• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

BadAss2961

Bulls are the place to go if you are a free agent PG and want to have a great year to help you get paid. Just ask Nate Robinson and DJ Augustin. I'm sure Brooks is thinking "If Rose goes down again, I'm going to shine".
Yup. Not to knock Rose, but PGs beast in our system.

Thibs gets the most out of everyone he plays...except Boozer. lol

coachk_1.jpg
This would be much watch TV every night.

Milwaukee looks like they'll pick up Kendall Marshall

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 8m
But Bucks are looking for passers and backcourt upgrades and will soon add KMarshall as newest guard alongside recent signed Jarryd Bayless

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 12m
In any event: Lakers had to waive Kendall Marshall to gain every inch of cap space they could & hoped to re-sign him had he cleared waivers

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 13m
And maybe by time Bucks make it official I'll even be able to spell CLAIMING

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 13m
ESPN sources say Bucks will be clamining Kendall Marshall off waivers as soon as possible, foiling Lakers' plans of re-signing @KButter5

Shandel Richardson ✔ @ShandelRich
Follow
Chalmers on LeBron: "I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland but you grow up and you move on."
giphy.gif

Shandel Richardson ✔ @ShandelRich
Follow
For the record, Chalmers wished LeBron well. Said the two have spoken. No love lost.
Chalmers "You gotta do what's best for your family. I'm not mad at him at all. You gotta do what's right for them and what you feel is right in your heart."

More in this article (BR)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
As a Carolina guy, it'll be nice to see Marshall dishing dimes to Parker for a few minutes a night.

FIFY, :p

you know who he's going to pass it to. I know Henson has come along as an NBA player but isn't he still better on the defensive end?

I read Lakers might be trying to acquire Bledsoe away from the Suns. Good pickup, but it depends at the right price. Read that Lakers are willing to come close to Bledsoe's desire for that max deal of $80 million. Not sure if Bledsoe is worth that much.

That deal doesn't make a ton of sense. Bledsoe is restricted, is he not? That seems like way too much to give up for a guy who isn't under team control. Granted the Suns have leverage because of his RFA status, but not THAT much leverage.

watershed

Banned
The Lakers are still directionless and I don't think banking on 2015 free agency is going to help them. What will they use besides money to tempt free agents?

Two Words

Yessss, make the Suns suck more. I'll take both the Suns and Lakers turning into .400 teams.

Any chance Dallas can get Marion to re-sign with their $2.7 million space? Having Parsons and Marion at SF and sliding Crowder to backup SG would be ideal.

Yessss, make the Suns suck more. I'll take both the Suns and Lakers turning into .400 teams.

Any chance Dallas can get Marion to re-sign with their $2.7 million space? Having Parsons and Marion at SF and sliding Crowder to backup SG would be ideal.

Dunno, the rumor is he might actually retire. His wife had a child not long ago and it's speculated that he wants to take a year off or retire to spend time with his newborn.

Actually, Kobe would make a great coach.

"You're not qualified to question my decisions."
"Don't talk to me."
"Julius tried to hit on my wife.
"

I bleed Purple and gold, but this was very funny.

Also, the Lakers wouldn't have to send Randle to Phoenix for Bledsoe right?

Can someone tell me why would anyone have an opinion that Kyrie and Wiggins for Love and Rubio trade would be an awesome idea. My friend from fb is stanning hard for Rubio

Furyous

Lance ballin' out at the Epicentre in Charlotte

Bs4KJsFIUAAlPuN.jpg

this isn't a strip club if you've read that somewhere haha

BORN READY is about to have a new meaning. FROLICK LANCE FROLICK. I hope Lance smashes his way to new records on and off the court. <--- See what I did there?

LOL at Dan Lebatard copping pleas. Dude is on the radio talking about congratulations Cleveland it's not easy to win with King James. To that I say......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZr2qOXQJ4w

RUN THE POINT NIGHT!

The season needs to start tomorrow so I can party some more off their tears. Fuck the Heat forever but Lebatard is funny dude and Stugotz needs his own ESPN show.

In Cavs news, someone needs to petition to change those jerseys. Bron needs to force a jersey change. Our guys are having a great summer league. Is there anyway we can pry Sam Cassell from the Wizards? If all it takes is a second round pick then we need to trade one for him.

watershed

Banned
Can someone tell me why would anyone have an opinion that Kyrie and Wiggins for Love and Rubio trade would be an awesome idea. My friend from fb is stanning hard for Rubio

Didn't Kyrie Irving just sign a max extension? You don't sign a guy to a contract like that then ship 'em. Kyrie is younger and better anyways.

Mxrz

Not sure I'd give up Wiggins for love straight up. Love will be on the market soon, just have LeBron recruit him next summer. Cleveland has enough as it is to get out of the East. Who's going to stop them? George? Bosh? Rose? and Love/LeBron/Kyrie would still probably fail against the Super-Spurs.

