• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Bowser

You really think it would take that much? What would the Bulls offer be, Gibson and 16?

Not sure if it would take that much. I've seen reports of 9 and Henderson for Afflalo. I'd like to keep a lottery pick if possible which is why I think we should throw in 24 to get 12. I don't mind giving up Henderson - he's a marginal player. Solid, but he isn't a good enough shooter to space the floor when we've got Kemba, MKG and Big Al on the court all at the same time. Afflalo is.

that depends on where lebron ends up

Lebron isn't leaving the Heat. Riley threatened to make Lebron look like a coward. So how are the Heat not going to continue to decline with players like Wade etc.? 4 finals in 4 years. I predict if Melo comes to Bulls, maybe the Bulls will be the team to get Vet ring chasers.

Bowser

I do think if Melo goes to the Bulls and they swing a trade for Afflalo, they are East favorites, even if all of the Big 3 re-up.

Rose/Afflalo/Melo/Gibson/Noah > Chalmers or Cole/Wade/LeBron/Bosh/Andersen

Easily.

I do think if Melo goes to the Bulls and they swing a trade for Afflalo, they are East favorites, even if all of the Big 3 re-up.

Easily.

Has Ray Alllen given any hints to whether he's retiring, staying with the Heat, or thinking about going to another team?

wonder how many Knicks fans will burn their Melo jerseys
usually happens now a days :p

Melo x LeBron to the Lakers with Klay D:

Has Ray Alllen given any hints to whether he's retiring, staying with the Heat, or thinking about going to another team?

he said he needs to see where his heart is which i interpreted as "I'll wait til LeBron, Wade and Bosh make their decision", hes not gonna play for a rebuilding/only wade heat team

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Easily.

I think the Affalo rumors is more a sign the bulls are trying to get a third team involved in a Anthony trade than anything else. The knicks said they didn't want boozer not that they didn't want anything.

Edit: I did the math (unlike bill Simmons) and its not even feasible Affalo and Melo can both come over and the bulls can keep Taj unless Melo starting salary is like 11 million

Bowser

I think the Affalo rumors is more a sign the bulls are trying to get a third team involved in a Anthony trade than anything else. The knicks said they didn't want boozer not that they didn't want anything.

Not according to Simmons:

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons · 2h
NBA peeps are worried about the Bulls right now. A starting 5 of Rose, Afflalo, Carmelo, Taj + Noah w/ Butler as 6th man is VERY doable.

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons · 2h
FYI - Bulls could trade Boozer's expiring + 16 + 19 to Orlando for Afflalo and 2 waivable deals. Then use Mirotic to dump Snell/Dunleavy.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Not according to Simmons:

I literally did the math simmons is wrong he didn't add cap holds, what he is saying is what some bull fans (who did add the caphold) said could be done to bring Melo over at 18 million and possibly keep Taj, But if you add Affalo's salary of 7.5 that means Melo would need to take around 11 starting.

no way is Melo cutting his salary in half, The Affalo rumor is likely the bulls trying to find pieces to send to the knicks.

I think this Melo deal is going to be bigger than a lot of people are expecting. But Melo is a big name so that shouldn't be a surprise

I think Klay's great, but realistically speaking, you're not giving the max to both Steph and Klay. So if you're going to have to choose between one, the answer is Steph and you move Klay to get another big-time player, and that guy is Love.

GSW needs to pull the trigger.

Who the fuck thinks Klay is more than a 12 mil per player? Klay doesnt believe that and his dad is going to talk him away from freely going to a shit team to get paid more.

Warriors should extend Klay for 4 years, 44 million to help wash the taste of disgust out of Steph and Andre's mouth.

Bowser

Who the fuck thinks Klay is more than a 12 mil per player? Klay doesnt believe that and his dad is going to talk him away from freely going to a shit team to get paid more.

Warriors should extend Klay for 4 years, 44 million to help wash the taste of disgust out of Steph and Andre's mouth.

Um, Klay does? All reports are that he will seek the max when he hits free agency.

Um, Klay does? All reports are that he will seek the max when he hits free agency.

Link me a report. Just one that isnt complete speculation.

I see waaaaaaay more saying he ISN'T a max deal player. He's a vital piece to a contending team (Kawhi Leonard) but he's no max deal guy.

Bowser

Link me a report. Just one that isnt complete speculation.

I see waaaaaaay more saying he ISN'T a max deal player. He's a vital piece to a contending team (Kawhi Leonard) but he's no max deal guy.

