L and move on.

Cavs are taking enough Ls so he doesn't have to.

dude....

really?

Take your L and move on.

dude...

I merely stated that it was possible Deng would get flipped for Bynum. Me being against the trade is irrelevant, I was rediculed for even suggesting what has happened as a possibility.

really?

Learn the whole story and move on

Cavs are taking enough Ls so he doesn't have to.

Another zinger! I bet all your buddies are cracking up at that one!

You sure got me man, I get so bent out of shape over a game where I cannot impact the outcome...it's hard to eat and sleep sometimes. Thanks for lightening the mood though, I appreciate it dude :)

Mik317

dude...

I merely stated that it was possible Deng would get flipped for Bynum. Me being against the trade is irrelevant, I was rediculed for even suggesting what has happened as a possibility.

really?

Learn the whole story and move on

...I don't remember anyone ridiculing you for it tho.

Its just that you came in the thread on some I CALLED IT stuff. When all you did was bitch about it...and in fact you yourself said IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN because it was dumb.

how is that calling it?

Mik317

I don't want Brown gone, he deserves a longer leash.

Yes, I realize I have flipped my position.

That would be supremely stupid, Deng is expiring and we're not paying him 8-10M a year to resign. Instead of trading for an aging wing with a ton of minutes who MIGHT push us into a 7/8 seed, why not tank?

For the last time, we're not trading for Luol Deng. It doesn't make sense when he's on an expiring deal. If we wiff on LeBron in free agency he'll still be around and we wouldn't have moved anything to get him.

It's not going to happen, speculate all you want though.

But you called it doe

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So wait in the bynum deal is it 1 first and two seconds? And considering its the cavs how long until the top 14 restriction comes off?

Bulls robbed the cavs regardless though.

reilo

So wait in the bynum deal is it 1 first and two seconds? And considering its the cavs how long until the top 14 restriction comes off?

Bulls robbed the cavs regardless though.

Top 10 restricted in '15 and '16, and it's the Kings' pick.

Most likely scenario? Deng walks this off-season, and Bulls get another lottery pick to play with. Cavs will have ended up trading Bynum for literally nothing and given up a first rounder in the process.

...I don't remember anyone ridiculing you for it tho.

Its just that you came in the thread on some I CALLED IT stuff. When all you did was bitch about it...and in fact you yourself said IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN because it was dumb.

how is that calling it?
I was never ridiculed? Ahaha, you must be new here. If you haven't noticed yet, that's the cool thing to do. You'll learn.

Reilo has conveniently forgotten to quote my posts where I said Chicago was a potential trade destination for Bynum; instead choosing to pick a few of me lamenting the trade (for sound reasons) to fit his narrative...you know, skewing history.

I'm on mobile and honestly don't care enough to go back through my posts and show the whole story of what I said. What's the point? To win an internet argument with a bunch of strangers who already have formed an opinion I won't change? Really, who cares? That's why I'm laughing at the effort some people go through to discredit others and how some 'sheep' for lack of a better term, gobble it all up as fact. It stopped bothering me, that's why I'm not resorting to calling people clowns haha.

THRILLH0

Banned
Is Gucci a rookie or a somebody who got kado'd?

Dude I haven't been here in a minute but I can see you wearing fucking clownshoes.

Oh yeah, fuck this trade, fuck this season and fuck the Bulls.

reilo

I'm the one skewing shit... lmao.

Dude I haven't been here in a minute but I can see you wearing fucking clownshoes.

NeoCav. Formerly MVP Pioneer. Formerly MCXC Pioneer before then. Wearing clownshoes since birth.

Clown shoes haha! You're right man I wear a size 16! Good personal attack, I'm sure everyone here will like you :)

reilo

He tries so hard to make it seem like it doesn't bother him, but he can't hide the Drake tears.

Gucci Messiah the type of poster that would congratulate others on making fun of him.

Geneijin

I'm on mobile and honestly don't care enough to go back through my posts and show the whole story of what I said. What's the point? To win an internet argument with a bunch of strangers who already have formed an opinion I won't change? Really, who cares? That's why I'm laughing at the effort some people go through to discredit others and how some 'sheep' for lack of a better term, gobble it all up as fact. It stopped bothering me, that's why I'm not resorting to calling people clowns haha.
The effort it takes to discredit you is less than the Cavs chances at passing the first round.

Bond007

As a diehard Bulls its a sad day. I have to appreciate what hes done for the team over the years and what has always been said about being a great teammate.
Gonna miss the guy and it will be weird not having him anymore.