Not sure I'd give up Wiggins for love straight up. Love will be on the market soon, just have LeBron recruit him next summer. Cleveland has enough as it is to get out of the East. Who's going to stop them? George? Bosh? Rose? and Love/LeBron/Kyrie would still probably fail against the Super-Spurs.

Cleveland won't have the money to sign him outright next summer unless they expect him to take a pay cut. Go ahead and remind me of how well it went for teams this summer who asked superstars to take pay cuts.

Love is arguably the best PF in the game and would be the best player LeBron ever played with. You make the trade. Love already made it known he would sign long term with Golden State if he was traded there. Which in lies the problem. If Love isn't shipped to Cleveland, then Golden State is most likely the destination. He's not going to just walk, Flip is shipping him somewhere. If it's Golden State he gets traded to, you can't just expect Love to fall into Cleveland's lap the same way Wiggins did. I think you have to get this trade done. Love is just too good.

Mxrz

Huh. Did Kyrie get paid or something?

I've never been that sold on Love. He puts up Raptor's Bosh numbers, doesn't he? After the beating the Spurs gave him, I'd think LeBron would be more interested in some big defenders.

Huh. Did Kyrie get paid or something?

I've never been that sold on Love. He puts up Raptor's Bosh numbers, doesn't he? After the beating the Spurs gave him, I'd think LeBron would be more interested in some big defenders.

No Kevin Love is an absolute elite player. It's not just about empty stats like PTS/REB if you like at things like player efficiency/PER, win shares and plus/minus he was one of the 3 best players in the league. And his skill level, passing, rebounding and shooting are all elite.

Didn't see it earlier, but Ryan Kelly (Blue Devil) is resigning with the Lakers. They had earlier made a $1m qualifying offer, making him a RFA.

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine · 3h
Official numbers on Ryan Kelly's new deal with Lakers: $1,650,000 in 2014-15, $1,724,250 in 2015-16

Cleveland won't have the money to sign him outright next summer unless they expect him to take a pay cut. Go ahead and remind me of how well it went for teams this summer who asked superstars to take pay cuts.

I think technically the Cavs have enough expiring contracts and contracts they can get away from easily like Bennett/Thompson/Waiters that they could offer Love a 4 year max contract or very close to it. Although I think it's likely that if he gets traded this year that he'll just accept a full 5 year max from his new team.

Pimpwerx

No Kevin Love is an absolute elite player. It's not just about empty stats like PTS/REB if you like at things like player efficiency/PER, win shares and plus/minus he was one of the 3 best players in the league. And his skill level, passing, rebounding and shooting are all elite.
Not a lick of defense. People are enamored with the idea of a Irving/James/Love Big3. I keep saying, there's only one defender on that group, and they'll have to trade their second best perimeter defender to form it. I'm not worried about that team. I think Chicago looks like the potential powerhouse this season. PEACE.

Not a lick of defense. People are enamored with the idea of a Irving/James/Love Big3. I keep saying, there's only one defender on that group, and they'll have to trade their second best perimeter defender to form it. I'm not worried about that team. I think Chicago looks like the potential powerhouse this season. PEACE.
you jealous that lbj went home. chicago need to hope rose is healthy.

Defense is about systems moreso than individual talents these days. If you put Love with Tom Thibs or Pop he wouldn't look like such a bad defender. He doesn't have to turn into Dennis Rodman. That shit is overrated.

You are also basing a lot on Wiggins based on some meaningless summer league action. He's not going to step right into the NBA and become an elite defender just because he's athletic. It might take him a couple of years. Paul George really didn't hit that stride until year 3.

Apath

We added a lot of good pieces, however we failed to fix our glaring flaw: lack of scorers who can make their own play outside of Rose. I was really hoping for Lance, but now I'm just hoping Rose stays healthy.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin Love and LeBron James both had 3.7 defensive win shares last year.

Kevin Love is far from an elite defender but he's decent enough and a beast on the glass. And he'd be a perfect compliment to LeBron.

Tom Penny

Maine is also a state that starts with the letter M like Minnesota. Must be true. That being said apparently the Bulls are back in the mix.

BadAss2961

Bulls being rumored for Love now. I don't see it at all. If the Wolves take Butler and Gibson over Wiggins they are quite stupid.
I don't think we can compete with a Wiggins offer, but if we can use ourselves as leverage for Minnesota to fleece the Cavs even more, so be it. Might as well take our shot in the dark anyway.

Love, Noah, Gasol, Mirotic. Imagine that.

The way it's looking now, the deal is done, Cavs are just determining how much they will actually have to give up and if a third team is needed. Any deal that doesn't include Wiggins would be masterful on the Cav's part.

Edit: The more I think about it - a deal has to be centered around Wiggins, otherwise Cavs wouldn't be feeling this confident.

Top Bottom