Of course every report is speculation. That's the definition of a report. The only way it's not speculation is if Klay came out and said, "Yeah I'm looking for max money" which of course he's not gonna do. But here's something:

1–So what’s Klay Thompson worth?

On the open market: A lot. That’s what I’m hearing from various NBA sources, as Thompson and the Warriors set up talks for his rookie-deal extension this summer.

If Thompson continues on his current pace of performance and finds himself hitting free agency any time soon, he’d be a monster commodity, possibly drawing multiple offers near or at the max for his service time. (Think: Eric Gordon a few years ago.)

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...payroll-crush-which-the-players-are-noticing/

Also, Woj's source said he's seeking the max and Woj's sources tend to have pretty impeccable records:

Thompson, who is slated to become a restricted free agent in 2015, would be open to going to Minnesota because he believes it would increase his chances of getting a maximum contract, the source said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It doesn't matter if he's worth the max or not, all that matters is one team to talk themselves into believing he's worth the max.

He's not signing for less than what Eric Gordon got, at least not unless his agent is completely incompetent. Not saying he's worth that, just saying that someone out there will give it to him.

Of course every report is speculation. That's the definition of a report. The only way it's not speculation is if Klay came out and said, "Yeah I'm looking for max money" which of course he's not gonna do. But here's something:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...payroll-crush-which-the-players-are-noticing/

It doesn't matter if he's worth the max or not, all that matters is one team to talk themselves into believing he's worth the max.

And MY speculation is...
1. Jerry West, Steve Kerr and Steph want Klay on the team.
2. Klay's dad is going to try and talk Klay into staying with Golden State unless the Lakers come calling.
3. The Warriors owner will lock up the home grown talent

Your speculation is
Klay " Money,money,money"

Agree to disagree.

Bowser

And MY speculation is...
2. Klay's dad is going to try and talk Klay into staying with Golden State unless the Lakers come calling.

Your speculation is

Agree to disagree.

My speculation is athletes will always look out for themselves first. Yours is the guy will leave money on the table due to a sense of loyalty. History says I'm usually right.

Agree to disagree.

And MY speculation is...

Your speculation is

Agree to disagree.

Guys who are 23 years old and about to sign their first (and maybe last?) big money contract don't usually leave money on the table or give hometown discounts.

Bowser

Guys who are 23 years old and about to sign their first (and maybe last?) big money contract don't usually leave money on the table or give hometown discounts.

Exactly. I don't want to hear about guys like Howard, Bron, Melo, Wade, etc. who are theoretically "leaving money on the table." Those guys have made their money and more than make up for their reduced contracts through endorsement deals. Klay has only made rookie money and as far as I know has no big money endorsements to note.

He's going to get paid. He'd be a fool to accept anything less than Gordon money at the absolute least.

Exactly. I don't want to hear about guys like Howard, Bron, Melo, Wade, etc. who are theoretically "leaving money on the table." Those guys have made their money and more than make up for their reduced contracts through endorsement deals. Klay has only made rookie money and as far as I know has no big money endorsements to note.

He's going to get paid. He'd be a fool to accept anything less than Gordon money at the absolute least.

Nor should he. I never understood the idea that a millionaire (the player) should take less money in order to make things easier for the billionaire (the owner). Same thing happened when people criticized Harden for not taking a below market deal to stay in OKC just to help Clay Bennett save some $$$ in cap tax.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I need a gif of Jameson laughing his ass off from the Spider-man movies (don't know which one) ready to go to spam twitter when Carmelo signs with the Bulls.

Bowser

I need a gif of Jameson laughing his ass off from the Spider-man movies (don't know which one) ready to go to spam twitter when Carmelo signs with the Bulls.

giphy.gif

other great laughing gifs:

rULL3.gif

Wti6M.gif

jwhit28

It's sad to see what has become of the Shooting Guard and Center spot in the NBA considering those were the premier positions in the league for most of my childhood. At least Big Al exist.

Joeki11a

Banned
27pts
6 reb
45% FG
40% 3FG

Yeah Im not sure who would think that would help a Bulls team starving for offense.

You do realize he is an actual loser right?
This guy is the worst player in nba playoff
History.

The game is about winning, he hasnt won a damn thing and has lose more than any player in the history of the nba, repeat in the history of the nba playoffs. You posting worthless ballhog stats and not his real personal win/lost stats makes me laugh.

Top Bottom