That being said i think it was the right move.
Heres hoping Thibs doesnt have a meltdown and Rose isnt somewhat onboard. Either way, fuck em if they dont like it. Its whats best for the team long term success.

Mik317

You are being ridiculed because you seem to be incapable of admitting you were wrong.

You can't expect people not to clown you after you show up exclaiming that you called something when 1. You didn't. 2. You repeatedly said it would never happened. And now you are scrambling to cover your ass instead of just going "well fuck...that thing I said never would happen...happened." and take your lumps and move the fuck on.

Instead you are just making shit worse....

Zeus Molecules

It's the Kings 1st rounder, not Cavs.

Top 10 restricted in '15 and '16, and it's the Kings' pick.

Most likely scenario? Deng walks this off-season, and Bulls get another lottery pick to play with. Cavs will have ended up trading Bynum for literally nothing and given up a first rounder in the process.

Ahh ok bulls got off on this deal. Congrats Bulls age on getting something good for an expiring.

Cav's can't draft for shit unless its obvious
(like OD fucking obvious)
so I understand them trying to get a known commodity in a player, but Deng still wants to get paid and some years.... In my opinion this is a playoff push move to try to keep kyrie's faith in the organization . If they make it and make some noise there, the cavs pay Deng "for veteran leadership" and hope kyrie bites......

Its not a bad strategy but, I feel like that was the strategy with keeping Lebron too though and they were going deep in the playoffs with Lebron.

thekad

Banned
This makes the Bulls an interesting spot for Love if they think Rose can come back healthy. In the summer they can trade Taj, Mirotic, their own lottery pick, the Hornets pick, the Kings pick, and the better of their or the Cavs 2015 pick for Love and build around a Rose/Butler/someone/Love/Noah lineup.

That's a decent rebuilding package for a guy about to leave.

He tries so hard to make it seem like it doesn't bother him, but he can't hide the Drake tears.

Gucci Messiah the type of poster that would congratulate others on making fun of him.

Haha! I'm listening to 'So Far Gone' while you repeatedly call me a clown over the internet and crying, only Drake knows the depths of my sadness and yearning for acceptance by strangers on a video game forum. Clearly I am torn on the inside. You're too funny man :)

The effort it takes to discredit you is less than the Cavs chances at passing the first round.

AY-OHHH!

I agree, especially with JJ jacking up long contested 2's, Bennett somehow out sucking Kwame Brown, Waiters being a disgruntled volume scorer, Clark stepping out of bounds, and Zeller getting bullied inside the paint like a child.

You are being ridiculed because you seem to be incapable of admitting you were wrong.

You can't expect people not to clown you after you show up exclaiming that you called something when 1. You didn't. 2. You repeatedly said it would never happened. And now you are scrambling to cover your ass instead of just going "well fuck...that thing I said never would happen...happened." and take your lumps and move the fuck on.

Instead you are just making shit worse....

Haha, okay buddy :)

Zeus Molecules

This makes the Bulls an interesting spot for Love if they think Rose can come back healthy. In the summer they can trade Taj, Mirotic, their own lottery pick, the Hornets pick, the Kings pick, and the better of their or the Cavs 2015 pick for Love and build around a Rose/Butler/someone/Love/Noah lineup.

That's a decent rebuilding package for a guy about to leave.

Nah I think with Rose's injury history they are going for youth again. Between the owners overall cheapness and the fact they are just shedding salaries (and are pretty good at drafting) I don't know if they invest in this era further. If they do it right they could have a young talent around Noah and rose and their great coach well before Noah and Rose are done while building for the future as well.

thekad

Banned
Nah I think with Rose's injury history they are going for youth again. Between the owners overall cheapness and the fact they are just shedding salaries (and are pretty good at drafting) I don't know if they invest in this era further. If they do it right they could have a young talent around Noah and rose and their great coach well before Noah and Rose are done.

Well, I hope they start tearing it down so Thibs can negotiate a buyout and come back to Houston, but they're definitely poised for a quick reload.

Had a little more time to think about this. Bulls were probably going to let Deng go/lose him this summer anyways, this just helps the tank even more this year. I liked Deng. He's a good person and ball player. He can drive you crazy at times though with awful ball handling and other nit picks. He's not worth $15 million a year. On a championship team, he'd be the third best player. I'm curious to see who the hell is going to go for Bynum now. Lakers are out, right? I assume they could have only picked him up in the trade they were trying for?

Zeus Molecules

Well, I hope they start tearing it down so Thibs can negotiate a buyout and come back to Houston, but they're definitely poised for a quick reload.

