• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

alba

Little is the new Big
Woah, you're alba from /r/ChicagoBulls? I'm on there basically every day.

Awesome job with the re-design, by the way.

Yep, that's me. I'm there way too much all day every day :D I made a custom GAF flair on there, PM me your username and I'll assign it to you. I added it to CreepingFear already. BullsGAF assemble!

If the reports of NY not taking Boozer are true and the Bulls can't find a way to do a three team deal or something. Love doesn't not make the Bulls a championship contender alone, he'd be side grade from Boozer, and now the Bulls wouldn't have Taj coming off the bench, possibly Mirotic who doesn't appear to rebound or defend very well. I'd be fine with getting Love if the Bulls could get Melo as well, but I don't want him alone if they lose Taj.
Plenty of creative ways to get both apparently (even though it's a pipe dream). But yeah it all starts with a S&T and possibly a third team.

This offseason is going to be so nuts.

Tom Penny

Lol that's a joke compared to what the Celtics could give them

LOL no shit and supposedly we offered 6 17 and a future one and players and they said no. Ainge just waiting in the weeds. If he wants him he can get him. He's probably also working on moving Rondo on draft day Minn gets too greedy about Love.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I don't like Love on the Bulls. I think we're giving up too much for him. 2 picks is enough for a guy who's leaving anyway. We can't give up Taj as well. Shit I'd rather go for Affalo if Minny wants that much.

J2 Cool

I honestly... don't see Love putting up the same numbers on the Bulls team. I just can't imagine our system allowing him to put up 24-26ppg, and Noah cuts into his rebounding some. Bulls frontcourt also isn't too bad how it is now. I think Carmelo is the more dynamic addition, higher potential, but a more uncertain addition.

Still I think if you keep a defensive minded coach around Carmelo.. well that's something we havent seen him play on in the NBA hardly. A Noah/Taj/Melo frontcourt in the final 5 minutes of the game is a lot more interesting I think than whatever you do with Love. Also in the case that Rose went down again.. Carmelo would also be an interesting matchup with Miami if they were still hitting Rose with that same pressure. If we land either though, it will be a hell of a lot better than 2010's score.

fertygo

If you seeking to upgrade your offense, Love is way too go IMO.. not only he arguably the best stretch 4 right now, he also elite passer.. if Noah can get trip dub frenzy with thibs's system.. just imagine.

Squalor

I don't think so. It's a contract opt-out. Barring something miraculous, he'll be an unrestricted free agent.
In order to do that, he would have needed to opt out, anyway.

I think he's leaving, though, unless he knows for sure they're getting Carmelo.

Hereeeeeeeee we gooooooooooooo!
not-like-this.gif

Fjordson

I don't think so. It's a contract opt-out. Barring something miraculous, he'll be an unrestricted free agent.
Sure, but wasn't that a possible option all along? I feel like people have been talking about the big three all opting out so they could resign for less and give Miami some financial flexibility.

I could be wrong, though. I'm sometimes a bit fuzzy on the business side of bball.

Sure, but wasn't that a possible option all along? I feel like people have been talking about the big three all opting out so they could resign for less and give Miami some financial flexibility.

I could be wrong, though. I'm sometimes a bit fuzzy on the business side of bball.

Except that would require Bosh and especially Wade to leave $40 million on the table and sign for less. That's what everyone doubted.

Fjordson

Except that would require Bosh and especially Wade to leave $40 million on the table and sign for less. That's what everyone doubted.
Well yeah, if they do that then he's definitely gone. I guess he's doing this early to see what happens with Wade / Bosh / Miami front office.

Squalor

Well yeah, if they do that then he's definitely gone. I guess he's doing this early to see what happens with Wade / Bosh / Miami front office.
This definitely puts pressure on Wade and Bosh.

I feel as though that had they discussed it and reached an accord, they'd have done it all together.

It seems LeBron is playing his gambit now to see if the other two follow suit.

Fjordson

I feel as though that had they discussed it and reached an accord, they'd have done it all together.

It seems LeBron is playing his gambit now to see if the other two follow suit.
Hmm, good point. And I didn't know this was six days before the deadline until just now so that's an interesting note. Figured he would need the full time to mull it over.

Squalor

Hmm, good point. And I didn't know this was six days before the deadline until just now so that's an interesting note. Figured he would need the full time to mull it over.
Yeah, his deadline was June 30.

Duncan announced his a day early and only had two possibilities: Spurs or retirement.

Even Carmelo waited until the deadline day even though everyone already knew what he was going to do.

The fact that James announced this six days early and did it alone is not a good sign for the Heat.

If Wade opts in to take the guaranteed money, it's all over for sure.

andthebeatgoeson

Wade is holding this all back. I'm sure Miami would be happy to keep just Bron and Bosh. But why should Wade take less money? Without the option, they would get rid of him. Can you blame anyone of them? If Bron leaves, in his prime, instead of staying and waiting a year to kick Wade to the curb to reboot, can you blame him? Bosh or Wade not opting out? I can't blame none of them. Besides people bringing up the shit that happened 4 years ago, this is just how it is.

It'd be hilarious if Riley got Wade to opt out and then replaced him with Melo. I'd honestly rather have Melo and Lowry than Wade, especially on a multiyear deal.

effzee

I can't imagine Wade re doing his deal but didn't Bosh come out even before the finals finished that he would take less to stay in Miami?

There was an article posted where he talked in depth about how much he liked living and playing in Miami. The lifestyle and climate for his family and how taking a little less won't hurt him because he makes good money.

Its all up to Wade now. I don't see him leaving all that money.

Lol that Chicago offer for Love is a joke. The centerpiece of the deal is a guy who is older than Love for crying out loud. Taj Gibson is a nice player who is likely peaking as a pro. That deal is some basketball reasons-esque shit.

jbug617

Banned
Apparently the Kings and Pistons are talking about a Josh Smith trade.

@ESPNSteinLine: One source insists nothing imminent, but I'm told Pistons and Kings have discussed a trade that would send Josh Smith to Sacramento

Wonder if that would setup a Rondo trade because Rondo is friends with Smith.

AirBrian

If the Celtics can somehow get Isiah Thomas back and a top 10 pick...laters. Pipe dream though.

And why would they go play with broken old Kobe..they don't even have a coach.

Lakers aren't going to hire a coach until the FA dust settles. Why put yourself in a box and potentially limit yourself because a certain FA doesn't like the coach you hired?

jey_16

Banned
Doesn't Kobe make like $24m a year? Can't imagine LeBron going to LA to make substantially less then that while being in Kobe's shadow. He wants to be the star with a decent supporting cast.

I suspect Bosh and Wade will opt out to allow Miami to go after some other free agents. They must make enough money from endorsements to cover the reduced salaries?

Top Bottom