Why would he go to Houston? He saw what they do to guys who come to Chicago.... They say its all good then they switch it on you and refuse to let you leave.

All jokes aside I think he stays in Chicago if they keep those picks they are more in a reshuffle than a reboot. They still got Noah and Rose to build around and that's always been the core. Add taj and butler and the reshuffle isn't even that crazy.

linsivvi

Had a little more time to think about this. Bulls were probably going to let Deng go/lose him this summer anyways, this just helps the tank even more this year. I liked Deng. He's a good person and ball player. He can drive you crazy at times though with awful ball handling and other nit picks. He's not worth $15 million a year. On a championship team, he'd be the third best player. I'm curious to see who the hell is going to go for Bynum now. Lakers are out, right? I assume they could have only picked him up in the trade they were trying for?

They were trying to waive him too. Nobody who wanted to trade for him wanted to keep him. He's just a piece of meat for shredding salary.

#assets

The Lakers were trying to deal Pau for Bynum and picks or young assets so they could cut him or use his expiring deal as trade bait, it was a salary dump measure to avoid going into the luxury tax again. That would've triggered the 'repeater tax' and constrained their financial flexibility going forward.

They probably won't sign him after Chicago waves his butt. He can't get up and down the court very well, doesn't fit D'Antoni's system.

Bond007

Nah I think with Rose's injury history they are going for youth again. Between the owners overall cheapness and the fact they are just shedding salaries (and are pretty good at drafting) I don't know if they invest in this era further. If they do it right they could have a young talent around Noah and rose and their great coach well before Noah and Rose are done while building for the future as well.

Yea, not happening yet. This is a retool.
The Bulls spend when they need to spend

reilo

Bulls had a pretty good offense before their cheap owner let everyone walk and Rose's knees became jello.

They were 11th in ORtg and 23rd in Pace in '11 and won 62 games. And outside of losing Korver, their roster hasn't changed much since then.

Thibs offense, at least when the squad is healthy, isn't much different from Nate McMillan's Brandon Roy teams, as far as I can remember. I might be wrong though.

Zeus Molecules

Yea, not happening yet. This is a retool.
The Bulls spend when they need to spend

I don't know man that owner is cheap and rose is injury prone now. A retool implied that the bulls is willing to pay a second max to go alongside the max contract on the roster now that might miss more games on his contract than games he actually plays. Its a viable strategy but its risky ands its not cheap.

Bond007

Given their cap restraints what could they really do, honestly?
Sure....they arent huge players when it comes to trades and that can be annoying.

Wwaiving Bynum and Amnesy Boozer...they could be players here soon

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
If this were the MLB thread and we were talking about the Chicago White Sox, this would be a great post!

Bulls have been in the top 5 salary wise last few years. They spent, they just spent in the wrong place. Had drose not gotten injured I think they would have kept the team together.

That luxury repeater tax is a bitch with the new cba.

As a diehard Bulls its a sad day. I have to appreciate what hes done for the team over the years and what has always been said about being a great teammate.
Gonna miss the guy and it will be weird not having him anymore.

That being said i think it was the right move.
Heres hoping Thibs doesnt have a meltdown and Rose isnt somewhat onboard. Either way, fuck em if they dont like it. Its whats best for the team long term success.

I kind of feel the same way. At least now though we will be able to see what Snell is capable of. I thought it was hilarious as soon as they got everyone back (sans Rose of course) Snell went right back to being pretty much benched. Thibs lost his guy, but I don't think he will change. Give him five people who have never played basketball before and he would say they could win a title. This was a good move for the future obviously, but I am sad we didn't get to see what the Bulls could really do with this group. Injuries have absolutely ruined the last three years for us though sadly. I think it's pretty clear Boozer will be amnestied since Gibson has done so well and with the European dude on the way.

Bond007

This team is still very much Rose's team. Bulls have to plan within his contract for now, there really isnt any other option.
He looked fundamentaly good upon his return minus rust and we Bulls fans can only pray looks just as good upon return...with rust of course.

Keep building around Rose, keep Noah and lets go after Kevin Love. lol
Who knows what The Bulls are planning. They could use all the picks for a future trade/draft....assets for a Melo trade? Who knows, they clearly want to be in the mix of things imo.

Bond007

Bulls have been in the top 5 salary wise last few years. They spent, they just spent in the wrong place. Had drose not gotten injured I think they would have kept the team together.

That luxury repeater tax is a bitch with the new cba.

Exactly, the Bulls come off as cheap....but i dont entirely see it that way.
Given the circumstances they have done a decent job. Injuries have a way of jackin stuff up somehow lol

Top Bottom